FfH2 0.30 Bug Thread

I may have found an omission in the Tower of Mastery, if this wasn't done on purpose...

The Tower of Divination only requires four of the five types of divination mana, leaving out Sun Mana. Therefore, it's possible to complete the Tower of Mastery without complete mana mastery (that is, without any Sun Mana).

I think this probably is on purpose. Three of the four missing mana types, Force, Ice, and Creation, are likely to either be linked to each of the other existing types (Necro, Ele, etc), or (more likely, IMO), a fifth type of magic will be created and the existing magic types will be rearranged a bit to compensate, resulting in there being five towers instead of four.

Metamagic is likely to be either unattached to anything, or be a requirement for the Tower of Mastery itself.

Just my random guess, anyway.

child.JPG
Problem with this event
1) Options 2 & 3 give gold AND benefits. Suspect that they should COST money instead.
2) Option 4 speaks of the Overlords, but this city does NOT have that religion present (and obviously isn't my state religion.)
3) Conceptually, I'm not sure why both caring for the children and killing the children give the same results (other than the AC change.) I could certainly understand this better if option 2 required good or neutral alignment, and option 3 required evil or neutral alignment.

View attachment 170903
Problem with this event
1) Options 2 & 3 give gold AND benefits. Suspect that they should COST money instead.
2) Option 4 speaks of the Overlords, but this city does NOT have that religion present (and obviously isn't my state religion.)
3) Conceptually, I'm not sure why both caring for the children and killing the children give the same results (other than the AC change.) I could certainly understand this better if option 2 required good or neutral alignment, and option 3 required evil or neutral alignment.

Fixed (added costs to option 2 and 3 and added the req for the overlords on the last one).

Einon Logos just built The gate for basium without Hyborem in the world. Is this no longer neccessary?

Yes, that's a change from some time back. Now, you can build the Mercurian Gate as long as you have researched Fanaticism.

I think the jury is still out as to whether or not this makes any sense - having Basium and his lot in a game with no Hyborem. ;)

I built Abashi, the black dragon for the first time and noticed the following 2 bugs:

1. The dragon can get diseased (got it from killing a Diseased Corpse), but the Cure Disease spell doesn't work. So, you are stuck with Disease unless you happen to build Aqua Succellus - I did, and it worked, but that is is fairly specific only option to have.

2. The dragon cannot attack any of the Four Horsemen. This surprised me when I tried to attack Buboes and got the "cannot attack" message. My dragon had a Great Commander attached and 145XP. I tried to give the dragon Courage, but no dice. I still think hero units should be able to overcome Fear no matter what.

I suppose both of these problems come from dragons resisting spells - the good along with the bad. However, in these cases maybe an exception should be made.

Just to amend/supplement my own post here...

The AC is now at 86 and I cannot give Abashi Loyalty. Does that mean if he becomes Enraged when the Avatar appears at AC 90, that he could go barbarian?

If so, I think there is a problem, and somehow those dragons need to accept some spells!

I got event from Guild of Nine that offered me to hire Adept with Water 1. I got adept but he didn't have any promotions.

Second:
Traveling enchanter. You can either buy enchanted weapons (Promotion is given out to your unit) or hire Enchanter. If you hire enchanter, the adept is supposed to get Enchantment 1, but popup says that Enchantment 1 will be given to your existing unit instead.

Hi
I have two bugs to report:
1. (major): The Altar of L. is broken (at least at some point)! I had the altar on stage 4 and my new desciple units (confessors) did not get any xp bonus. I remeber that it did work at some point for the acrolytes. But I'm not sure if it was with the stage 4 or 3 altar.

2. (minor): I'm still able to build impromvments on forrests as non elve. When the forrest is on fire when the workers finish you later on have the improvment + burnt forrest (that regrows...)

Just to amend/supplement my own post here...

The AC is now at 86 and I cannot give Abashi Loyalty. Does that mean if he becomes Enraged when the Avatar appears at AC 90, that he could go barbarian?

If so, I think there is a problem, and somehow those dragons need to accept some spells!

Dragons are immune to magic, so they cannot get spells cast on them (though spme spells never check to see if their target is valid so they will work). Although thats a weakness in some situations in general its a very good thing. I kinda like that the magic immune ability comes with a downside.

But I will make dragons immune to fear so you don' have to worry about that anymore.

Hello I have one question.I was install FallFurther mod and I have problem with Great Commander.I recieve exprience points but only when I fight with other civs.Before installation I was recieve EXP on barbs.

Situation now is very bad I never born any GC.I have thousand of EXP points without GC.

Experinece points looks like 23450/100 and nothing happened

Please I need solve this problem.

Before FallFurther I was installed patch J.

I was played as Hippus and Lanun,Maybe I need to reinstall Fall of Further?

That's not a bug. Great Commanders are produced differently in FfH than in BtS. In FfH, Great Commanders act like any other Great Person. You must build wonders/buildings that give Great Commander GP.

It is strange because when I installed FFH Great Commander was available when I kill barbarians and other civs units after installation Fall Further Great Commanders are not available.

So which buildings I need to build to receive Great Commander?

You never get ANYTHING for filling up the Great General bar (which you have now at 23450/100). You can get a Great Commander though by building things such as the National Epic or the Command Post which give you GPP toward Commanders. Then when the city fills the GPP bar, there is a chance that you get a GC

I actually don't understand why things like ships and catapults are designated "not alive". What, are robots controlling them? Have a few planks of wood suddenly developed sentience? Even though the unit model may not show it, I'm pretty sure ships and siege engines require crews for operation. Crews composed of living beings.

I actually don't understand why things like ships and catapults are designated "not alive". What, are robots controlling them? Have a few planks of wood suddenly developed sentience? Even though the unit model may not show it, I'm pretty sure ships and siege engines require crews for operation. Crews composed of living beings.

Yeah, there are 2 ways of going with this. You could either opt to decide that they are living (in which case you have diseased catapults that aren't as good a throwing rocks, cause disease by throwing rocks, and are to scared to throw rocks at dragons, can be used to make a flesh golem, are effected by burning blood, etc) or that they arent living (in which case non of the above apply).

Either way we do some people are going to comment that it doesn't make sense. Im okay with either situation as long as its applied consistently.

So neither option is perfect. In the end we decided to mark them as non-living just because I think thats the most casually inuitive (to people that don't think abotu it to much) although you are correct that ships and catapults also rely on their living parts to function.

If you think about it, there must be a relatively large crew for these, and there's strength and bravery in numbers.

Yeah, there are 2 ways of going with this. You could either opt to decide that they are living (in which case you have diseased catapults that aren't as good a throwing rocks, cause disease by throwing rocks, and are to scared to throw rocks at dragons, can be used to make a flesh golem, are effected by burning blood, etc) or that they arent living (in which case non of the above apply).

Either way we do some people are going to comment that it doesn't make sense. Im okay with either situation as long as its applied consistently.

So neither option is perfect. In the end we decided to mark them as non-living just because I think thats the most casually inuitive (to people that don't think abotu it to much) although you are correct that ships and catapults also rely on their living parts to function.

Would it be possible for ships to become plague carriers, instead of getting diseased? Plague did get transported by ships an awful lot.

Happening again:sad:
Here are two files that cause freeze and drop of game.
/Rankel

Attachments

• VOTE_AD-0240.CivBeyondSwordSave
    533.2 KB · Views: 40
  • VOTE_AD-0243.CivBeyondSwordSave
    536.3 KB · Views: 49
Top Bottom