Favorite tech in game?

CivNoobie

King
post your favorite tech of the game and the quote.

For example, mine would be
Spoiler :
rocketry: The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot eternally live in a cradle-Konstantin E. Tsiolkovsky

Libaralism because in 3.19 that means you won the game. Spend a few hours mindlessly spamming curaissers for victory

Fission

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky. That would be like the splendor of the mighty one. I have become death the shatterer of worlds.

-J Robert Oppenheimer quoting the Bhagavad Gita

Can't get better than Satellite;

Beep…Beep…Beep…Beep…-Sputnik

Currency

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it.
- Publius Syrius

Corporation - "An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility."

I like that quote for Corporation. So true as well :(

Many good quotes in the game actually.

Many are more inspiring, but none seem quite so apropos as Gunpowder
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." --Al Capone

As for actual favourite tech, it would have to be Alphabet [one of the more inspiring quotes, but somehow Al's seems better suited to winning the game]

"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our word." --The Buddha

This LP was made by a guy who looooves the tech quotes :lol:

Ha..I watched one of his vids some time ago. That guy is really bad at the game, but thinks he is good.

This LP was made by a guy who looooves the tech quotes :lol:

"Removed Videolink"

Hmm, interesting playthrough :king:

My favorite quote is from Civ3:
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win" - Sun Tzu

I think this quote came with the completion of some kind of espionage wonder/Project, but I'm unsure.

Edit: Removed videolink

Lots of great quotes. Gunpowder and Corp have already been mentioned, but this is another one of my favorites:

"The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy."

My favorite quote is from Civ3:
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win" - Sun Tzu

I think this quote came with the completion of some kind of espionage wonder/Project, but I'm unsure.
I don't think espionage existed in Civ3, and if it did it wasn't until late game. I think the quote is from completion of the wonder "Sun Tzu's Art of War" which gave a free barracks in every city.

That quote is in Civ 4 too, i believe it's the one for MT.

Steam Power - "You would make a ship sail against the winds and currents by lighting a bon-fire under her deck? I have no time for such nonsense." - Napoleon

Favorite Tech:
Military Tradition
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win -Sun Tzu
Favorite quote:
Anyone who would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both -Ben Franklin

Top Bottom