FANES I - The Years Of Rice And Salt

Really? Is that belivable?

I mean, wouldnt people get confused when traders stopped turning up? When travellers would visit to find the many euro cities empty? Its just a short boat ride over.. i'd assume the message that nothing there has got accross.. especially considering the expansion already.
What traders? The Crusades had just recently started happening = trade between Europeans and Muslims is still very scarce.

Secondly, they are merely claiming what land can be expanded into.. they are not automatically GETTING that land, merely agreeing where they can expand.
Agreed.

I mean, wouldnt people get confused when traders stopped turning up? When travellers would visit to find the many euro cities empty? Its just a short boat ride over.. i'd assume the message that nothing there has got accross.. especially considering the expansion already.
I concur. If the plague killed 99% of the tiny population in 1350, traders would notice--consequently, the governments taxing them would notice.*
Secondly, they are merely claiming what land can be expanded into.. they are not automatically GETTING that land, merely agreeing where they can expand.
They'd believe it's chock full of Europeans. It's like having China and Japan go "hey, let's cut up North America!" It's a far cry from the Europeans going "hey, let's cut up Africa!"

EDIT: Since I have no idea how the world was like in 1350, I'll just go ahead and say the Turks would have noticed.

Please inform me how I am metagaming? Caliph Ishaq II is leading a collapsing state, his ideal means of prolonging the survival of his dynasty. If anyone is metagaming (which I don't think anyone is) it would be the Merinids by trying to draw up arbitrary maps of Europe. My only proposal to them has been to agree that I won't expand into al'Andalus.

I don't think there was so much trade between Northern European cities and Arabian ones, in 1350...and yes, some travellers returned with tales about the emptiness of European cities, but Arabian nations don't have enough informations to make that claims.
The TTL's Plague changed the North Europeans-Arabian relationship to an like OTL's China-Europe one during the same time: The Arabians don't know much about European situation. Maybe only Mamluks have that kowledge, as they ordered large-scale explorations in Europe, but Josef didn't express the intentions of giving that knowledge to other nations.

even after all the expansion they have done already? Do you not think their generals might report back...

"Haiy joo giyze!, derz no nmys!"

All I'm aware of is that many cities in Europe have been emptied, and I am doing my best to preserve the Hafsid Caliphate by taking advantage of this.

an ignoring all expansion around your native lands?

"I'm desperate, people are losing confidence in me--I need to show some bravado and guile! I'll risk expansion into fertile European lands based on loose rumors of some catastrophe!"

"Silly, silly man! We need to tame the sand and the wind of the surrounding lands!"

"Shut up! (EDIT:) We also found the empty city of Rome! The Europeans are immaterial!"

"Allah, no! We should subjugate our neighbors rather than exploiting new and loyalty-less land!"

"Shut up!"

That area is inhabited by Berbers who are more useful to me as allies than as subjects.

EDIT@fc- If you recall my first story, there was a lot more than rumours- I discovered an empty city of Rome.

EDIT2- Nice Additions fc. ;)

Please inform me how I am metagaming? Caliph Ishaq II is leading a collapsing state, his ideal means of prolonging the survival of his dynasty. If anyone is metagaming (which I don't think anyone is) it would be the Merinids by trying to draw up arbitrary maps of Europe. My only proposal to them has been to agree that I won't expand into al'Andalus.
Fine... I take the deal. If only to silence you.

Don't sign it because of something I say OOC Slavic, though IC I'm sure that Caliph Ishaq II will be very pleased to hear that you have come to agree with him.

Sorry for the delay, but at long last my orders are in.

How many orders are we waiting on?

Is this going to actually update, or is it dead?

Flav seems to be waiting on players who are not even in the NES anymore.

If he would just turn out some updates with a little more frequency this game might pick up some more players

Perhaps somebody could PM him and ask him to start the update? If he doesn't, this NES could die.

As I'm growingly tired of people that don't send orders, I officially announce I will start updating without them, hoping that without school my updating speed will increase.

Have I sent my orders?

Coming in right this damn minute.

Top Bottom