Fall Further - The Original Thread

I'm getting an error when I use Ctrl-Alt-O for the Bug Mod. I checked to make sure the file referenced does exist in at least one of those directories, and it does. See image below:

Spoiler :
[/IMG]

's probably supposed to be looking for the 040 .ini I'd imagine.

I'm getting an error when I use Ctrl-Alt-O for the Bug Mod. I checked to make sure the file referenced does exist in at least one of those directories, and it does. See image below:

Spoiler :
[/IMG]

EDIT: Just took a look at it and it seems to be happening because the folder name has changed (Fall Further rather than Fall from Heaven 2032) - I'll take a poke at it and see what I can do.

EDIT2: Found it.

In Assets\Python\Contrib\CvModName.py;

Code:
#CvModName.py
[b]modName = "Fall from Heaven 2 032"[/b]

Should be;

Code:
#CvModName.py
[b]modName = "Fall Further"[/b]

I'm going to change it in the installer version and re-upload it (takes around 10-15mins to upload - upstream is quite poor compared to our downstream), but if you want to fix it manually - that's what you need to change.

I'm on XP, and I'm having the same problem. Also, the opening screen looks like normal BtS instead of FfH.

I'm getting an error when I use Ctrl-Alt-O for the Bug Mod. I checked to make sure the file referenced does exist in at least one of those directories, and it does.

I'm getting the same thing under XP. My install path is C:/Civilization4/Beyond the Sword/

Also: The title screen that normally shows a demon instead has the basic BTS display - it's fine under base FFH2 - and the GP progress bar floats sort-of under and to the side of the tech progress bar. Otherwise things seem OK. No idea what's going on.

Since the problems seem to be primarily cosmetic I started working on the Scions merge and came across what seems to be an extra block of text at "Valor" in the Promotions file. I'd guess the new info for Valor was inserted by the old info wasn't erased.

Spoiler :

Code:
            <iResistMagic>10</iResistMagic>
            <iSpellCasterXP>0</iSpellCasterXP>
            <iSpellDamageModify>0</iSpellDamageModify>
            <CaptureUnitCombat>NONE</CaptureUnitCombat>
            <PromotionCombatApply>NONE</PromotionCombatApply>
            <PromotionImmune1>NONE</PromotionImmune1>
            <PromotionImmune2>NONE</PromotionImmune2>
            <PromotionImmune3>NONE</PromotionImmune3>
            <PromotionRandomApply>NONE</PromotionRandomApply>
            <PromotionSummonPerk>NONE</PromotionSummonPerk>
            <BonusPrereq>NONE</BonusPrereq>
            <PromotionPrereqOr3>NONE</PromotionPrereqOr3>
            <PromotionPrereqOr4>NONE</PromotionPrereqOr4>
            <PromotionPrereqAnd>NONE</PromotionPrereqAnd>
            <PromotionNextLevel>NONE</PromotionNextLevel>
            <PyPerTurn></PyPerTurn>
            <iGroupSize>0</iGroupSize>
            <UnitArtStyleType>NONE</UnitArtStyleType>
            <PromotionCombatType>NONE</PromotionCombatType>
            <iPromotionCombatMod>0</iPromotionCombatMod>
            <DamageTypeCombats>
            </DamageTypeCombats>
            <BonusAffinities>
            </BonusAffinities>
            <DamageTypeResists>
            </DamageTypeResists>
            <iResistMagic>0</iResistMagic>
            <iSpellCasterXP>0</iSpellCasterXP>
            <iSpellDamageModify>0</iSpellDamageModify>
            <CaptureUnitCombat>NONE</CaptureUnitCombat>
            <PromotionCombatApply>NONE</PromotionCombatApply>
            <PromotionImmune1>NONE</PromotionImmune1>
            <PromotionImmune2>NONE</PromotionImmune2>
            <PromotionImmune3>NONE</PromotionImmune3>
            <PromotionRandomApply>NONE</PromotionRandomApply>
            <PromotionSummonPerk>NONE</PromotionSummonPerk>
            <BonusPrereq>NONE</BonusPrereq>
            <PromotionPrereqOr3>NONE</PromotionPrereqOr3>
            <PromotionPrereqOr4>NONE</PromotionPrereqOr4>
            <PromotionPrereqAnd>NONE</PromotionPrereqAnd>
            <PromotionNextLevel>NONE</PromotionNextLevel>
            <PyPerTurn></PyPerTurn>
            <iGroupSize>0</iGroupSize>
            <UnitArtStyleType>NONE</UnitArtStyleType>
            <PromotionCombatType>NONE</PromotionCombatType>
            <iPromotionCombatMod>0</iPromotionCombatMod>
            <DamageTypeCombats>
            </DamageTypeCombats>
            <BonusAffinities>
            </BonusAffinities>
            <DamageTypeResists>
            </DamageTypeResists>

Haven't seen it anywhere. This would be an awesome feature though; I take it this means that I could see where hell was advancing, and put an adept in a boat and sanctify big areas of ocean to keep Hell away from my continent, rather than having to to just run around putting out fires wherever it happens to advance on land?

It's actually implemented now, it just looks a little "rough" around the edges in places. I'm going to try to neaten it up for a later version, but thought it was useful enough to include now.

Any chance you could make a tile's mouse over actually display the numerical value of the plot counter?

I'm also sill thinking it would look better if the broader alignments stuff was hidden until you mouseovered the normal alignment by the players name. I don't see the need for the alignment bar either, if you can see the numerical value. I'm also thinking that your changes to how the AC is displayed were also only in mouseovers.

I crossposted a bit whilst working on the BUG issue, so I'll repost it here

In Assets\Python\Contrib\CvModName.py;

Code:
#CvModName.py
[b]modName = "Fall from Heaven 2 032"[/b]

Should be;

Code:
#CvModName.py
[b]modName = "Fall Further"[/b]

I've also updated the installer with the new file, so anyone downloading after this point shouldn't have the problem. Anyone else can choose to either re-download or just apply the fix manually as above.

Any chance you could make a tile's mouse over actually display the numerical value of the plot counter?

I'm also sill thinking it would look better if the broader alignments stuff was hidden until you mouseovered the normal alignment by the players name. I don't see the need for the alignment bar either, if you can see the numerical value. I'm also thinking that your changes to how the AC is displayed were also only in mouseovers.

New mouseovers have proven to be problematic - which is the main reason the numerical values were added to the main interface. I may be able to look at what the BUG team have done however and work it out.

The Alignment-bar does seem a little unnecessary at the moment I agree.

Adding the plot count to a tile-help mouseover should be possible, but do we want players to have that information? I quite like never being sure when hell terrain might next claim a square.

Also: The title screen that normally shows a demon instead has the basic BTS display - it's fine under base FFH2 - and the GP progress bar floats sort-of under and to the side of the tech progress bar. Otherwise things seem OK. No idea what's going on.

Since the problems seem to be primarily cosmetic I started working on the Scions merge and came across what seems to be an extra block of text at "Valor" in the Promotions file. I'd guess the new info for Valor was inserted by the old info wasn't erased.

Thanks - not sure why the XML validator didn't throw that one out - but I'll sort it. Regarding the title screen - FFH only overwrites one of the title screens - have a look on the BtS options menu from the main menu - there should be an drop down box allowing you to choose BtS Classic, Warlords, Civ4 or Beyond the Sword start screens. I believe FfH only shows the Demon screen on "Beyond the Sword" (check the others if not - I may be wrong on that). Patch 3.17 will have reset the options in any case - which causes that.

Thanks for the quick fix, Vehem. I like the new Austrin civ, I just started a game with them, and they're a lot of fun.

I quite like them too. They're not as strongly "set" as some of the others (i.e. the Kahdi really need to be mages, the Cualli rely heavily on their priest/assassins) - but they do have some interesting quirks in most of the lines (Melee - Windswords + fast, Archery - Recurve Archer, Recon - Rogue/Explorer/Tracker, Mages - Pegasus summoning at Archmage) which makes them interesting to play in different ways.

I don't think they're a "power race" (though Windswords on Pegasi are excellent if you have research to spare) but they seem quite enjoyable anyway.

In couple of hours, I won't have access to my computer for over a month.

I think this has ruined my summer :p

By the way, nice installer, Vehem. Significantly cuts down on the hassle of installing, and should be a boon to people who are afraid to muck about in their install folders.

Thanks guys. Love the mod. Good work to all those involved.

And now...I will shamelessly go and sit on my arse and enjoy the fruits of your labors! :mischief:

Just to be sure, have I got the install order right?

BTS
BTS Patch 3.17
FFH .32
FFH patch l
FFH media pack
FF 040

Just to be sure, have I got the install order right?

BTS
BTS Patch 3.17
FFH .32
FFH patch l
FFH media pack
FF 040

Sounds good. You actually get 2 mod folders now, so everything in the FfH mod folder at the time you install Fall Further will be duplicated and then updated with the FF changes. That does mean more space is needed overall, but it allows you to play both versions and keeps things tidy.

I'm actually going to revise Fall Further for next version such that it is self-contained and not reliant on the FFH install (basically the resources path). That means you'd be able to delete the original folder if space is a real issue.

That being said - I currently have 23 different copies of Fall from Heaven/Fall Further (starting at version 016) not counting Age of Ice, as well as several backup copies of various Fall Further versions on various other hard drives/the internet. I think I may have "a problem".

It seems like buildings are no longer required for the sacrifice spell. As soon as a unit gets to level 2 I can sacrifice it in any city. (I've noticed this with the Mazatl and Austrin)

It als seems like the Austrin and Hippus have identical colors, which could be confusing.

It seems like buildings are no longer required for the sacrifice spell. As soon as a unit gets to level 2 I can sacrifice it in any city. (I've noticed this with the Mazatl and Austrin)

Thanks,

in reqSacrifice in CvSpellInterface.py, line 2135;
Code:
	if pPlot.getPlotCity().getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_DEMONS_ALTAR')) == 0 and pPlot.getPlotCity().getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_SACRIFICIAL_ALTAR')):

should be;
Code:
	if pPlot.getPlotCity().getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_DEMONS_ALTAR')) == 0 and pPlot.getPlotCity().getNumBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDING_SACRIFICIAL_ALTAR')) == 0:

I'll include it with Patch A.

It als seems like the Austrin and Hippus have identical colors, which could be confusing.

They don't - I tried them out next to their nearest "colour-neighbours" (Malakim and Hippus) and the borders of each look pretty distinct. Hippus are a purer green, Malakim are yellow and the Austrin are somewhere in between.

Cualli Priests of Argoun need Gems?
Laaaame....

I think there is a good reason why Kael took out resource requirements for basic priests, and its a good one, particuarly for a resource like gems which spawns very rarely; the game doesn't think its a strategic resource so it isn't spread around, there may be only one place with gems in the whole map. At least incense tends to be spread out a fair amount.

Check out the save, the only gems are.... as far as it would be possible for gems to be. I guess I'll be trying to trade with Mahala.

Attachments

• Cualli.CivBeyondSwordSave
    194.8 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom