Favorite Map

So far, Balanced, Duel, with 18 civs, Conquest only, is too much fun.

Also like 6 Custom Continents.

Duelingground said:
So far, Balanced, Duel, with 18 civs, Conquest only, is too much fun.

Do you war for FUN? Are you a Civver? No, You should be a gammer. Nothing more than that.

I always play conquest or diplomacy as my only two victory options (one world government at the end through either negotiation or war without the space race or cultural victory to muck things up) and so far, archiepegalos (not the many tiny islands option) is my favourite although panagea can be good fun too.

diet_punk_rock said:
Whats your favorite map?

Large, continents, temperate -- in short, as realistic as possible.

That's my favourite. I play other maps too. And I'm getting quite fond of Raging Barbarians, they make the early game super intense and really add a sense that you are spreading civilisation, not just merely settling empty lands!

I prefer Continents and Terra. Terra is usually a bit tougher, and things are more crammed, and leads to earlier war.
I used to play Tiny maps. Now I play Standard.

calyth said:
I prefer Continents and Terra. Terra is usually a bit tougher, and things are more crammed, and leads to earlier war.
I used to play Tiny maps. Now I play Standard.

Terra is way too easy since AI doesn't really seem to know that they should push for the "new world".

Balanced duel map with 18 civs is crazy. Resource in nearly every tile by the end of the game :D

calyth said:

Ooh, I love the Terra concept -- however, I find the AI tends to suck at settling the New World, which to me sort of defeats the purpose. Maybe in MP...

EDIT: damn, I type too slow.

I usually prefer to play on custom continents with 3-6 continents, temperate climate, high sea level, standard sized map, 15 AI players, all victory conditions enabled, permanent alliances enabled...
Guess I'll try it with raging barbs on - sounds fun...

My favorites are Terra, Islands, and I recently played on a Great Plains map which I must say is a lot of fun! On Great Plains maps you really have to choose your Friends carefully, because you are land locked and might need open boarders to conduct wars, plus using your neighbors as buffers is a great defensive strategy...:cool:

Highland maps with mountain ridges are good fun, due to the large number of choke points. If you place your cities right, the only way enemies can attack you will be through 1 square breaks in the the ridges. And with choke points a reality on those maps, fort actually become useful. :)

I also like tiny island maps.

I like Pangaea, as I have yet to master sea crossings.

Altough Terra was quite fun.

Terra is way too easy since AI doesn't really seem to know that they should push for the "new world".

I've noticed that too, at least at the Noble level that I play. Therefore, if I can survive long enough to get astronomy victory is pretty much assured.

Top Bottom