Feature Requests and Discussion

Thanks for the response : ) I'll probbaly just do vanilla MNAI then, I prefer better AI over more features (especially in a game as rich as FFH)

I just went ahead and released a new version of my modmod 20 minutes ago, as I didn't want to bother changing the mod version name I'd already set to match a latter release.

There were some annoyances that almost postponed it though.

I was really excited when I found I could use pUnit.getGroup().pushMoveToMission(iX, iY) in a spell that makes another unit move where I want it to (not teleporting, but using it movement and even attacking if there is an enemy there), but then I found it only seems to work with my own units instead of the AI. (I was wanting to make Vault Wyrms track down and kill anyone who took over a Dragon Horde in order to retrieve their stolen wealth. I also wanted to make dragons in general able to move a short distance from their lairs to attack enemies but then always go back to guard them again instead of wandering around destroying empires.)

I really think that we need to be able to use python to check on more of the tags in a unit's info. The one I wanted to use the most was CvUnitInfo::getPrereqAlignment()

I'd also like to check some tags in improvement info, such as CvImprovementInfo::isRequiresPeak()

Why it is that <FeatureUpgrade> has to remove the improvement when it creates the feature? I'd find it much more useful if it didn't.

I went to the effort of finding/editing custom art for popup/images as well as icons for every species of dragon, and then was disappointed to find the images disappeared from the pedia when I made the units only spawn from lairs and not be able to be built in cities.

Why does having a cost of -1 make the popup images not appear in the pedia?

Could you make the pedia entry for improvements that spawn units include a link to the unit's pedia entry instead of just the name of the unit spawned? I found it very annoying to go back and forth between the improvement and unit categories in the pedia manually.

Could improvements be given a PyPerTurn effect? I've long wanted to be able to make certain python effects trigger each turn for an improvement but not thought it was worth the effort of cycling through the whole map in python.

Top Bottom