• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favourite Whiskey

Favourite Whisky

• Total voters
Crown Royal
Wisers Deluxe
Canadian Club

I can taste the goodness just thinking about it!

voted bourbon for everyday use.
its quick and rather painless ;)

if im in a leisurely mood, ill go with a blended one:
Jameson, Tullmore Dew are a few to be found locally.

for home entertainment ill use single malts or well aged blended.
currently at home:

Laphroaig 10 year old, Jhonny black, Seagrams canadian VO.

but ill also have myself a spot of gin too :D

My favourite would have to be Arbeg, particularly the Beastie.

Having said that, I've just got a bottle of Sauternes aged Glenmorangie which, whilst quite sweet, is one of the best I've had in a while.

I'm much more privy to Tequila and Vodka, but when I have to have whiskey it's Jack Daniels every time. In fact, I'm going to have some the second I get home from work.

Crown Royal for me, with a bit of Mountain Dew in it. Cuss at me all you want, a Royal Dew is a fine drink.

Really? I will have to give it a try. My wife has a thing for the occasional jack and coke. So we buy a bottle about once a month and are due for one. Perhaps I will pick up some Jim Beam Black this time instead to give it a whirl.

Same here, though she goes for rum and coke as well so a bottle of Bacardi is the usual staple here.

''Single Malt Scotch (some small pretentious distillery)'' has to the most ignorant and worst poll option ever:p :p :p

Has you not heard of the likes of Glenmorangie, Laphroaig, Glenlvet, Bowmore and so forth?

(btw I work in a store that sells over 40 different types of whiskys, amongst them many single malts!)

From a UK perspective, squashing all the single malts into one poll option is a)amusing and b)insulting! At least differentiate between highland, speyside and islays!!

I voted bourbon. More specifically, Jim Beam Black Label is the best combination of quality and price out there. At about $18-$19 a bottle, it's significantly better than a lot of bourbons in the $22-$27 dollar range. I'm sure you can find something better if you're willing to spend upwards of of $30, but who wants to do that?

Just to be a pendant, Glenlivet is one word, as is Glenmorangie.

My favourite whiskey would be a difficult choice between Wild Turkey, Jim Beam Rye (if only there was a 101 version of this) or Power's.

Whisky is much a much harder choice, but for now I'll narrow it down to Springbank, Clynelish and Ardbeg. Maybe an almost-over-sherried Glenrothes after a particularly heavy meal.

Edit: and you can't go wrong with Johnny Walker's Black Label for everyday use.

hey! someone else likes Glenrothes:) . my usual though is Glenmorangie. i also prefer red label to black label. my xmas prezzies inevitably include both of these.

hey! someone else likes Glenrothes:) . my usual though is Glenmorangie. i also prefer red label to black label. my xmas prezzies inevitably include both of these.
red over black? :confused:
why, oh why?

is that a taste you aquired when you had little in the way of spending money?

i used to drink that aswell (having worked in lots of weddings, this is the "must have" cheap scotch.
but as soon as i gained some wealth and status where i worked, i went straight for the good stuff.

red is just so very salty to me...

^^^:) . different palates? i've always found black label to be a little too 'nippy' for me. incidentally, while on holiday in greece, my friend costas gets whiskys from a travelling companion of his: expensive and usually limited edition whisky. i get the occassional glass from him and they are incomparable. i wish i could remember even one of their names.:blush:

whiskey make Ralph become very aggressive. Ralph not allowed drink whiskey.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Ralph, is that imaginary Leprechaun still telling you to burn things?

Seriously, Bookers Bourbon is really tasty, albeit a little expensive. If I want to drink bourbon straight, it's Bookers every time. I tend to drink bourbon and Coke mostly, and I usually pick up some Jim Beam for that.

My favourites are Bowmore 12-yr, Lagavulin 16-yr, Glenmorangie Port Finish, and Talisker (and not just because of its name ;)). Bowmore is my usual choice among these, for reasons of expense.

Jack Daniels is isn't whiskey. It's perfume with alcohol. Nah give me a Laphroaig or some good stuff from Connemara and we're talking whiskey :)

Jack Daniels is isn't whiskey. It's perfume with alcohol.

Don't knock it until you get wasted from the scents in your girlfriend's drawer. At least then, you'll smell like a pretty flower instead of the usual stumbling drunk.

Don't knock it until you get wasted from the scents in your girlfriend's drawer. At least then, you'll smell like a pretty flower instead of the usual stumbling drunk.
The thing about Jack Daniels is that it's basically designed for mixing with coke and easy drinking, and thus is rather different from alot of other whiskys.

All whiskeys taste horrible. People just force themselves to like them because they feel manly and/or cool in doing so. It's the same with beer. What you do is, claim to like the most strong and bitter and horrible tasting one, and it seems like you have this cool sophisticated palate because you like things that "pedestrian" people hate. It's all BS. Same with wine and coffee. Basically its the same with everything that I personally don't like.

All whiskeys taste horrible. People just force themselves to like them because they feel manly and/or cool in doing so. It's the same with beer. What you do is, claim to like the most strong and bitter and horrible tasting one, and it seems like you have this cool sophisticated palate because you like things that "pedestrian" people hate. It's all BS. Same with wine and coffee. Basically its the same with everything that I personally don't like.

I still remember my first (big) swallow of whiskey when i was ~17 years old, i took it secretly directly from a bottle my eldest brother received for christmas, it was awesome. (my first taste of coffee or beer were not so nice).

Top Bottom