Falkands War PBEM #2

academia

Master of the Universe
Mmm... just for curiosity... anyone interested in this scenario?
Some may have heard of it (i´ve posted many versions in this forum)

This should be the final version :rolleyes:
If you are interested and want to try it, this is the right place to do it. The more tests I do, the more info I collect :)

This is a 2 player scenario. A true duel :D

Argentina: Ohwell
Chile: AI
England: Mordheim

Argentina moves first.

Great Mordheim :goodjob:

Mmm... so many "uk" in your e-mail... I feel that you are going to defend your country, aren´t you? :rolleyes:

Files have been sent :)

Cool!! :goodjob:
Files have been sent.

Argies move first.
It´s your turn Ohwell
Good luck :)

Fitz Roy base captured!! Port stanley is in our sights. :)

A British destroyer is hit by an exocet and is severely damaged, near Port Stanley. British stingers are destroyed near Port Leith in a raid by commandos.

Production is optimised for ALL OUT WAR. :evil:

Originally posted by academia
Some modifications:

1) Indestructible Fortifications in the continental cities + english base
Prevents English invasion to Argentina; Argentine invasion to english base city

2) A-4 Skyhakws instead of Canberras
This is more realistic. Argentina didn´t use Canberras to attack british vessels.

3) Sea Dart instead of Seawolf
ADVANTAGES
- More realistic
- The movement of these units is 2
- It reflects the defensive role of these missiles in the war. Most of the english missiles were purely defensive; AA

DISADVANTAGES
- They are inside submarines/carriers (CIV2 characteristic). In the war, the frigates/destroyers had them

4) Exocets mobility reduced to 5
ADVANTAGES
- More realistic
- The missiles don´t have a long range

DISADVANTAGES
- They are inside subs/carriers (CIV2 characteristic). In real life, argentine aircrafts used them.

5) More british TrackedRapier AA
- Enhanced english air defence

Dammit, MORE Rapiers? Though the added ground units from all my backwater cities should help. The fortifications units allow me to use all those cities infantry and send them over to the Falklands. :cool: I don't have to worry about those sneaky Chileans!

Falkland Islanders shocked by Argentinian invasion. Consul of the English Empire (;)) Maggie Thatcher has decided to send a small fleet now rather than wait and pool together all resources. She then went on to beat jounalists over the head with her umberella for no appartent reason and banned free milk for schools. Again.

Argentina claims that the Falklands are rightfuly ours!! It is closer to us and you Imperialists only took it by force!! We will regain our honour by completely taking back the falklands and eliminating your fleet!

Moments after this speech was delivered, the news was broadcast that Port Stanley was occupied by Argentinian troops!! AA guns, Ground Exocets, tanks, APCs and infantry have marched into the port. A small detachment of soldiers and Ground Exocets have occupied Darwin. Similair successes were reported in Port Leith. Puma helicopters eliminated all resistance and troops took the city!! Air reinforcements are expected to arrive soon consiting of A-4 Skyhawks, Mirage II fighters and Pucaras. Our carrier fleet "25 de Mayo" is ready to leave port. Troops are being ferried over to the Falklands every hour. England will suffer the wrath of Argentina!! :mwaha:

HMS Invincible and HMS Hermes are now operating in the combat vicinity. Further fleet movements are classified.

:o Forgot file...

Er, wrong file maybe ;)

Prime Minister Thatcher has urged that the Argentinian 'Government' reconsider it's actions. The result can only end up with a severe embarresment for the Argentinian military.

Argentina shows a large air display over the Falklands including nearly 20 Mirage fighters, a slightly larger but nearly equal number of Pucaras, and 14 A-4 Skyhawks. These certainly spell England's doom on the water. More air and ground reinforcements are arriving. Troops are on the outskirts of Fox Bay.

UK aircraft in the area now number 34. And our pilots have the added bonus of being able to fly without crashing :p.

Crashing eh?

Severely damaged a British frigate southeast of the islands, a frigate has been dispached to finish it off and rescue any survivors. Aren't we nice? :)

After much debating, an important decicion was resolved. Can't tell you what it is though :p

Stray Argentinan transport craft was sunk by a patroling frigate. Operation Jackhammer nears it's implementation phase.

Top Bottom