FBI raids Mar-A-Lago; Known criminal Donald Trump still at large

Will they find smoking gun evidence?

• Total voters
You're overthinking it. It was a hoax in the first place, and any docs like that were planted by the FBI. Also, witchhunt.
it's a credible claim for fbi, though maybe not coming from trump

trusting the fbi is a meme. the only question here is who you trust less, seems for most of you that's trump. fbi misconduct is a bigger threat longterm than trump is, but they don't have as clear a target for personal hatred like trump attracts

it's a credible claim for fbi, though maybe not coming from trump

trusting the fbi is a meme. the only question here is who you trust less, seems for most of you that's trump. fbi misconduct is a bigger threat longterm than trump is, but they don't have as clear a target for personal hatred like trump attracts
Trump has a 60 year career of lying to benefit himself and maim others and there appears to be ample actual evidence that Trump has been lying about the documents ever since he left office. The FBI was in Mar a Lago once and there is no actual evidence that they planted any documents. You seem to be saying that because they have planted evidence in other cases, they must be doing it now. Applying that logic to Trump's truthfulness, would indicate that he is lying about the docs being planted.

He also claimed that he watched them on CCTV, so that would be an easy thing to prove, no?

Hmmm, y'know it's actually an interesting question as to whether Trump is a greater long term threat than FBI misconduct (today, since the next victory changes the future direction for the organization).

If Trump's treason fails, then obviously future FBI will become a greater threat - if only due to opportunity. But if his treason succeeds, I think the greater damage will be his

Hmmm, y'know it's actually an interesting question as to whether Trump is a greater long term threat than FBI misconduct (today, since the next victory changes the future direction for the organization).

If Trump's treason fails, then obviously future FBI will become a greater threat - if only due to opportunity. But if his treason succeeds, I think the greater damage will be his
One should balance the the good work of the FBI against its misdeeds and see what results. How many bad guys "go to jail" versus the number of times they broke the law to get a bad guy. If we did that with Trump, the result would be all one sided in his favor.

The FBI has the advantage of being able to lie more coherently than Trump, but Trump has the advantage of a gullible cult following willing to send their life savings to help a poor billionaire out.

Different eras run by different people as well.

It's not a simple question of whether you trust Trump or the FBI more (though speaking as an anti-cop leftist, if you trust Trump more than anyone you're a sucker). Trump isn't some poor Muslim kid they're putting the frame on. It's more like he's such a naked and egregious criminal that the magical impunity shield normally granted to the rich and powerful by the justice system is straining to work.

You seem to be saying that because they have planted evidence in other cases, they must be doing it now.
nah, i didn't go that far and to clarify "must" is too strong. my priors involve two proven liars basically. i can't have high confidence in either.

It's not a simple question of whether you trust Trump or the FBI more (though speaking as an anti-cop leftist, if you trust Trump more than anyone you're a sucker). Trump isn't some poor Muslim kid they're putting the frame on. It's more like he's such a naked and egregious criminal that the magical impunity shield normally granted to the rich and powerful by the justice system is straining to work.
I mean, yeah, this. He's got every single possible advantage of race, class, power, influence etc and he's such a crook they're still reluctantly pursuing some of his abuses anyway. The FBI being an untrustworthy tool of the powerful is an argument in favour of this stuff being serious and real. Anyone who thinks otherwise is the silliest sort of rube.

It's more like he's such a naked and egregious criminal that the magical impunity shield normally granted to the rich and powerful by the justice system is straining to work.
This is so well phrased, I gotta go fire up the Brought to You By thread.

Do you guys really think a US president would do criminal things? I thought the highest office in the land would be above such dirty behavior...
🤔

Well if we take Richard Nixon's opinion the subject, it's literally impossible for the president to do something criminal.

There's a bit of a political conundrum. If he's prosecuted, it's evidence of the Deep State. If he's not, it's evidence of the Corrupt State. So, the actualizing of an event doesn't actually provide any clarity to the underlying theories.

Do you guys really think a US president would do criminal things?
They do think that, and rightly so. The problem with the demobot infestation on this site is that they do not trouble to think much, they go directly to knowing. Trump is guilty.. the crime is a matter of indifference, evidence is unnecessary, and the sentence, whatever it may be, is too light. Trump is guilty, they know. They call this "rule of law.".

They do think that, and rightly so. The problem with the demobot infestation on this site is that they do not trouble to think much, they go directly to knowing. Trump is guilty.. the crime is a matter of indifference, evidence is unnecessary, and the sentence, whatever it may be, is too light. Trump is guilty, they know. They call this "rule of law.".
Do you think that Trump
  • Took documents he shouldn't have?
  • Refused to return them when asked?
  • Kept classified documents containing US intel secrets?
  • Broke any laws?

The problem with the demobot infestation on this site is that they do not trouble to think much, they go directly to knowing.

What do you know about Hillary Clinton's whereabouts on or about August 23, 1987, September 11, 2012 at 9:40pm Bengazi time, and on July 10 2016 at 4:20am eastern?

Top Bottom