Favorite Civilization!?

Who is your favorite Civ so far in Civ V?

• America

Votes: 19 3.7%
  • Arabia

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Aztec

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • China

Votes: 65 12.6%
  • Egypt

Votes: 34 6.6%
  • England

Votes: 20 3.9%
  • France

Votes: 46 8.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 26 5.0%
  • Greece

Votes: 68 13.2%
  • India

Votes: 6 1.2%
  • Iroquois

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Japan

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • Ottoman

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Persia

Votes: 28 5.4%
  • Rome

Votes: 27 5.2%
  • Russia

Votes: 26 5.0%
  • Siam

Votes: 14 2.7%
  • Songhai

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • Babylon

Votes: 30 5.8%

• Total voters
I'm always playing a modded civilization, so I don't really care about the other ones, but I voted for India because they are so weak in battle ^^

But maybe I'll try out Arabic Civ.

My favorite is Arabia since I lean naturally towards empire building. The early game economic advantages with the bazaar is huge and the extra road trade is sweet later as your empire grows. Their UU is also very nice.

My favorite war civ is defenitly Songhai. He makes for a very quick game indeed.

I do like Iroqouis a lot but their UA & UB requires a terrain feature that may not always be plentiful (depending on luck at start). I've really enjoyed them in some games and not so much in others.

There's elements of many I like depending on my mood; England entirely because of Longbowmen. They're basically Artillery, at a point when it's hilariously unfair.

Germany has those Landsknects. I live in terror of the game ruining potential of those. Everyone hits Civil Service and Bismarck goes nuts. Unless he's me, in which case he goes only slightly loopy.

I used to like France for that +2 Culture before Steam, but my love for them has entirely disappeared because of...

SONGHAI! Oh my God these guys are awesome. I get 270 gold for every Barbarian Camp I burn down, and don't pay upkeep on a temple that has +2 extra Culture (screw you France, this +2 is FOREVER!). I'm absolutely minted and powering through culture! Haaaaaaaahahahahahaha!

Anyway....

I also rock China, because the Paper Maker is another obscenely overdone building. I end up with money coming out of my ears yet again (I like expanding a lot) from a building I'll throw up in every city anyway. Chu-Ko-Nu are just an incredibly amusing bonus.

I'll give a tiny bit of notice to the Greeks. That Hellenic League bonus is way more powerful than it looked. You don't even have to bother with Patronage, but if you do, it becomes utterly, utterly, utterly trivial to keep City States. Even early in the game you can have as many as you can find as Allies, simply because their relations with you barely degrade at all.

Haven't tried the Egyptians. I should really, extra happy from Burial Tombs and obscene Wonder spam sounds tasty.

Persia is awesome :D screw the UU and UB (though the UB is useful) the 50% longer golden ages helps so much especially with the chizen Itza (dunno how to spell) chaining GA's and using great generals from barbarian killings (i dont go to war unless i have to or a douche placed a nearby city) to also extend them (i save the GG's until ive made the Itza) i can end up with huge golden ages (longest of golden ages I've had is in the 70's) and gives me so much production and gold.

Peaceful transitions of power should be a civilization's trait...oh wait, there's no civic anarchy.

Played Rome and Greece so far and both seemed very good.

I'm playing France now and it's early culture explosion seems very powerful indeed. Kicked Germany and Rome off the map and took their cities. The culture my 5 cities are generating is staggering.

I can only imagine what a carpet of conquered cities is going to generate.

well the fun and at same moment sad thing that people vote for civilisations which are considered easy-mode and easy-to-win-with ..... i doubt there many votes which based only on flavor/personal favor - look at that china/greek cheeterz ...
ps. voter Iroquois

Suleiman isn't getting much votes, I can tell why.

because people vote for cheater civs.... btw they dont know that army of heal-on-kill rifles or infantries or even later mobile infantries is better than many things....

My favourite Civ is China just because of their history etc (nothing to do with Civ V) 8) but on Civ V its Persia

india.
with proper care. your 6cities can grow as big as they want or CS will let them.
hammer power.

Whats with all the Greece love? lol

Greece is really strong. They have two early Unique Units for the warmongers or just for self defense. And then later on they are really strong at controlling city states. Some like Siam better, but I prefer Greece, Siam seems easy if all you want to do is go diplomatic, Greece is a great all around Civilization, one of the best.

Songhai, because of everything. Great trait, UU and UB. Babylon, France and Rome rocks too.

I've never won with Songhai and I've tried several times. I'm not a warmonger but I can do it, I won by domination once to get the badge, but with Songhai I never seem to be able to carry on after I run out of barbarian huts to kill, maybe on larger maps... I generally play on small.

Get them started in a heavy forested area or plant trees instead of building roads inside your borders.

Trade Route and road movement ability with no gold cost.

That is a win win.

How do you plant trees? That was a staple of my old Alpha Centauri tactics, but I never see a button for it on my workers... The computer never recommends it either. Remember when forests used to grow, I liked that...

For me its the Aztecs, not for any particular reason, just that I had the most memorable games while playing the Aztecs

Montezuma definitely looks the scariest with all the skulls and flames. Songhai I guess is second... I mean he has a burning castle in the background, too bad he never seems to do well as the AI or when I play him. Montezuma is kinda fun, I attacked you to improve my culture, I'm all about culture really. ;-)

People probably aren't voting for India because India isn't strong, they're just annoying. Or at least in my games he is. In one way or another, my expansion is always too large and he denounces me, making his friends denounce me. -_-

Russia with nice looking Katarina
Elizabeth and chines queen never looked better than her

Egypt, because they are the ones I beat my first ever civ game with. That and Egypt is just really cool with pyramids and tombs and mothership landing sites for parasitic aliens...

Top Bottom