Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Auric Ulvin

FWIW, using the bare FfH version pretty much guarantees that I won't be following along. I'm committed to using MNAI nowadays, especially now that the versions are not so much in flux anymore.

@Ozbenno:

I'd be keen to try out MNAI too. Could you roll a new start using 2.6.3? Or shall I try?

Will be able to post a save tomorrow (Monday) hopefully

See if this one works...

Attachments

• Auric_Ulvin_AD-0001.CivBeyondSwordSave
    100 KB · Views: 196
By all means take it and go! I'll be away from a Civ Computer until Sunday anyway!

I don’t know who I am.

I don’t know where I am.

I don’t know what I’m doing.

My first memory is of standing here in this place, talking to the living ghosts that have gathered here.

"Once you had been the greatest of scholars and priests, tributes were paid to you by all nations. You think those days are past, you dream of the return of your lord and I tell you, he will not come. I am your lord now, forget what you have lost, and think only on what can be gained; follow me and I will return your glory. This world will be yours again."

These are the words I spoke, the first words I ever recall speaking. I did not know then where these words came from or even what they meant, they just appeared in my mind as I spoke. It was like I was watching myself in a dream, a spectator to my own actions. At various times since I think that I have known where, or more precisely who, those words were from but I have either lost those memories as well or they have been taken from me. I don’t know why this does not worry me. Maybe the cold has numbed my emotions into acceptance of what is, not yearning for what was. I do not know how long ago I spoke these words, as time seems to have no meaning. One day seems like the last, without end.

It is only now, as I sense the grip of the cold begin to weaken, that it is clear to me that the time of the Illians is here. It is time to gather all of the ghosts that haunt these wastes together in one spot, time to plan for our future in this world.

It is said that when the Illians awake, the world sleeps; and when the world sleeps, the Illians awake. This time as the world awakes from the cold, the Illians will not be sleeping.

The Illians do not worship any gods since the disappearance of Mulcarn. The gods are fickle and while they can grant good fortune

there are signs pointing to their fickle nature to be seen littering the landscape.

This awakening world is full of dangers.

We must be prepared to defend what we have.

Let us hope that the other tribes that might be out there find this world as dangerous as us.

Attachments

• Auric SG Turn 10.CivBeyondSwordSave
    142.1 KB · Views: 234
OK I played 10.

Exploring warrior has been pushed back to the capital to defend and we should build 2-3 more before we consider anything exploring (although maybe a work boat could be squeezed in).

Research set to Agriculture to move to Animal Husbandry and then the path to Mining I think.

The scout is looking through the northern ice and hasn't found anything except wolves, currently healing up and promoted to Combat I (hopefully to survive and get Capture Animal).

Be a while before we get a second city up but there is gold to the east and wine to the SW that could be good sites.

All yours Immy!!

The save is here. Will be able to write the report tomorrow most hopefully - caught a cold :/

Attachments

• Auric SG Turn 20.CivBeyondSwordSave
    150.7 KB · Views: 219
Will try to get it done until Monday....thx for the patience!

I am so happy to see others playing FFH in 2017.

I hadn't picked up FFH2 in about a year, and after New Year's just felt like playing.

I fondly read a bunch of old threads (some by Ozbenno), and just completed up some of the trophies I was missing
  • Basium, after starting with random leader, which turned out to be a very fun game (overran Khazad, Amurites, Bannor, Doviello, Calabim; vassal Hippus)
  • Doviello, I made myself :c5culture: them and got a Tower victory
  • Grigori, probably underused adventurers, too much GP pollution
  • Orcs, wow...warrens
  • I also necro'd a crazy high to low game I previously abandoned (and had just posted here for interest).

I will definitely be following this game. :thumbsup:

Will get to this on the upcoming weekend definitely!

Top Bottom