FfH2 0.33 Bug Thread

The problem with this function is that iValue and iBestValue are both 32-bit integers. It's not difficult to overflow them, and to get unexpected values.

While changing these to type long would likely work, float will definitely work, which is what I chose to do.

Code omitted due to length and the simplicity of the change.

I got a case where kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer == ePlayer (in this case, both were 1), which gives an assert in CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitude.

Call stack:
Spoiler :
Code:
 	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitude(PlayerTypes ePlayer=1, bool bForced=true)  Line 4885 + 0x44	C++
 	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayerAI::AI_getAttitudeWeight(PlayerTypes ePlayer=1)  Line 17500 + 0x11	C++
>	CvGameCoreDLL.dll!CvPlayerAI::AI_eventValue(EventTypes eEvent=380, const EventTriggeredData & kTriggeredData={...})  Line 13142 + 0xf	C++

code in AI_eventValue:
Spoiler :
Code:
		iOtherPlayerAttitudeWeight = AI_getAttitudeWeight(kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer);

I don't know the event logic very well (yet), so I'm not certain if kTriggeredData.m_eOtherPlayer == ePlayer is invalid, or if it should be just handled differently in CvPlayerAI::AI_eventValue

The problem with this function is that iValue and iBestValue are both 32-bit integers. It's not difficult to overflow them, and to get unexpected values.

While changing these to type long would likely work, float will definitely work, which is what I chose to do.

Code omitted due to length and the simplicity of the change.

I don't know, a 32 bit int is pretty big.

Hey, had a few issues pop up in my last game and didn't see them in the known issues post.

1. Had the angelic procession event take place in my territory. Both options said they would cause -3 to the armageddon counter, but I could only use the first one (playing as Khazad). After clicking it the AC did not diminish. If it diminshes as soon as the event pops up and without me making a choice (since both options had the same effect on the AC no matter what) then I must have just missed it, but if thats the case, it is still confusing.

2. Joined the Overcouncil after at least one other player was already in it (probably by themselves). For the next 50-70 turns or so no Overcouncil voting resolutions ever came up. I still got the relations boost from being a member, but we never voted on anything.

3. Hannah the Irin intrigued me so much with her threats I quit the game, deleted Civ4, and destroyed my computer. Posting this from the library now before I go to live out my days as a cave hermit in Canada, contemplating the void, nothingness, and nonexistence.

Do I need to post a save game file or something?

playing as Lanun, it seems that the barbarians seem to able to move into the same sqaure as my beastmasters... odd.. I then have to move out of this square and back into it to attack them.. is this normal??

Also, while exploring the world with the Black Wind (hidden Nationality) and Guybrush on board (not hidden) I was allowed to enter other players borders (without open borders signed) and unload Guybrush into their land. He could move freely around but if he moved out he then couldnt re enter... odd.

2. Joined the Overcouncil after at least one other player was already in it (probably by themselves). For the next 50-70 turns or so no Overcouncil voting resolutions ever came up. I still got the relations boost from being a member, but we never voted on anything.
You need 3 members for votes to start occurring.

Dogfax said:
playing as Lanun, it seems that the barbarians seem to able to move into the same sqaure as my beastmasters... odd.. I then have to move out of this square and back into it to attack them.. is this normal??
You have built the Nox Noctis. This makes all units in your territory invisible.

no Ididnt build it but now you say that I may have just captured it!! silly me! sorry :blush:

AI is able to upgrade units improperly (westamastaflash - Post 713)
Cited example is an AV Perpentarch with Stygian Guards who has never been OO during the course of the game
Hippus Ranch is not granting Horselord to the AI, but works fine for the player (shrike2005 - Post 801)

About these, AV perp can build a zealot and upgrade it if he is in a PA with a OO civ(or just a rival OO civ, But I am not certain on that).
And Hippus scouts upgrading to horseman do not get horselord.

I suggest adding a "raw AC" display in 0.34, like a small number in red fonts ( easily noticed) somewhere on the main UI. that way one can clearly tell if any change to the AC has been correctly applied, something that the "AC percentage" doesn't do.

[to_xp]Gekko;7268371 said:
I suggest adding a "raw AC" display in 0.34, like a small number in red fonts ( easily noticed) somewhere on the main UI. that way one can clearly tell if any change to the AC has been correctly applied, something that the "AC percentage" doesn't do.

If you mouseover the ac counter in 0.34 it displays the true values and the percentage so everyone can see how its generated.

You need 3 members for votes to start occurring.

Well in another game it was just me and the Hippus in the council and I was allowed to vote for all kinds of things. In the particular game I'm citing above there were six council members including myself.

I have tried to populate what looks like a barbarian island, but on the next turn the game hangs and I have to ctrl-alt-del or (ugh) reboot.

Looking for a workaround, I've tried to take two different barb cities there on the island, and when that didn't help, I used the world builder to delete the barb city and dropped a settler->city in its place. Each time ended in the hang.

Save attached. Look for Valin Phaneul, he is on the island. :)

Attachments

• JDR AD-0418.CivBeyondSwordSave
    377 KB · Views: 47
I have tried to populate what looks like a barbarian island, but on the next turn the game hangs and I have to ctrl-alt-del or (ugh) reboot.

Looking for a workaround, I've tried to take two different barb cities there on the island, and when that didn't help, I used the world builder to delete the barb city and dropped a settler->city in its place. Each time ended in the hang.

Save attached. Look for Valin Phaneul, he is on the island. :)

Settled, ended turn, next turn was fine. Ended turn again, and then it hung while waiting for computers.

Yes, I was mistaken. It hangs on the second turn after a city is founded/taken, turn 419. I haven't tested if the hang will happen if I don't settle on that island. I've rebooted 5 times already and have had enough for now. :p

In CvPlayer::acquireCity there is a bit of a flaw in the approach to tracking base Civilization of a city for Tolerant Leaders.

The function checks what the CivilizationType of the city being converted is, but since the original owner is not an Assimilation Leader, it will always return that person's Civ type. A seperate function is thus required which will ALWAYS show the base (original owner) Civilization type for this function to call on when converting the city.

This would help to avoid the issue of being able to gift a city to another Civ and immediately Declare War and capture it for an easy shot at their UU/UB setup.

In CvPlayer::acquireCity there is a bit of a flaw in the approach to tracking base Civilization of a city for Tolerant Leaders.

The function checks what the CivilizationType of the city being converted is, but since the original owner is not an Assimilation Leader, it will always return that person's Civ type. A seperate function is thus required which will ALWAYS show the base (original owner) Civilization type for this function to call on when converting the city.

This would help to avoid the issue of being able to gift a city to another Civ and immediately Declare War and capture it for an easy shot at their UU/UB setup.

Yeah, this is already in 0.34 as getTrueCivilizationType() so we can retain the origional founder.

He's at it again folks! Nothing to do but guard those precious Goody Huts!;)

The funny thing is that I sent an HN Griffon and perched it on a nearby mountain peak to keep an eye on Orthus.

Along came a Clan Warrior and swiped the Goody Hut from under him. He was on the move...

I followed Orthus as he was pretty close to my civ. Anyone care to guess where he went?

He is now buried in Acheron's pile. I don't think he fought one unit. What a hero!

I think I read that the 'behavior' of the Four Horsemen will change in .34.

What about Orthus?

PS. This was from a FF game, but I see this with Orthus in FFH2 as well.

I was playing as an Amurite and I had the unit that can train others. Well I was surprised to find he could train practically everyone to create skeletons. I had no Death Mana, but could do it anyway. It got to the point where probably 60%+ of my troops could create skeletons. It was like having a poor man's fireball.

I don't think this was intended way of it. Shouldn't these upgrades only affect spellcasters?

I was playing as an Amurite and I had the unit that can train others. Well I was surprised to find he could train practically everyone to create skeletons. I had no Death Mana, but could do it anyway. It got to the point where probably 60%+ of my troops could create skeletons. It was like having a poor man's fireball.

I don't think this was intended way of it. Shouldn't these upgrades only affect spellcasters?

No.

Govannon is philosophically opposed to the idea that magic should be limited to a small group of elites who have been chosen to receive training at the Mage Guilds. He prefers to train the poor to use magic to help them out of poverty. If anything, he should be unable to train arcane units. The most logical pupils for Govannon are workers.

That said, I do think it would be a good idea to require you actually still have the appropriate mana in order for him to train units, or to make casting the spells require the proper mana.

I also think that the spheres he can train should be reworked. From the lore, it seems like he should teach mostly Enchantment, Body, and Spirit magic, not necromancy. I'd rather he be able to train all spheres, or make it so that his training is a passive effect where you can't control what he teaches to whom. Lorewise, he doesn't like people telling him whom he can or cannot teach. Thats why he won't just accept a position as an archmage in the Mage Guild and become a leader in the Magical Aristicracy that runs the nation. He thinks that it is not power that corrupts, but, hoarding power for oneself that corrupts, so he share forbidden knowledge to everyone.

Top Bottom