FfH2 Bug Thread

Bonjour à tous, je ne suis pas si quelqu'un verra ce message un jour :) mais j'ai besoin d'aide! J'ai joué à FFH2 étant plus jeune et j'aimerai me relancer (un si bon mod !!). Mais pour cela, il faut l'installer et j'ai de petits soucis.
Lorsque je me dirige vers le site de téléchargement de Kael (un IMMENSE merci à lui) https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/fall-from-heaven-ii.1/ , je ne peux pas télécharger certains éléments :( Peut-être est-ce du à mon installation antérieure
de Civ IV ou de Au-delà de l'épée (j'ai le CD pour les deux et je suis sous Windows 10). Merci d'avance si quelqu'un répond à ce message, bon jeu à tous;)
Gandalf Le Blanc

Moderator Action: Translation: Hello everyone, I'm not sure if anyone will see this message one day :) but I need help! I played FFH2 being younger and I would like to raise me (such a good mod!). But for that, it must be installed and I have little worries.
When I go to Kael's download site (HUGE thank you to him) https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/fall-from-heaven-ii.1/, I can not download some items :( Maybe it's due to my previous installation of Civ IV or Beyond the Sword (I have the CD for both and I am on Windows 10). Thank you in advance if someone responds to this message, good game to all;)
Gandalf The White

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour,
à ma connaissance, le seul fichier qui n'est plus téléchargeable à l'heure actuelle est l'add-on Blue Marble for FFH, qui est seulement une refonte graphique du terrain et n'est absolument pas nécessaire à la bonne installation du jeu.
Si tu as d'autres soucis, n'hésites pas à m'envoyer un message privé.

Hi,
as far as i know, the only file that's not currently downloadable is the Blue Marble for FFH add-on, which is only a graphical rework for terrain, which you don't need to install the game.

If you have any other issues, please send me a PM

Ah! Merci pour cette précieuse info pouces vers le haut:! Est-ce qu'il y a d'autres éléments non indispensables, comme le Media Pack ? Donc théoriquement je n'ai pas besoin que Civ4, Civ4 Beyond the Sword (j'ai les deux DVD) et ensuite je dois suivre les infos de Kael? Et aussi, t'as un ordre à respecter? : merci:black_imperator , je me rapproche du mais :RÉ!
Cordialement, Gandalf Le Blanc

Moderator Action: Welcome to Civfanatics. We are an English language forum and require an English translation with a post in a foreign language. Have provided that below. Please provide translation in future. Thank you. leif

Translation via Google translate:
Ah! Thank you for this valuable info: thumbs up! Are there other non-essential elements, like the Media Pack? So theoretically I do not need Civ4, Civ4 Beyond the Sword (I have both DVDs) and then I have to follow Kael's info? And also, you have an order to respect? : thank you: black_imperator, I get closer to but: RE!
Sincerely, Gandalf Le Blanc

Last edited by a moderator:
Le Media pack n'est effectivement pas indispensable mais il est agréable à avoir.

Effectivement, il y a un ordre. une fois installé civ4 et BtS, tu installes d'abord FallfromHeaven2041n.exe puis FallfromHeaven2041o.exe; puis le media pack si tu le souhaites.
Comme tu as pu le voir, le forum est anglophone, donc, si tu souhaites continuer en français, je te propose qu'on discute en message privé. Clique sur mon nom à gauche, puis Start a Conversation

The Media Pack is indeed not absolutely needed, but it's nice to have.

There is indeed an order to things. First you install civ4 et BtS, then FallfromHeaven2041n.exe, next FallfromHeaven2041o.exe and finally the Media Pack if you wish to.

As you may have seen, the forum is english-speaking, so, if you wish to continue in french, i suggest that we talk in private messages. Click on my name on the left, then choose start a conversation.

Just so you know this is all you really need to do for the FFH2 mod after installing CIV4 Beyond the Sword and updating to the latest version.

Get FFH2 0.41 full install to patch n from here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ffh2-bug-thread.308020/

Get FFH2 patch o from the same page right below the full install link (feel free to ignore the media pack, it's not needed for what you are doing)

There is FFH2 unofficial patch p located here https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-sons-of-asena-fix-unofficial-patch-p.419634/

There are also several mods of the FFH2 mod that are available as well.

Merci Omegaflames pour ces informations, je vais les mettre en place. Merci et bonne fin de journée.
Cordialement,Gandalf Le Blanc

J'ai réussi à l'installer et à y jouer, donc je peux fermer ce forum assez court :RÉ. Si vous avez besoin d'aide ou des questions, n'hésitez pas en PV.

...and updating to the latest version.
I'd just like to highlight this part, as black_imperator did not mention it in his post (at least in English). FfH2 will not work without the latest BtS patch (3.19).

J'ai réussi à l'installer et à y jouer, donc je peux fermer ce forum assez court :RÉ. Si vous avez besoin d'aide ou des questions, n'hésitez pas en PV.
As black_imperator and lief already said this is an English speaking forum so you should be translating your words to English.

Hi there,
Do you understand or recognize the following bug message?
"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"
upload_2020-12-14_22-12-49.png

I get this when I try to load the FFH2 mod.

I installed into the folder "D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
First "FallfromHeaven2041n.exe"
Then "FfH2041o.exe"
Civ4 normal works but not the mod :(
Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?

Hi there,
Do you understand or recognize the following bug message?
"GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme"
View attachment 578399
I get this when I try to load the FFH2 mod.

I installed into the folder "D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"
First "FallfromHeaven2041n.exe"
Then "FfH2041o.exe"
Civ4 normal works but not the mod :(
Anyone got an idea what I am doing wrong?

This discussion may be able to help.

This discussion may be able to help.
Thank you for the link!!

At least the mod will now load without crash.
And I can play the normal game now. (Not scenarios)

There must indeed some kind of file reference error in the MNAI mod.
I renamed the installation folder of the MNAI mod into "More Naval AI", then created a copy of the whole folder, and renamed it "Fall From Heaven 2". Now I have two identically named folders, and it works.
For 100% sure there's a messup somewhere. When I load the mod (Civ4 main menu / advanced / load mod) the game first looks for assets in the "More Naval AI" folder. And then for some reason ALSO in the "Fall From Heaven 2" folder.

Other aspects of the mod remain nonfunctional:
When I try to start a scenario, the modded game again gets confused about where and what it is (MNAI or FFH2)
upload_2020-12-16_21-49-34.png

There is probably a definitions file in the MNAI mod which sets up the references to the scenarios, and does not reference the actually loaded mod (More Naval AI) but references the "Fall From Heaven 2" Mod.

When I confirm "OK" in the screen above, the game will load what it calls "Fall from Heaven 2" mod (a copy of the "More Naval AI" folder).
It will also show me the scenario selection screen.
But then, when I click on the "Grand menagerie", it will crash to the desktop. :(

If you get around to fixing this at some point, I'm sure it will make the mod more accessible. I'm pretty sure it must be an issue with the definitions and references due to the strange behavior.

It could just be that the scenario is in fact a CIV4 save file and those are tied to the mod name they were created by. In particular the name of the mod folder.

It could just be that the scenario is in fact a CIV4 save file and those are tied to the mod name they were created by. In particular the name of the mod folder.
I think it loads correctly now. I have a duplicate of the Mod folder named just like that... like in the post linked by @Nomad or What . It didn't load the scenarios yesterday but today, for some reason, it works... I managed to start a scenario and it did not crash. I am happy! :)
Thanks for the help guys!!

@Bum Would you mind telling me what path both mods are pointing to in Civ4.thm in the resource folder for the part under "Set the resource" (possibly line 5) and "Setup common properties" (possibly line 8) and Civ4ArtDefines_Misc.xml in assests\xml\art folder for the part under
Code:
<MiscArtInfo>
           <Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
           <Path>
(possibly around line 335, near the very bottom).

@omegaflames Okay so this is the file, right?
upload_2020-12-20_20-27-38.png

Here's the content of the file
upload_2020-12-20_20-26-40.png

The other file looks like this. There's one single reference to "Fall from Heaven 2" in this file and it's in line 335
upload_2020-12-20_20-36-58.png

Both files also exist in my "Fall from Heaven 2" folder but that folder is just a 1:1 copy of the "More Naval AI" folder which I manually created and renamed. (This was inspired by the problem/solution linked to in post #4431 of this thread)
upload_2020-12-20_20-25-43.png

The contents of this folder's "Civ4.thm" file and "CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml" are the indentical to the ones shown above.
I do not keep an un-mod-modded (ha) FFH2 mod folder around.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. You should change line 335 in CIV4ArtDefines_Misc.xml to read
Code:
Mods/More Naval AI/Resource/Civ4.thm
. Anytime you change the folder name for a mod you must also change 4 (I believe) files that reference that unique file path to the mod. LFGR knows about this bug and will be fixing it in a future update for the unofficial MNAI patches he has been doing.

Not sure this is a vanilla FfH2 issue (I play EMM), but there's a typo when the prophet Pontif Elmin spawns: "The must" should be "They must".

Not sure this is a vanilla FfH2 issue (I play EMM), but there's a typo when the prophet Pontif Elmin spawns: "The must" should be "They must".
This is an EMM problem (and probably also applies to AoE, where it comes from; @black_imperator). Vanilla FfH doesn't have great people popups. Thanks for the report anyway!

Top Bottom