FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

BUG: According to the combat log, Forts etc. are not working in v30h, is it fixed in the later versions?

By the way... What has happend to patch "l"?

Patch "l" was internal only. It has some "Ice" functionality in it so the team can start playing with it and building specifc ideas for the next phase. the toys I added in for the team to play with will be removed before "m".

the answer :D

BUG: According to the combat log, Forts etc. are not working in v30h, is it fixed in the later versions?

I believe it has been stated that the problem here is just with how the odds and modifiers are displayed, not the actual odds. It would be nice to actually be able to see it working though.

Just a little AI bug, which I know isn't a priority right now, but I've noticed that computer players will often attack my third tier chaos summons (forgot what they're called) when they only have 1 turn left to live. They'll usually do it with a weak unit, thereby giving my chaos monster another turn.

I've noticed that the AI attacks summoned creatures with one turn left in general, which really shouldn't be the case, but it's especially bad with these chaos beasties.

I'm cross-posting from the balance thread, but I think this one qualifies as a bug and it's a nice quick fix.

Xienwolf posted here that Teutorix could be drafted and having checked the XML, he has "Conscription" set to "4" - same as the Arquebus unit.

I attacked Ocells with a Nyxin and got Tor Elithis as well when I won. Doesn't happen if I take the city after the assassins destroy all the boats.

Attachments

• Erwhat.CivBeyondSwordSave
    359.3 KB · Views: 61
The dedicate obelisk event triggered 7 or 8 times in my capital, making the obelisk there have +6 food, +2 gold, + 6 science, and + 2 culture. I think that is a bit excessive.

I built Abashi, the black dragon for the first time and noticed the following 2 bugs:

1. The dragon can get diseased (got it from killing a Diseased Corpse), but the Cure Disease spell doesn't work. So, you are stuck with Disease unless you happen to build Aqua Succellus - I did, and it worked, but that is is fairly specific only option to have.

2. The dragon cannot attack any of the Four Horsemen. This surprised me when I tried to attack Buboes and got the "cannot attack" message. My dragon had a Great Commander attached and 145XP. I tried to give the dragon Courage, but no dice. I still think hero units should be able to overcome Fear no matter what.

I suppose both of these problems come from dragons resisting spells - the good along with the bad. However, in these cases maybe an exception should be made.

Seem K patch have some real problems with Reagents. I playing already 3rd game (Lakes, Big and Small, Big and Small) and no reagents on whole map.
(last time i checked via worldbuilder.)
No reagents at all :(

Kael said:
24. Units that aren't alive won't be effected by fear (like catapults).

This is from the patch m fix list. I'm on patch m, but my catapults know fear. :confused: Wanted to attack Acheron the Dragon with my Catas and they were afraid of attacking him despite high odds...still Saverous took him out :D , but that's another story...

Hi.

I've got a problem in 0.30k. Playing the game as Sheaim on a huge map (Nikis-Knight's one) and I can't end turn 288 (epic) because the "Waiting for other civilisations..." sign stays there forever and the cursor just doesn't change from the whirling globe. Seems like the AI just can't finish its turn and I guess that the this AI are barbs (I see some barb movement and then... nothing). This happened to me second time now :( Is there any way to force the AI's turn to end? Some command?

·Imhotep·;6580287 said:
This is from the patch m fix list. I'm on patch m, but my catapults know fear. :confused: Wanted to attack Acheron the Dragon with my Catas and they were afraid of attacking him despite high odds...still Saverous took him out :D , but that's another story...

I think you are mistaken, sir. Patch m hasn't been released yet.

Seem K patch have some real problems with Reagents. I playing already 3rd game (Lakes, Big and Small, Big and Small) and no reagents on whole map.
(last time i checked via worldbuilder.)
No reagents at all :(

please do a search of the forums. there are a few conversations about this. there are some maps that don't do balanced resources. and for some reason, on those maps, reagents don't show. this has been a long standing problem. it may not actually be a problem with ffh as much as it is with the maps. (the creation.py script works excellently for ffh and has no problem with reagent generation).

It also appears that if in your custom game setting, if you reduce the number of players by one (one less than default) then reagents will be generated on maps that don't balance resources properly.

The problem is that reagents are in the same class as mithril, iron, horses, copper, and gunpowder. That, and the class they're all in doesn't allow for them to be closer than 4 spaces to each other. So basically by the time it gets around to placing reagents, there's no room left on the map.

You can fix it in Civ4BonusInfos.xml by changing BONUS_REAGENTS BonusClassType to another class such as BONUSCLASS_GENERAL (which allows resources of the same class to be as class together as it needs to) or by changing how close together BONUSCLASS_RUSH bonuses are allowed to be together in the Civ4BonusClassInfos.xml.

I think you are mistaken, sir. Patch m hasn't been released yet.

You're right :D , but it's actually from the patch k list, and I have that one for sure :) . So my question remains. Am I just dumb, or shouldn't Catapults be afraid ?

A bit of an odd one. Could use some running down if it's not a keyboard shortcut no one knows about.

I've disabled cycling twice now in multi-player. I think it's happening as a result of belting out text when the lag spike hits from the information updates. It's not a problem that can be fixed in the options screen, unit cycling is still enabled, and it disables build finished cycling as well. Along with having to manually go through everything, I also fail to receive a red light when everyone has been moved. The issue is remedied by a reload of the game, so if it's a glitch, sending in a save game wont help.

I may have found an omission in the Tower of Mastery, if this wasn't done on purpose...

The Tower of Divination only requires four of the five types of divination mana, leaving out Sun Mana. Therefore, it's possible to complete the Tower of Mastery without complete mana mastery (that is, without any Sun Mana).

·Imhotep·;6580948 said:
You're right :D , but it's actually from the patch k list, and I have that one for sure :) . So my question remains. Am I just dumb, or shouldn't Catapults be afraid ?

And trebuchets too (for Khazad) and cannons and dwarven cannons!

Also I am playing patch K and the Khazad can still build rangers even though they are not supposed to be able to do so.

Top Bottom