Farewell Poopsmith

downtown

Crafternoon Delight
...Rick Santorum has ended his campaign today, sparing himself the wrath of the Mitt Romney Deathstar.

Obviously Mitt won the race for good last week...does this give him enough time to start to repair his shattered image with Women and Independent voters? Will Newt or Ron Paul keep trucking along? Does Rick Santorum have a political future? He is pretty young after all...

THOUGHTS? HOW DOES THIS HURT OBAMA POLITICALLY??

useless

Social Justice Rogue
Looks like Romney will have to pick up the slack and become more racist and homophobic.

Will Newt or Ron Paul keep trucking along?

Gingrich: probably. Now that there's only one true conservative (tm) in the race, the vote should consolidate behind him, amirite?

Paul: I doubt there is a sequence of failures profound enough to ever change his mind.

Does Rick Santorum have a political future? He is pretty young after all...

So his last couple of campaigns have ended in him being beaten pretty badly. I don't think that he will be palatable anytime soon.

THOUGHTS? HOW DOES THIS HURT OBAMA POLITICALLY??

Obviously, that's one less person slinging mud at Romney.

Farm Boy

they're all reactions
Looks like Romney will have to pick up the slack and become more racist and homophobic.

Nah, he can stop catering to the worst of the Republican base by trying to minimize the homophobe-gap with Santorum. He'll slide back towards the middle.

illram

Deity
Retired Moderator
So does Romney surgically attach Crazy to his campaign with a Crazy Veep Ticket, or does he aggressively go after moderates with a more generally palatable but nonetheless Christian conservative?

They never would, but something like the all snooze fest ticket of Romney Pawlenty might actually claw away some independent middle of the road voters from Obama.

JollyRoger

Slippin' Jimmy
Supporter
The good news is that pro-Romnery types can now post without threat of ban on conservative forums such as freerepublic.

So his last couple of campaigns have ended in him being beaten pretty badly. I don't think that he will be palatable anytime soon.

He's entered the prized runner-up position in the Republican Party, which means he gets dibs on the 2016/2020 race.

I'll be surprised if he is the VP candidate.

Leonel

Breakfast Connoisseur
I thought Poopsmith was a legit user here on the forums, what the heck?

metatron

unperson
Paul: I doubt there is a sequence of failures profound enough to ever change his mind.

You have to see it from the perspective of Paul's supporters:

A few month ago arguing in favor of a quick withdrawal from Afghanistan was anathema. Now it's the Republican position.
In their view that's Pauls doing, as are many other shifts in the Republican platform over last few years.

If you accept the causal relationship (which is of course very debatable) one could hardly be any more successful as a politician than Paul (in terms of actual policy not in terms of getting elected), especially if you keep in mind the "money" his campaigns typically spend.

He's entered the prized runner-up position in the Republican Party, which means he gets dibs on the 2016/2020 race.

Perhaps. I tend to think that he won't be as viable then as hopefully the GOP will have come out of their tantrum by then.

I'll be surprised if he is the VP candidate.

Agreed. That would be too awkward a marriage.

Ajidica

High Quality Person
Aww, all that is left in the race is Mittens the Kitten and the Gringo along with Cranky Grandpa.

They never would, but something like the all snooze fest ticket of Romney Pawlenty might actually claw away some independent middle of the road voters from Obama.
That might backfire on them as voters become so bored they fall asleep and sleep through election day.

Whiskey_Lord

Deity
One less theocrat we have to worry about for now. This is a big blow to the comedy writers of America, though.

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
Good riddance to bad garbage. But it will make things easier for the Flipper. So that's bad in the long run.

Top Bottom