FfH2 Bug Thread

Sorry, my fault for not being clear. Here's the rundown from the start:

Upon loading regular BtS, I go to "Load a Mod."
I now have "Fall from Heaven 2" - this is 0.41, which works fine, runs 0.41 games, etc...

I also have "Fall from Heaven 2.old" - this is (supposed?) to be 0.40z. I can load this mod but when I get to the menu I can't play or load any games, they all crash from there. I'm not getting any notifications other than an "unusual runtime error" upon CtD (in other words, same as always), I guess I could look into that more but if there's a simple fix someone knows out there in the community already I'd be grateful.

Edit: This also appears distinct from what Emptiness was talking about, just to clarify, as I have the latest 0.41 download and it's not 0.41 saves that are the problem, it's 0.40z.

"19. Added the ability to examine cities before you decide to keep or raze them (code by Smeagolheart!)."

YAY!!!

Good work Kael! I downloaded the 0.41.1 version and the CtD is gone. Seems that it was indeed a problem with the LHs that caused the problem in game - because the save that CtD'ed all the time had a pop up of Arendel Phaedra who wanted a trade...

Edit: And I second the previous posting. It is really very cool to check the city before you decide on razing/keeping it!

Can't you make the fix for cottage and leader heads into a patch? I do not want to download a second 400 Mg file....

EDIT. Or you can add it into 0.41a.

Upon loading regular BtS, I go to "Load a Mod."
I now have "Fall from Heaven 2" - this is 0.41, which works fine, runs 0.41 games, etc...

I also have "Fall from Heaven 2.old" - this is (supposed?) to be 0.40z. I can load this mod but when I get to the menu I can't play or load any games, they all crash from there. I'm not getting any notifications other than an "unusual runtime error" upon CtD (in other words, same as always)

I think that the folder is renamed, rather than deleted, just as a safeguard to ensure that the installer won't accidentally remove something important (such as if some user had put something else in there, for example). It is probably not intended that 0.40z and 0.41 would both be available for play.

Can't you make the fix for cottage and leader heads into a patch? I do not want to download a second 400 Mg file....

so I'd like to know if this fix will also be included in the first patch.
I dont think so. It would boost all the patches by a considerable amount. Better that a few people download the whole mod then everyone download these in every patch forever. I know it is a bit of a pain for you, but all your patches will be smaller because of this, so in the end it will be less downloading (Im trying to avoid the 0.40 25 meg patches).
filler filler

The issue is that if it's included in the first patch, it must be included in EVERY patch, which makes them much larger. The simplest method is just to redownload the main version.

"I want to switch the "Wrath" armageddon event (AC 90) to make all the effected units Always Hostile so they can fight with your allied neighbors."
Shouldn't that essentially be an effect of enraged, period? and can you just copy the HN tag?

I think that the folder is renamed, rather than deleted, just as a safeguard to ensure that the installer won't accidentally remove something important (such as if some user had put something else in there, for example). It is probably not intended that 0.40z and 0.41 would both be available for play.

Thanks very much for the response, it's not too big of a problem for me (didn't really need the old 0.40z saves), though I guess I'll have to remember I won't be on 0.40z on MP or anything any longer.

crashes to desktop after ending the turn :(
edit:bah, yeah, using 0.41

Attachments

• Demonikus AD-0876.CivBeyondSwordSave
    391 KB · Views: 44
Using 0.41 which was available for download on tuesday.

Attachments

• Pena AD-0497.7z
    662.4 KB · Views: 49
crashes to desktop after ending the turn :(
edit:bah, yeah, using 0.41

I get the exact same kind of crash too. It's my 2nd one - the first one I managed to avoid by loading a game from a couple turns back but this one won't go.

Attachments

• Faeryl Viconia AD-0765.CivBeyondSwordSave
    910.7 KB · Views: 42
Also no crash for me. Maybe you three should try loading each other's saves. If each of you also gets crashes with the other two saves that would tell us something.

Tried both other saves and they both crashed. Tried booting from XP to Vista, no change.

Three versions of 0.41 were released; the initial one, the ".1" version, and the latest version (which I'm using). Windows reports the file sizes (of the installer) as:

Code:
Initial: 373,736 KB
".1":    374,664 KB
Latest:  376,681 KB

Which version are you using?

The second one, wasn't aware that there's a 3rd. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Edit: it worked. IMHO there should be some note on the 1st page about the new package, otherwise it's impossible to know if don't follow this thread closely.

Excellent. Shaymizz & Petrel, you should both check the size of your installer and if it isn't the latest version (or if you no longer have the installer you used, and thus cannot check the size) then try installing the latest version to see if that resolves your crashes. Post here if you already have the latest version, or if installing the latest version does not correct the problem.

Top Bottom