• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favorite civilizations to invade?

I don't know why, but in all of my games Polynesia has been easy to invade, quite possibly the very easiest. I'm not saying Polynesia sucks to play as (although I've never played as them) but I love it when Polynesia is my neighbor.

And while I don't say this from much experience, theoretically Egypt would be great to invade. This is because of:

1) all those wonders they probably have
2) gold from burial tombs.

Anyone else find some civilizations more satisfying or easier to invade than others?

Well Egypt is about the only obvious one - wonders, tombs and a preference for spamming their super weak chariots. I don't think there is any other civ that screams to be invaded apart from them.
Only some that are actually harder to invade than others. Babylon with early super walls and super archers. England with longbowmen :queen:. Siam with their strong elephants. Japan :ninja: - as Samurai are so strong and the UA causing you to lose units/take more dmg then usually slowing you down a lot. Maybe China too, as Crossbows (Chu-Ko-Nu's even more so) coupled with a much better GG are super nasty.

I should clarify, I like invading Aztecs/China for gameplay/historical reasons. Montezuma in particular, I have a long running grudge with for a long time. My first big Civ3 game was against him as well. lol. I think poly archives still have my post asking for advice.

And because if either start near me, they are bound to DoW as they will want to use their early UUs, allowing me to expand without having to DoW and incur the associated penalties (i do still get penalized for expanding however).

I like to invade Russia if she is next to me right away. It seems like that lusty wench is always prepared to stab you in the back no matter what. I also seem to have an easy time with Rome too.

The one I find most dangerous unchecked is Persia. I am in the middle of a King game right now and trailing him by like 500 points. He's way ahead in everything and got off to a very fast start. Unfortunately it looks like I am fighting a loosing battle. I personally think Darius seems to be the most dangerous adversary.

I like to invade Russia if she is next to me right away. It seems like that lusty wench is always prepared to stab you in the back no matter what. I also seem to have an easy time with Rome too.

The one I find most dangerous unchecked is Persia. I am in the middle of a King game right now and trailing him by like 500 points. He's way ahead in everything and got off to a very fast start. Unfortunately it looks like I am fighting a loosing battle. I personally think Darius seems to be the most dangerous adversary.

I agree, even on Immortal while Russia Spams cities everywhere, I always watch out for Persia because while it spreads everywhere it retains a duel threat in its wealth, science, and culture every game. I always feel like its the most dangerous civ for an AI to have, so I prefer to take them out.

I always invade India and the Iroquois whenever I get the chance because they tend to grow like a cancerous tumor throughout the game.

any of them, really. i rarely warmonger but when i do it is satisfying to see leaders squirm or rage about it.

Egypt is clearly the best civ to conquer, amongst with other civs that favor tall cities.

Egypt is clearly the best civ to conquer, amongst with other civs that favor tall cities.

yeah, but what's your favorite? best are the wonder producers, sure, but 'favorite' is not always the 'best'. even though i said 'any' for my response, really it's germany. i have a hard time beating them when they spawn near me so when i do it is more satisfying.

Well Egypt is about the only obvious one - wonders, tombs and a preference for spamming their super weak chariots. I don't think there is any other civ that screams to be invaded apart from them.
Only some that are actually harder to invade than others. Babylon with early super walls and super archers. England with longbowmen :queen:. Siam with their strong elephants. Japan :ninja: - as Samurai are so strong and the UA causing you to lose units/take more dmg then usually slowing you down a lot. Maybe China too, as Crossbows (Chu-Ko-Nu's even more so) coupled with a much better GG are super nasty.

Yeah while he is building all the wonders I am building a army haha

He olso seems pretty neutral never want open borders so I don't lose a trading partner I usally get on his bad side imediatly

Alex, Monty, and Wu are by far my favorite ones to invade.

I might be the only one, but it breaks my heart when I have to conquer Gandhi for a domination victory. Something about it just... makes me sad to see him go. (Provided he didn't try to kill me first)

I'd love to roll on Iroquois and kill them before they reach renaissance. They are such overpowered thing on all play through I have been playing.

I'll chip in on this one!

It really brings a tear of joy to my eye to see people hate Montezuma as much as I do. I've actually hang picked civs in one game now just to prevent him from being my direct neighbor. The only one worse is Hiawatha!

Aside from the early rushers, the AI for Rome is always a pain because he just wants to declare war and doesn't seem to ever have much to back it up with. Although some people say Gandhi is bad, I guess I've just lucked out and never seen him get big!

I would say it's a tie between Darius and Pachacuti for the biggest "pain in the butt" large empires. I know I've done a couple slug matches against the Incas now.

Great thread! Keep on killing those Aztecs!

I'll chip in on this one!

It really brings a tear of joy to my eye to see people hate Montezuma as much as I do. I've actually hang picked civs in one game now just to prevent him from being my direct neighbor. The only one worse is Hiawatha!

Aside from the early rushers, the AI for Rome is always a pain because he just wants to declare war and doesn't seem to ever have much to back it up with. Although some people say Gandhi is bad, I guess I've just lucked out and never seen him get big!

I would say it's a tie between Darius and Pachacuti for the biggest "pain in the butt" large empires. I know I've done a couple slug matches against the Incas now.

Great thread! Keep on killing those Aztecs!

I rather have montezuma then that stupid college boy alexander allways greatings I am alexander
denounced guarded
DOW
defend
DOW

I like to invade the Civs that are the biggest threats later in the game. Since I usually play Egypt, I like to invade the early trouble causers like Greece and Aztecs, but my favorite overall is Siam because they are always difficult to deal with in the late game.

Top Bottom