Fantasy Empires

wow welcome back Balrog! :cool:
This is my all time fav. mod! [We're only playing multiplayer with this mod!]
I can't wait for part II. :):)

Balrog,

Thanks for the e-mail reply about the mod. I've loaded it and upgraded it and it works fine. Great job!

Thanks. :)
Yes I am back..because of the upcoming expansion.
FE II. will be awesome, I have great ideas already, so just stay tuned.
If you have suggestions etc. post here or send an email.

Ok lads, important info:

I will be away for ~ 1 month. [I will be abroad.]
I will be back in mid october. Post all suggestions about the upcoming FE II. here, or send an email to balrog@2die4.com.

Cya all in october!
Balrog.

Have fun Balrog. Stay away from little white or grey wizards.

An idea I posted on another thread and wanted to make sure you got it. (Since it will probly not be used in other mod).

Gnomish Workshop. Could improve production dramatically like a nuclear plant and have meltdowns like the same improvement to show for the accidents that gnomes often have. It could raise production and maybe science somehow. Could be a small wonder instead. I think I'll make it a small wonder in my mod if I can find the right graphics.

Also, add plague as 'pollution'. Kinboat made some graphics for it. :cool:

-Add negative resource(s), so a map piece with a negative resource could be 'wasteland', or something like that!

Speaking of terrain, it would be cool to have the swampy jungle or just the swamp terrain instead of the flood plain.

the swamp terrain would be instead of the jungle (if at all) and not instead of the flood plain.. flood plain GIVES food..

Jungles could give food. Snakes are very tasty. I just think rivers are enough and an oasis resource could be used to put food in the desert. I think flood plain is unrealistic since it floods and kills people anyway. I like the idea of swamps. Besides there are no jungles in this mod. Or wasn't anyway. I won't argue about it though if the swampy jungle terrain graphic was used instead of Kraal forests. It would be a shame to change that graphic since it gave the mod a different look than others. It's up to Balrog but my vote would be:
Grasslands
Plains
Mountains
Hills
Desert (the one with little hills in it)
Forest
Kraal Forest
Swamps (replacing flood plains)(would be good for lizardman resource)
Tundra

Of course if the graphic for the muddy flood plain with the green edge were used I will not argue that either, since I can just pretend it's a swamp.:lol:

And volcanoes too! Sweet thank you. I geuss that means I have decided to do my own mod on C3C as well. I almost started a thread to make a version for PTW 1.27f but C3C is going to make my terrain issue a lot easier. Having jungle, forest and swamp is more realistic. Firaxis wasn't very smart to leave it out. CtP had tons of terrain, but terrain has been my only real issue with Civ3/PTW. I still don't like flood plain though. At least not the graphic they use. There are better ones in the graphic modpacks terrain library.

I dont like the flod plain graphic either since it looks to much like desert. But it is VERY realsitic.. What do u think kept the egypt going? and what about the rice fields in kina? Flood plains have been an important food resource trough out the history..
Whats always bothered me about civ3 is ur limited number of units, techs, eras, improvments, worker actions, terrains and so on.. They really need to loosen up the editor more..

What is the problem with the flood plains?

I think they could have left out flood plains and just put rivers with a food bonus like in CtP and then require at least grassland, plains, hills, mountains or ortherwise to surround to simulate flood plains. Same way you can't have an ocean tile next ot land. That's what I don't like about it. And they still drown people. They aren't necessary in this game. Besides this is a dead aguement since Firaxis already put them in, and they are adding marshes(swamps) which I never understood why they left out. I am passified by that for now.

Well I think I better shut my mouth, and wont comment any mods, just making up suggestions, since I made a comment about embryo's upcoming mod, that it wont be better than any other fantasy or medieval mods, and now he is angry, lol....
Im sure that it won't be better than FE, you cannot add any more stuff to Civ3....there are limits you know. He said, that he is making his mod for 8 months, but I think only because of the unit and leaderhead animations.......as a mod it surely wont be better than other great mods like FE or Yoda's medieval mod....

I think that helpful information is accepted. Downing an unfinished mod is not. As aaglo said in the other trhead let's get back on track. Don't let the aggressors get to you. Just take a deep breath, relax and move on. Are there limits to how much you can do in a mod? You should play the DyP 1.50. They must have pushed it to the edge. They didn't because I added stuff to their mod for my own purposes. Like a test for myself and added around 60 units and changed some leaderheads. You can add as much you want, the only limit is that if it's too big no one can download it. Now I need to tell myself to get back on track.

I dont have to relax tj. :)
That was my opinion, nothing more! The fact is that FE is very popular, I know like 25 people from civ3 multiplayer, and they are only playing FE multi....Yes thanks to Balrog!
Maybe I wont like FE II. that much! Who knows. :D We shall see, that what will make it so different.
FE is awesome thats for sure. Yes maybe not for everyone, true!
WH is unfinished, but we know lot of things about it, and I dont see anything special in it. Unit animations or leaderheads? Who cares! Its just a little addition.

aaglo is right, use PMs from now on.

I dont call that bashing, I call it subjective opinion. Since I know the limitations of the editor, I dont expect anything special from your mod....nothing more than these old mods can offer...since you seriously cannot add anything more unique content. Different tech tree, units, wonders etc. and animations [the best part of your mod]...As I said..big deal.

Top Bottom