FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

We're devolving dangerously into discussion at this point, however the fix is to change bRemovedByCombat XML tag to 1 in the PROMOTION_ENRAGED block. Not exactly intense work.

However, were I to do so for myself that would mean no more MP games.

New Bug: If Mutation gives Heroic Strength or Heroic Defense to a unit, that unit may later be able to upgrade to the second level even without being a Hero. (Solution would be to change requirements to Hero && Heroic Strength I to be able to upgrade)

I agree with 1, makes other features redundant by not working correctly.

I disagree with 2, and like that a mutated unit could promote and get + 2 attack or defense (exclusively, unless you were really lucky and mutated with both) but think its more of a balance issue anyway.

Pagan temples don't provide happiness from incense in multi-player. Have not checked this in single-player.

This is likely due to not having researched Philosphy yet. This needs explaining in game as it is confusing lots of players, in the civilopedia, or reworking somehow (different improvement to access resource discovered at philosophy level?).

Back to topic:
Bug or feature ? : You can't build lumbermills in Ancient forests.
I just flipped an elven City due to culture and can't build them even though I just got human workers.

Feature. I read awhile back that the creators felt that the bonus from Ancient forests was good enough and too overpowered with lumbermills.

A couple of things.

1. i still think it's weird to see mutated workers since they have no power to add 20% defence too LOL

Second sometimes ive been getting mutated warriors or freaks with no mutation it says mutated but they have no extra skills. does this mean they are just weird looking like having cocker spanial ears or a elephant nose

If you use advanced starts and cheat by interring worldbuilder before starting your first real turn then the Dwarven vaults don't change based on how much gold you have. Of course, this is a very minor issue. (I was only cheating that much, that early to test my new version of the Khazad World Spell)

boar riders don't seem to be properly avaliable. The tooltip states they can be built with the archery tech (wtf?), but with the archery tech, horseback riding and piggies, they are still unbuildable.

boar riders don't seem to be properly avaliable. The tooltip states they can be built with the archery tech (wtf?), but with the archery tech, horseback riding and piggies, they are still unbuildable.

I believe the problem here is that they upgrade to chariots, which are available with a lower tech. With the right weapons promotions the chariots are stronger, but before I have mithril I usually prefer the Boar riders. if If you don't have horses or if you change <bNeverObsolete>0</bNeverObsolete> to <bNeverObsolete>1</bNeverObsolete> for Boar riders in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file then you should be able to build them. (I haven't tested this in .30, but I noticed and addressed the problem in .25)

"Hello again. I'm playing a game right now where the armageddon counter increased by 100 in one turn and triggered all the events.

And it's quite odd since The Ashen Veil has not even been founded yet."

****Thats really interesting, since I have a hard time getting the counter to rise above 30 in single player games....how big a map you playing on? how many civs?

Hello again. I'm playing a game right now where the armageddon counter increased by 100 in one turn and triggered all the events.

And it's quite odd since The Ashen Veil has not even been founded yet.

I have all sorts of problems with your mod. I rarely get to finish a game since the game crashes and "stops working" whenever i starts getting exciting.

Wow, I would really like to see what triggered this! I think the most I ever saw the AC raise in one turn was 15-20 points.

Yes, I agree with you last point. While I think .30 is just superb, it is the actual playing of the game I am experiencing problems with. I have at least one CTD every time I play. However, I just restart and it seems to be OK. The crashes are not consistent with a particular event and sending in a save would not make sense. It is annoying, though, and I didn't have these problems with prior versions. I even tried removing everything and installing all the software, mods, patches, etc. and I still have the problem.

Also, I have not been able to finish (except for one Conquest victory that ended early) an Epic or Marathon game simply because of the time it takes between turns later game. It is taking 3-4 minutes. I have the same machine I used for .25 and earlier and had nothing like this in terms of delays between turns.

Hiho, just thought I would mention a minor problem I've noticed, after playing through this Mod 5 or 6 time I'd noticed I'd yet to find or face Nightmares or enemy's using them, so I started up a new game, settled in waited until I got Animal Husbandry and entered the world editor, made one of the tiles near a city a nightmare tile and thought that had fixed it, a few turns later I'd moved the screen view and gone to follow a scout and when I came back I noticed that the tile that used to contain Nightmares now contained cows o_O;

its not a game breaking problem, but I thought I'd point it out, if someone else has already then I'm sorry for waisting your time, take care and thanks for making such a neat Mod ^_^

Hiho, just thought I would mention a minor problem I've noticed, after playing through this Mod 5 or 6 time I'd noticed I'd yet to find or face Nightmares or enemy's using them, so I started up a new game, settled in waited until I got Animal Husbandry and entered the world editor, made one of the tiles near a city a nightmare tile and thought that had fixed it, a few turns later I'd moved the screen view and gone to follow a scout and when I came back I noticed that the tile that used to contain Nightmares now contained cows o_O;

its not a game breaking problem, but I thought I'd point it out, if someone else has already then I'm sorry for waisting your time, take care and thanks for making such a neat Mod ^_^

nightmares exist only on hell terrain, hell terrain only appears when hyborem enters the world, then it starts to spread to surounding tiles based on the alignment of tile owners and the current score of the armaggedon counter, when it hits a tile with a resource it converts it to an equivelent hell resource(nightmares for example).
when the infernals are defeated, the hell terrain begins to retreat, returning the tiles back to a non hell state, converting hell resources back to normal resources.
so if the tile you put the nightmares on wasnt a hell tile, thats why it reverted back. if you have never let the infernals into the world, thats why there are no nightmares.

if thats not the case, then i'm at a loss, unless the armageddon counter hit 40 and the blight pillaged it, if thats even possible...

Playing as hippus... built the "March of the nine kings" wonder. New mounted units do NOT get the +10 experience points as advertised. Patch "F".

I haven't had a problem with March of the Nine Kings. I'm wondering if it is related to being Hippus, I've never had it with them? Maybe some other experience point increase for horsemen is overriding the March wonder impact.

Best wishes,

Breunor

"Hello again. I'm playing a game right now where the armageddon counter increased by 100 in one turn and triggered all the events.

And it's quite odd since The Ashen Veil has not even been founded yet."

****Thats really interesting, since I have a hard time getting the counter to rise above 30 in single player games....how big a map you playing on? how many civs?

This is related to some kind of stack overflow connected with adventurer quests. There have been 2 or 3 reports in this thread of numbers going wild just after certain quest popups. Even if the game hadn't crashed, I doubt you would've seen normal AC100 behavior after this, regardless of what the counter says. Too bad though, because I'm dying to see what really high AC looks like.

I played on a large map with 10 civs & 2 open slots for basium/hyborem. However after loading the latest autosave the armageddon counter was back to normal again.

Rhoanna and I both acquired the civics Public healers and Liberty through the Overcouncil without the respective prereq techs of Medicine and Mercantilism. If not a bug, it is a great exploit assuming you want those civics. ;)

My civ, Malakim, is the only one to show up on the graph of the Info Screen.

Kandros Fir beat me to the Great Library, however, I did not receive any gold for my research time. Intended change or bug?

Attached is a save.

Attachments

• Broken Hawk AD-0203.CivBeyondSwordSave
    205 KB · Views: 50
I thought I posted this already, but I can't find it.

The Shrine of the Champion only seems to give a free promotion to units that don't already get a free promotion. Adepts don't get an extra promotion and if you are aggressive then you don't get a free promotion for melee or mounted units.

I thought I posted this already, but I can't find it.

The Shrine of the Champion only seems to give a free promotion to units that don't already get a free promotion. Adepts don't get an extra promotion and if you are aggressive then you don't get a free promotion for melee or mounted units.

Yeah this is a known issue (#8 on the list actually ;)).

Back
Top Bottom