FF, how to get them after refusing at first?

Shurdus

Am I Napoleon?
Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything with this boards' search function.

Anyway, after refusing a FF at first, it turns out that the Spanish took Peter Minuit one turn before I could. Now I want to get another FF that I refused at firsy while racing for Minuit. Wherever I click, the FF now does not want to join any more. No other faction has him yet, so that is not it. I simply do not know where to click.

There is nothing to click.
Once refused you will be not offeren th FF again and can not get him.
I think its by design.

Yep. If in one specific turn, you get enough bells to choose between 2 or more different founding fathers and you want the FF that is prompted last, you have to click the first ones away and you can never choose them again...

FAIL!

Ah ok, I thought you could get them later on anyway. thnx for the quick replies!

The civilopedia states that the founding fathers page is where you can have them join you even after you refuse them the first time. I call bug/sloppiness.

If you refuse a FF, does that mean you always get a chance at the next available one you are eligible for?

However refusing a FF kind of leaves a 'road block' behind you. ie the next civ to get that many points will take it and deplete his points so he is back to square one. I don't think they ever turn them down?

However refusing a FF kind of leaves a 'road block' behind you. ie the next civ to get that many points will take it and deplete his points so he is back to square one. I don't think they ever turn them down?

Furthermore, the game information says that if you turn down a FF, it will never be offered to you again. In that particular game, of course.

So who's right about this? :p
The civilopedia states that the founding fathers page is where you can have them join you even after you refuse them the first time. I call bug/sloppiness.
Öjevind Lång;7328731 said:
Furthermore, the game information says that if you turn down a FF, it will never be offered to you again. In that particular game, of course.

So who's right about this? :p

This is a direct quotation from page 53 of the manual: "You can refuse a Founding Father if you would like to pursue a later one, leaving your points intact. If you do so, that Father will never offer to join you again." Not that that is necessarily true; lots of the information in the manual and the Civilipoedia is confused or simply bad.

Given the lack of ability to actually select a bypassed FF I would say the manual is correct. I am not sure the exact wording of the 'pedia is that Spur is referring to so I cannot speak to that.

Top Bottom