FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

This might be asking for a little too much but if my previous game's WoC is indeed fixable could you bother posting the fixed save Kael? I'd like to finish my game and it was quite close :(. If you don't have the time to do it, I understand. Thanks.

Just go into the Svartalfar cities int he worldbuilder and delete the caravels.

Really interesting Sto. There must be something corrupt about those old ships. I wonder if its just coincidence that its always happening with the svartalfar? Hmm..

Hidden Nationality on the ships from their world spell, perhaps?

Hidden Nationality on the ships from their world spell, perhaps?

I've already made a test with all units without HN , and HN spells disabled . Still WoC .

I've noticed that in the 2 WoC saves , the counter units are in groups with 1 more unit than the cargo ship that would be loaded ... perhaps a track when the group should split .

I've already made a test with all units without HN , and HN spells disabled . Still WoC .

I've noticed that in the 2 WoC saves , the counter units are in groups with 1 more unit than the cargo ship that would be loaded ... perhaps a track when the group should split .

Yeah, it makes me wonder if this little bit of code that firaxis had commented out might fix the issue (if it was enabled).

Code:
	// XXX what to do about groups???
	/*if (getGroup()->getNumUnits() > 1)
	{
		return false;
	}*/

Getting a WoC error.
Got patch k.

Didn't see any work-boats with battlecry promotion.

Attached the Save Game.

This is coming from an Illian Hunter with the Worker AI set. Switching him to his nirmal Explore AI resolves the issue. I will put a fix in 0.31 so that the Ai never switches true "combat" units to worker ai.

I'm the calabim, I have quite a few unholy/demonic units. However, all of these units have the immortal promotion due to me completing that ritual.

I declare war on Einion Logos/Auric Ulvin/Basium.

Basium uses Divine Retribution. some of my demonic units die no big deal (those that don't die don't even take damage).

but they didn't respawn in my capital. Notable units include my Eidolon (vampiric), Saverous, and my Lich (vampiric), all of which had the immortal promotion.

That is because Immortal works by granting the unit a guaranteed Withdrawal check, then having them cast Escape. Bane Divine doesn't damage them by combat, it simply defines them as DEAD. Thus Immortality doesn't enter into the picture (and won't for any kind of death by non-combat)

That is because Immortal works by granting the unit a guaranteed Withdrawal check, then having them cast Escape. Bane Divine doesn't damage them by combat, it simply defines them as DEAD. Thus Immortality doesn't enter into the picture (and won't for any kind of death by non-combat)

This is changed in 0.31 so that anything that does direct damage will trigger the immortal "reborn" function just like combat does.

Speaking of the Immortal promotion, TallJimbo posted here about a bug that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

It seems that if a unit with the Immortal promotion is defeated while defending a city, the entire defending stack is pushed out and the city is lost. A couple of us have experienced this bug and have a discussion about it here.

Further speaking of immortals (but not the promotion)...

The svartalfar are my vassals. I just declared war on a different continent. They sit right beside me.

the svartalfar have somehow managed to build 4+ alkazan the assasins. they keep attacking my units (as futile as they may be). Are they supposed to be getting so many of these units? :p

I mean, yeah, it's good experience for my units, but they don't need experience, as I can get much more from just feeding on my population...

strange thing, the Avatar of Wrath appeared in a distant faction, but I did not lose a single unit, not even a low-end warrior. So, does its implementation changed?

the svartalfar have somehow managed to build 4+ alkazan the assasins. they keep attacking my units (as futile as they may be). Are they supposed to be getting so many of these units? :p
Sure they're not his mirror images?

oh ok... fine for me, so he is alone fighting now? Poor thing :)

edit: when you say enraged, this is when he appears or each turn he is still on earth some units can get the prom? because none of my units have it?

I have a couple of errors: First, you can use the longshore promotion on ships that normally have 0 cargo. This happens if you use the skeleton crew promotion first. As the cargo ability is 1 or higher, it registeres as possible. Second, I once started a game as the Shieam, small oasis map where my scout started on a lair. I had to move him off and then back on to remove it. Couldn't see any more, though.

oh ok... fine for me, so he is alone fighting now? Poor thing :)

edit: when you say enraged, this is when he appears or each turn he is still on earth some units can get the prom? because none of my units have it?

I brought up this problem with AC 90 in post #1836 a month ago and it received no commments/responses, so I thought I was the only one getting it for some reason.

Thank you Pocus for finally letting me know I am not the only one seeing that non-event on AC 90!;)

I think Kael and team would need to setup something akin to support tickets, so that we know if a bug is wad, aknowledged, or non-existing.

I also had no events at AC 100. No Armaggedon, bah!

Top Bottom