• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Fall Further - The Original Thread

Vehem said:
Have to report a bug that causes immediate CTDs - playing on 042B.

When in the Financial Advisor (F2), when I mouse-over the City Maintenance (where it's supposed to show maintenance by distance and no. of cities) I get an immediate crash.
This is the second game I've had this and, unfortunately, it 'works' every time.. :(

Don't know if this is FFH or FF, since I immediately installed FF when FFH 0.33 came out, haven't played without it.. ;)

Can anyone confirm...? Haven't had any other problems, so I don't think it's my installation.

Reproducible and confirmed - will look into it. Won't make it into Patch C, but will try to sort it out for D.

I take it back - the fix will be in Patch C. Xienwolf is just that good.

(was introduced by the CityBonus tags that granted gold for units in/near the city - so it was just a FF problem, not a base mod)

Patch C - Download
1. Missing Text Keys included (FFH2_Gametext now part of the standard release)
2. Decius will update his Broad Alignment when choosing alignment.
3. Assimilation upgrades fixed
4. Sphener and MoM menu screens added as options
5. Decius Gains "Conqueror" trait (rebranded "Tolerant"), but loses Raiders.
6. Added Monastery UB for the Elohim (Replaces Pagan Temple, GPP bonus, +1 Culture, Happiness from Spirit Mana instead of Incense, Allows 1 Sage)
7. Added Archives UB for the Elohim (Replaces Library, requires Monastery, +40% Science, Priest instead of Sage)
8. Added Abbey UB for the Elohim (requires 4 Pagan Temples, Culture bonus, Produces +2GPP (Prophet), 1 Happiness per 20% culture, required for Monks to learn "Purity" and "Focus")
9. Added Minster UB for the Elohim (requires 2 Abbey's, National Wonder, Significant Culture/GPP, 1 Happiness per 10% culture, required for Monks to learn "Enlightenment")
10. Elohim Racial Promotion - Pacifist. -1 Offensive Combat Strength.
11. Monks changed to be Strength 4/5, Move 1.
12. Added "Purity" (requires: Monk, Abbey, Level 4. AutoAcquired. +100% Resistance to Poison Damage, +25% Resistance to Unholy Damage, Immune to Disease/Plague).
13. Added "Focus" (requires: Monk, Abbey, Level 6. AutoAcquired. +1 Spirit Affinity, +25% Resistance to Unholy Damage).
14. Added "Enlightenment" (requires: Monk, Minster, Level 12. AutoAcquired. +1 Spirit Affinity, Immune to Fear, Immune to Magic).
15. Achieving "Enlightenment" grants the Honorific title of "Sohei".
16. Added Bradeline's Well Unique Feature (Entropy Mana Source, +4 Commerce with Corruption of Spirit)
17. If controlled by Sheaim player with Knowledge of the Ether, Bradeline's well has small chance per turn of summoning an Imp or Pit Beast under player's control.
18. If visited by the Elohim, Bradeline's Well can be "repaired". Removes the mana source, reduces AC by 5, prevents Sheaim summoning event.
19. Added Sirona's Beacon Unique Feature (Spirit Mana Source, +2 happy in nearby cities)
20. If visited by the Elohim, Sirona's Beacon grants them the "Spiritual" trait.
21. If visited by the Elohim, Remnants of Patria grants them the "Industrious" trait.
22. If visited by the Elohim, Pool of Tears grants them the "Expansive" trait.
23. If visited by the Elohim, Mirror of Heaven grants +1 Happiness in all Elohim cities.
24. If visited by the Elohim, Odio's Prison will reset their world spell use ("Birthright Regained").
25. Corlindale grants 1 additional vote on the over council. Strength set to 1/0 (becomes 0/0 with Pacifist)
26. Elohim lose the Tolerant trait.
27. Added Silver Circle Wonder (requires Alteration and Currency, +25% Science/Currency, allows construction of Wandering Sages).
28. Added Wandering Sage unit (requires Silver Circle, allows construction of Enchanter's Enclave building, can perform small trade missions).
29. Added Enchanter's Enclave building (can only be constructed by Wandering Sage, +5% commerce bonus for Gold, Gems, Mithril, Reagents, Incense, +1 Happiness with Enchantment Mana).
30. CtD on mouseover of City Maintenance fixed.

Vehem, could there be some kind of options screen for Fall Further that describes each specific thing included and allows you to allow/unallow it? Is this possible? Last time I played FF I was overwhelmed by countless messages saying things like ''x will become unhappy in 1 turn'', it was very annoying. It would be nice to be able to turn off certain features.

Vehem, could there be some kind of options screen for Fall Further that describes each specific thing included and allows you to allow/unallow it? Is this possible? Last time I played FF I was overwhelmed by countless messages saying things like ''x will become unhappy in 1 turn'', it was very annoying. It would be nice to be able to turn off certain features.

Those messages are the Civ4Lerts, you can (I think) control them with the BUG Options screen (CTRL+ALT+O)

What he said. The BUG features are something I'm going to be looking at next - will see what we can re-enable on the main screen and will tidy up the options for the rest.

Also, could you release a seperate modmod with just the Elohim and Decius (and related) changes? I'd really appreciate it. A lot of stuff has been added into FF that I don't really agree with, I think it's going too far atm, its been merged with too many other things. Is there a way you could make it so that you can just d/l individual things, meaning you could have diverse cities but not worker promos for e.g.?

Also, could you release a seperate modmod with just the Elohim and Decius (and related) changes? I'd really appreciate it. A lot of stuff has been added into FF that I don't really agree with, I think it's going too far atm, its been merged with too many other things. Is there a way you could make it so that you can just d/l individual things, meaning you could have diverse cities but not worker promos for e.g.?

Not easily and it would be a one off if I did - I won't be supporting several different versions or separate Modcomps. I can provide code if you want to work from it yourself, but I won't be updating those offshoots.

The easier option might be to say which parts you'd like to have options to disable. A lot of features already have that option (BUG mod can be completely disabled from the options for it, Broader Alignments are removable, as of the next version it should also be possible to disable the new civs too).

The main ones that can't be disabled aren't really things that have been merged, but development of the mod.

I guess that means things like ranged archery attacks can't be removed? Shame.

I don't know much about modding but isn't it possible to make a kind of modmod that never needs to be updated?

I guess that means things like ranged archery attacks can't be removed? Shame.

I don't know much about modding but isn't it possible to make a kind of modmod that never needs to be updated?

Not "never", but a module could replace certain parts and that module might survive an update or 5. That would basically be a small mod that you install alongside that could overwrite certain unit details (such as the archers) to re-modify them. I'll see if I can produce something along those lines if that's the only issue?

In all fairness, every feature should have a benefit for at least one race. And ever race should have at least one that they want to visit.

In all fairness, every feature should have a benefit for at least one race. And ever race should have at least one that they want to visit.

Mostly the benefit is in the "+3 Hammers" or "Provides Mana", but the visiting mechanic is nice (which is why I copied the idea from Letum Frigus) and can definitely be expanded upon.

The Elohim got the first turn as they were the ones being reworked and it suited them particularly well.

great patch, thanks :) started a game with Malakim Decius against allied Einon Logos and Ethne vs. allied Tebryn and Os-Gaballa (plus several others) on Tectonics Earth. Just to see who will rule the world: good or evil. So far Ashen Veil has been researched (not by me), while I'm a bit behind researching Empyrian (I started neutral though). (its turn 176 and I'm far from winning). Difficulty Noble.

notes:
- Foreign Trade is still withouth sid tips txt
- Tum Tum is at least for Malakim buildable with trade. To make it Vanish from the build order list, I've built one on 'Australia' for the Barbarian team.
- Lightbringer on a a desert hill lost against ..a goblin? I think strength 3 would be okay for them - I know Disciples are better per se (no, I don't know this, it just seems like that to me ;) ) but anyway, strength 2 is just not enough to survive very long. Or you could give them the Adventourer Promotion, so they bring light in the dungeons, and have some special use! :)

When you made the Monastery UB, you forgot make the Elohim build it instead of normal Pagan Temples.

-----------
I had the problem promoting a unit in a forest again. My Elohim scout had just gotten 5 xp from exploring a dungeon. When I purchased Combat 1 it did not show up as having it. When i moved out of the forest, the available promotions were updated and I could buy the second promotion,but the display at the right did not change. That includes the movement not being displayed as being used up; although I could not move more than 2 spaces, it still displayed as if I had 2 moves left. After I ended my turn things seemed fine.

When you made the Monastery UB, you forgot make the Elohim build it instead of normal Pagan Temples.

Yes, I'm an idiot :mischief:
(last minute tweaks)

Patch D - Download
1. Help text for Elohim Pool of Tears fixed. Should be "Gain the Expansive Trait".
2. Fixed racial promotions when upgrading.
3. Allowed the Elohim to build their UB's correctly again (D'oh!)
4. Prevented Malakim from constructing Tumtum

Where is the file for the religion-specific interfaces? I want to take a shot at making my own and, If I finish any and they look ok, I'll post them here.

Where is the file for the religion-specific interfaces? I want to take a shot at making my own and, If I finish any and they look ok, I'll post them here.

There's quite a few of them to go at and they're packed into \Assets\FFPak0.fpk. You can extract the files from that using "Pakbuild.exe" in the man Civ4 directory (it's the format Firaxis use when tidying up the graphics folders).

Once that's extracted, you want to look in \Art\Interface\Screens - in there are folders for each religion. Those contain TGA files (Targa - file format) which can be altered as you see fit. The only thing that you need to keep the same is the dimensions - they need to be exactly as they are now (or changed along with altering the Python - which is a hassle).

Top Bottom