FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

Hello, After allowing python exception popups, I started the game again under the d patch. Everything went smooth. Reinstalled the e patch and got the follow:
Failed to load python module Custom_Continents.
After clicking ok, the next window was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in?
Import error: No module named Custom_Continents.
This then repeated 5 times for: Continents, Balanced, Archipelago, Tectonics and Smartmap.
After clearing all these popups, the game stopped responding (the music is still playing if I go back to it :D

Hello, Let me start by saying FfH2 is a Great Mod! I am currently in a 3 player pbem. I have had no problems with playing through several updates of .016 and up to the d patch on 2021. After installing the e patch, I began to have slow response on unit moves, when my scout hit a village, I received a tech and all the scores reset to zeros (I was told by the next player that the scores came back after he took his turn). And now, when I try to exit the game, I get a Runtime error. I tried installing the f patch, but with the same results. I tried reinstalling the d patch back over the top and everything went back to working great (even though the saved game I loaded was saved under the e patch). I saw in your readme to allow python popups, so here goes...

Hello, Let me start by saying FfH2 is a Great Mod! I am currently in a 3 player pbem. I have had no problems with playing through several updates of .016 and up to the d patch on 2021. After installing the e patch, I began to have slow response on unit moves, when my scout hit a village, I received a tech and all the scores reset to zeros (I was told by the next player that the scores came back after he took his turn). And now, when I try to exit the game, I get a Runtime error. I tried installing the f patch, but with the same results. I tried reinstalling the d patch back over the top and everything went back to working great (even though the saved game I loaded was saved under the e patch). I saw in your readme to allow python popups, so here goes...
which patch was everyone else using?

We had all just updated to the e patch when my problems began...

Im not really sure how the pbem system works. From your result it sounds like it isn't very patch friendly.

What if the Barbarian trait were changed so that it allowed civs to negotiate with barbarians the same way as with other civs. You could then agree to open borders so that they can attack you enemies, and then cancel the agreement if they are getting to close to your friends. You could trade some resources and techs to make them more dangerous to your foes. It would also be nice if you could help them decide just which civilization needs to be destroyed first.

I'd rather just let barb Civs have a permanent open border agreement with the barbarians.

But sometimes you don't want those friendly barbs in your borders. You may want to protect a weaker ally from their assault, or you may be afraid they will declare war on you soon.

We have had some minor problems, but overall, it's been a good experience.

Kael, based on your comment, I tried a single player game with the f patch installed and "voila", no errors. Maybe I can talk the guys into sticking with the d patch until the next version comes out. Then, try again :D

Thanks,

Also had no problems with single player game using e patch. fyi.

There are a few places where they are not treated the same as PROMOTION_SUMMONED (where I would think that it would be appropriate):

1) Magic Immune has combat bonus vs. PROMOTION_SUMMONED, but not PROMOTION_SUMMONED2 or PROMOTION_SUMMONED3.
2) CvUnit::isBetterDefenderThan and CvUnit::canScrap do not consider PROMOTION_SUMMONED2 or PROMOTION_SUMMONED3.

There are a few places where they are not treated the same as PROMOTION_SUMMONED (where I would think that it would be appropriate):

1) Magic Immune has combat bonus vs. PROMOTION_SUMMONED, but not PROMOTION_SUMMONED2 or PROMOTION_SUMMONED3.
2) CvUnit::isBetterDefenderThan and CvUnit::canScrap do not consider PROMOTION_SUMMONED2 or PROMOTION_SUMMONED3.

Yeah the current setup only allow me to give a bonus against 1 promotion so i just do summoned (which is good most of the time).

I assume that players wont mind having a summon fall on the sword since he is going to be lost at the begining of their turn anyway, but I dont make that assumption if the unit is going to stay around (since it would be better to let a higher defense unit block and then keep the summon to attack back with).

Not letting player scrap summons is mostly for chaos marauders, since i dont want a player to summon, attack and then scrap them. If the unit has some turns left i dont really worry about it since in that time they could usually move it far enough enough away that it wouldnt matter anyway (its good to be the sheaim).

What if the Barbarian trait were changed so that it allowed civs to negotiate with barbarians the same way as with other civs. You could then agree to open borders so that they can attack you enemies, and then cancel the agreement if they are getting to close to your friends. You could trade some resources and techs to make them more dangerous to your foes. It would also be nice if you could help them decide just which civilization needs to be destroyed first.
This brings up an interesting point. I've always desired more interaction with the Barbs, as long as it was appropriate (e.g., no mention of "golly cups of tea" :p). If they were a 'civ', they would have huge negatives with anyone not of the Bar trait, and there would be a diplo penalty for anyone who is getting high in the score (Bar trait or no). Their personality could be similar to the Doviello - they would commonly focus on the weakest opponent. They could also make demands of their Bar trait 'friends'.

Anyway, just a bit of brainstormin'.

- Niilo

That was pretty much what I was suggesting.

That reminds me, one time I decided to make barbs playable and to give them some starting units (so I wouldn't instantly be defeated). That was one of the strangest games I've ever played. Moving into goody huts still caused some villagers to become hostile, creating barbarian units. However, these were different barbarians; these orc spearmen were indistinguishable from the unit that disturbed the village, with my team color and flag, but they were not under my control. They still attacked me and I them, but it was hard to tell who was winning (although I could still tell the units apart when I selected them, the main map couldn't show me who was who).

I have read it already somewhere in this forum but can`t find it anymore: I have sometimes experienced that the barbarian dragon archeron leaves his city for two or three squares and remains there for the entire game. Aditionally i have also seen two archerons appear on the same tile or in his starting city.
I think both are not intended. Killing two archerons on the same tile especially in a city is nearly impossible.

I am having trouble trying to download the patch. Is there a mirror available, or is the link in this thread the only place to get the patch?

Last night, during a mutliplayer match, I built a Cultist. He started out with Channeling II, Mind I, Body I and Chaos I and Divine. However, he couldn't cast any of the first level Mind, Body and Chaos spells, as they require the Sorcery promotion to be cast. Is this intended? On the screenshot he has Mind II and Chaos II (I think ;P)

Here's the Cultist in action

I think there may be a problem with mud golems not being able to defend. Even though they have 0/2 strength they succumbed to attacking goblins and the combat log showed 100% odds in the goblins favor. Might be tied to them being classified as regular workers in the Civ4Units.xml-file.

Top Bottom