FfH2 Bug Thread

I'm not sure if this is just an oversight or an intentional balance thing, but the Illians can't build factories on ice terrain. This has probably been around for a while (hence I'm unsure if it's intentional), but only just noticing it as factories are finally worthwhile and available.

Do you mean workshops?

A little thing for flavor: since we have "new forests" in FFH, why not have those spawn near existing forests instead of full-fledged forests?
If, as it should be although I'm not sure it is, you can build on a new forest without mining, this would allow some advance warning for forest-locked starts when you only have a few non-forest tiles... So you can bring down those new forests before they get unmanageable.

In the same way, a jungle shouldn't spring up just like that. Why not make those spawn "new jungles"
(or new forest->forest->jungle if many jungles are around it and the climate is right)

Regarding:
Unconfirmed Reports, #5
Counterfeit event allows last option to be selected even if not following RoK, unconfirmed as being an issue post Patch Q (PawelS - Post 103)

I can confirm this issue post patch T. See attached screen. Playing as Illians.

Attachments

• counterfeit.jpg
    counterfeit.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 182
A little thing for flavor: since we have "new forests" in FFH, why not have those spawn near existing forests instead of full-fledged forests?
If, as it should be although I'm not sure it is, you can build on a new forest without mining, this would allow some advance warning for forest-locked starts when you only have a few non-forest tiles... So you can bring down those new forests before they get unmanageable.

In the same way, a jungle shouldn't spring up just like that. Why not make those spawn "new jungles"
(or new forest->forest->jungle if many jungles are around it and the climate is right)

Jungles do spring up near other jungles.

The "spread" mechanic gives features a chance to expand into other plots. Its doesnt have the ability to have it spread a different feature (like new forests) into other plots. Its not that we couldnt add a function to do that, its just that it probably isnt worth it for the minor effect it would give. If it was as simple as changing an XML value I would do it, but source code/schema changes? Probably not.

This is probably a balance issue, and I'm sure it must have have happened to others too. I was playing as the Illians on patch s, and I invaded the Balseraphs. They began to attack with huge (50+) swarms of puppets every turn. Now puppets have no chance to realistically hurt my troops, so the net result was my Crossbowman got up to over 700xp during the war. Add on the bounty hunter promotion and I was minted. But it seemed like an exploit.

This is probably a balance issue, and I'm sure it must have have happened to others too. I was playing as the Illians on patch s, and I invaded the Balseraphs. They began to attack with huge (50+) swarms of puppets every turn. Now puppets have no chance to realistically hurt my troops, so the net result was my Crossbowman got up to over 700xp during the war. Add on the bounty hunter promotion and I was minted. But it seemed like an exploit.
Well, if puppets where all they had to throw at you... Then that's probably what happened. Did you encouner any other units in significant numbers?

The "spread" mechanic gives features a chance to expand into other plots. Its doesnt have the ability to have it spread a different feature (like new forests) into other plots. Its not that we couldnt add a function to do that, its just that it probably isnt worth it for the minor effect it would give. If it was as simple as changing an XML value I would do it, but source code/schema changes? Probably not.

Too bad. I'll see if I can convince the FF people ;)
Thanks for the answer!

Well, if puppets where all they had to throw at you... Then that's probably what happened. Did you encouner any other units in significant numbers?

Well, they had about 40 mages, and 40 ritualists, and pretty much no other units in any numbers. It was really strange behaviour actually (but I guess that makes sense with Perpantach). Those 80 or so units spent the whole time running away from my army, so every city was virtually undefended. They eventually made a last stand in his final city, but by then it was obviously too late.

This is where FF's decimal xp would come in handy.
As I understand it, right now in vanilla FFH all combat xp below 1 is rounded up to 1. What about:
- Not rounding up combat xp below 0.1
or
- Allowing only one rounding up to 1 xp per turn per unit.

Another issue with an event: I had the "Muris clan goblins dumping waste" event on a peak. (patch t)

Another issue with an event: I had the "Muris clan goblins dumping waste" event on a peak. (patch t)

... and I had it happen on a plains hill. Food does not appear to have gone down to -1, so I don't expect it to be a problem. Patch s.

I noticed a strange bug in the way hell terrain returns to normal terrain once it is sanctified. When a grain resource (rice/wheet/corn) is converted to hell terrain it becomes a snake pillar. When sanctify is cast, the snake pillar stays for one turn, and then it is replaced by a grain resource, but not necissarily the one that existed before. In my recent game, rice became wheet. In addition, a farm improvement was on the wheet, even though there had not been a farm before it was turned into hell terrain.

I noticed a strange bug in the way hell terrain returns to normal terrain once it is sanctified. When a grain resource (rice/wheet/corn) is converted to hell terrain it becomes a snake pillar. When sanctify is cast, the snake pillar stays for one turn, and then it is replaced by a grain resource, but not necissarily the one that existed before. In my recent game, rice became wheet.

That's intentional.

In addition, a farm improvement was on the wheet, even though there had not been a farm before it was turned into hell terrain.

That's also intentional.

Two issues,
1. Playing tonight as the Elohim, captured the Sheaim capitol, I could build the sheaim units and buildings there, but it would not let me build my reliquary, basilica or chancel of guardians in the city. I thought as tolerant in enabled me to build both my buildings and the comquered enemies buildings in a city I captured.
2. I had razed the pyre of the seraphic and the tomb of sucellus leaving the fire and death mana behind. two different civs plopped near them and one built a farm on a node and the other built a cottage on a node. this was despite my gifting them the necromancy or elementalsim techs they needed to build the proper node. As I thought about it and checked old saved games i have never seen the AI place a node on a specialized node(i.e. fire, death, etc.) they have just upgraded plain mana nodes. Are they capable of placing a fire node on a fire mana, etc. or can the ai only make a node on a generic mana?

BUG:The pacifism civic military modifier is not working correctly. The calculation when you mouseover the hammer count shows the amount of hammers you should receive correctly, but you actually get the full hammer amount.

Top Bottom