Fastest UN victory

Insidion

Chieftain
What're some of the fastest UN victories people have gotten?

I just finished a game on noble, elizabeth of england. I'm sure others have destroyed this but i felt pretty good about winning in 1960 with 13,433 points. Was nice when the game said my leadership qualities were like Abe lincoln instead of Dan Quayle or something lol.

-Insidion

there was someone who got 1200 in sgotm3 i belive.

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around those last 2 dates - was the game speed different or something? I always play on normal speed so I have NO concept of what its like on other speeds.

My current game (vanilla/prince/Mansa) I had gold in my capitol and a 3 gold mine city (although almost nothing else in my 3rd) I got into a war with Louis and later Asoka - I felt like I was teching fast and yet, I look up and its already 1500 AD and I'm just passing thru knights/muskets - how the HELL do you get to Mass Media BC or even 750AD?:confused: :confused: :confused:

ok i'm new to the game, so i'm sure there are some really good players, but 750 AD is barely any turns at all not to mention BC (unless the game speed wasn't on normal or something but even then). So, i'll have to say, screen shot or it didn't happen :p

There are some seriously good players around (I'm pretty average myself) so these dates aren't typos. I don't know how they do it either.

different game speeds would make no difference: on marathon there are a ton more turns than on quick but each turn is worth ledd in the years counter and all techs, units, buildings etc. cost more on marathon.

having said that, UN by 550BC is awesome even on settler. the deity time is also fabulous

in january the Hall of Fame gauntlets were aiming for quickest diplo win, and the threads about those have all kinds of tips.

in theory, it's very simple to beeline straight to mass media, the tech path is real straightforward and a lot of it is lightbulbable. you plan the whole thing out right from the start, set up your trade relations from turn one, etc. note these kinds of things aren't what you do in a normal game that turns into a diplomatic win, these things are what the crazy people aiming for quick do *giggle*. my bottom line is, if you win, feel proud, who cares what anybody else's score or time is!

anyway, here are your screenshot equivalents Insidion. the threads are quite informative if you're curious.

settler results

diety results

settings were standard map size, epic speed, and note we could pick our opponents.

in january the Hall of Fame gauntlets were aiming for quickest diplo win, and the threads about those have all kinds of tips.

in theory, it's very simple to beeline straight to mass media, the tech path is real straightforward and a lot of it is lightbulbable. you plan the whole thing out right from the start, set up your trade relations from turn one, etc. note these kinds of things aren't what you do in a normal game that turns into a diplomatic win, these things are what the crazy people aiming for quick do *giggle*. my bottom line is, if you win, feel proud, who cares what anybody else's score or time is!

anyway, here are your screenshot equivalents Insidion. the threads are quite informative if you're curious.

settler results

diety results

settings were standard map size, epic speed, and note we could pick our opponents.

Hey, KMad, where's your Deity score? ;)

Hey, KMad, where's your Deity score? ;)

hahaha i wasn't one of the top finishers in either gauntlet! in fact, i didn't even win my deity attempts. i still try every once in a while, i've gotten so close :wallbash:. it's actually cool because since it's one-city-challenge it only takes a couple hours. it's a fast game compared to my usual "oh my empire has to be so perfect" obsession.

Top Bottom