FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

What is does, it works out which of a player's units it is. As in, this is the player's 5th unit.

Adding the +1 just alters the range which is checked. It checks 1 extra unit. I am thinking that the pPlayer.getNumUnits() thing must actually return a number 1 fewer than the number of units? Like, if I have 5 units numbered 0-4, the function returns 4?
Your change does not fix the problem. The problem is trying to use CyPlayer.getNumUnits() to loop through all the units. That is not it's purpose.

Example:
Suppose you have four units. They are unit 0, 1, 2 and 3. CyPlayer.getNumUnits() return 4 and the loop goes from 0 to 3. All fine and well.
Then something happends. Unit 2 dies. What are the unit IDs now? 0, 1 and 3. But getNumUnits return 3 (since we have three units) so the loop goes from 0 to 2, completly missing the unit with ID 3. With your edit you will catch this case... but what about if unit 1 die? Now their IDs are 0 and 3. getNumUnits return 2. Broken again.

That is why getNumUnits can't be used to loop through all of a players units (the same applies to cities but does not apply to units on a plot). Use CyPlayer.firstUnit(bool bRev) and CyPlayer.nextUnit(int iterIn, bool bRev), or use the function in PyHelpers.py to do it for you.

Thought the wiki said that...I guessed it was some new feature after a few months of non-FFHing.
Would make sense if it was needed to upgrade like Iron and Mithril though :)

i thought you need a forge for iron, and a weaponsmith for mithril?

i thought you need a forge for iron, and a weaponsmith for mithril?

Nope, not in FFH. Hasn't been for several versions. It's like that in vanilla Civ though, forge for copper and something for iron, IIRC.

Erm.. in my current Ljos game (.034 patch h), state rel = FoL, one of my priest of leaves doesn't have any religion.

Quite annying since that disables one of his spells (cant remember which ATM).

So.. bug or weird feature ??

I guessing someone else may have already mentioned this, but I'll put it up just in case. The Kuriotates cannot choose between building settlements or cities in hotseat mode (at least as part of a team) the way they can in single player. I thought I would mention it, as it severely limits their playability.

Ok, I have had several bugs in my current game.(normal speed, standard size, prince difficulty, no modmods)

Loki and Acheron were red blobs

Adventurer Father Joun was a Black blob as an adventurer, ok as an axeman, a black blob as a champion and fine as an eidolon

my cities are fuzzy green and when i built a dungeon, the dungeon was a red blob

the game crashes whenever i try to open world builder

the game crashes whenever i successfully trade a map

attached is a save game for reference

Attachments

• Auric Ulvin AD-0355.CivBeyondSwordSave
    948.3 KB · Views: 46
  • fuzzy cities0000.JPG
    fuzzy cities0000.JPG
    303.8 KB · Views: 122
I'm sure this has been posted before, but I've done a google search, searched throughout the frequently asked questions, and no ones figured it out.

I want to play ffh 2 034, and everything works fine until the game is about too start. I go to custom games or play now, but the same result happens. When it says 'init graphics', seconds before the gameplay arrives, the game just crashes. What do I do?

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I've done a google search, searched throughout the frequently asked questions, and no ones figured it out.

I want to play ffh 2 034, and everything works fine until the game is about too start. I go to custom games or play now, but the same result happens. When it says 'init graphics', seconds before the gameplay arrives, the game just crashes. What do I do?

I had that aswell, dunno if it's the same error but for me it was the intro movie that crashed my game .Lemme see if I can find the fix-thread...Oh yeah it says something about "binkw32.dll" in the error message.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6848870&postcount=2

MEMORY ALLOCATION FAILURE

0.34H - Huge game, 12 civs, Deity level - Great Lakes map

Dual Core - Windows XP - 4 Gigs of RAM - video card 512 Mb

if I do more than one turn without saving, exiting, reloading, I get it. Otherwise I can advance turn after turn doing this manipulation. It is a bit boring!!

Attachments

• Ethne the White.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
To Black Attila - it`s looks like you have barbarian or Cuali city graphic, didn`t you play Fall Further earlier or change something with graphic files? Or maybe you loaded FF patch on FFH?
I had black blob on one of my champions once, and it was when I played as Ilians, so it could be the same problem here.

Genesis turns Desert/Flood Plains into Plains/Flood Plains netting them 4 food without improvements. Maybe intended but it's pretty damn powerful if you got lots of Flood Plains. Scrubs stay on plains, contrary to when you use the Water magic spell.

To Black Attila - it`s looks like you have barbarian or Cuali city graphic, didn`t you play Fall Further earlier or change something with graphic files? Or maybe you loaded FF patch on FFH?
I had black blob on one of my champions once, and it was when I played as Ilians, so it could be the same problem here.

I have never downloaded Fall Further or any other modmod, the only thing I have done is to use Sureshot's XML improvements that enable you to build improvements on tiles without resources. But that should have no effect on city or unit graphics. i did try loading my game on my old computer and after a long wait for it to load i got the same thing, bad city graphics, loki red blob and crashes if i go into world builder or trade maps.

Another thing I forgot from last night was I built the celestial compass and it had no effect on any of the illian rituals, it halved the rites of oghma so it was working, just not on any of my illian rituals.

Shouldn't the Seven Pines peace last 10 turns just like a treaty peace agreement? It isn't so much of a peace if it only lasts until the end of the turn.

Bug: As far as I can tell, the Celestial Compass doesn't give a production bonus to any ritual.

Possible Balance Issue: The team limit of 3 for liches doesn't seem to scale with map size.

Possible Balance Issue: The team limit of 3 for liches doesn't seem to scale with map size.

Its a player limit of 4, and neither it nor any other national limits are scaled by map size.

Paying maintenance for fireballs? I guess they die at end of turn but it's still kinda funny.

Yeah, it seems like maintenance is 'charged' for many things that don't make sense.

For example, I get charged maintenance when a Treasure Chest pops up far, far away. Also, I think you get charged maintenance when you pop a special item (Timor's Mask, Rod of Winds, etc.) from a lair/dungeon.

Top Bottom