FfH2 Bug Thread

AI/ automated workers don't seem to take the 'commando' promotion into account when choosing where to move. (patch d)

Two bugs, one relatively major, one pretty minor. Playing as the Illians, started the game with version 0.41b, then patched up with patches c and d, which is where I am now.

Bug 1

When the AC hit 50(?) and Buboes came into the game, I also got the message that several of my units had been damaged by fire damage. (Don't know if that was from the AC or maybe somebody's world spell (Worldbreak, maybe?).)

Anyway, the bug is that my Tower of Divination got destroyed and I had to rebuild it. I don't think that there's either any AC level or any world spell that destroys national wonders, is there?

Bug 2 (very minor)

I got the Letum Frigus event ("our scouts have found Letum Frigus, exploring it will embolden our people") many turns AFTER I had already explored Letum Frigus and gained the Aggressive trait. Didn't affect anything at that point, but was just a bit weird.

Patch 0.41e (unreleased, will break save games)

Patch 0.41d
1. Fixed a crash when starting as a civ with a unique race (fix provided by Xienwolf before the issue was reported, now thats skill!).

Wow! A patch that will break save games without changing a thing? :eek: Now that truly takes skill! :worship:

Two bugs, one relatively major, one pretty minor.
Bug 1

When the AC hit 50(?) and Buboes came into the game, I also got the message that several of my units had been damaged by fire damage. (Don't know if that was from the AC or maybe somebody's world spell (Worldbreak, maybe?).)

Anyway, the bug is that my Tower of Divination got destroyed and I had to rebuild it. I don't think that there's either any AC level or any world spell that destroys national wonders, is there?
Happen to me as well, but then I checked the log which says that the Sheaim had cast worldbreak. I think Worldbreak is supposed to destroy wonders as well; hey, after all it's hell breaking loose here.

I've played 3 games with the new patch, with Illians randomly chosen as one of the AIs in all 3. In each of them, they never built any more than 1 city. There's something wrong with the algorithm... And, they don't build their temples... As a result they only have 1 city which stays at size 1 all game.

If I had to speculate, I'd have a suspicion that it's looking at the surrounding icy terrain and noticing that there's not enough food to support another city. And, they need to prioritize the temple.

We played a MP-Game and encountered some weird Things:

1. Beery Brawl would not build cities beyond the first.

2. I waged War against Alexis. When she suddenly became Vassal to Perpentarch, Perpentarch suddenly was at war with me too - without any declaration, dialog option or something. If i had not the score-list on top when i play, i would not even have known.

Does becoming a Vassal not usually end wars first?

Illian priests of the White Hand lose the ability to move blizzards when they are upgraded to high priests. Is this a feature or a bug?

2. I waged War against Alexis. When she suddenly became Vassal to Perpentarch, Perpentarch suddenly was at war with me too - without any declaration, dialog option or something. If i had not the score-list on top when i play, i would not even have known.

Does becoming a Vassal not usually end wars first?

No, thats the normal BtS vanilla action, the war ends only if you and Perpentach are at war Alexis, like that they were in peace and she sought protection from him, therefor the war declaration after she became his vassal

No, thats the normal BtS vanilla action, the war ends only if you and Perpentach are at war Alexis, like that they were in peace and she sought protection from him, therefor the war declaration after she became his vassal

1. I frequently had the case in Single Player games: When a civ i am at war with becomes a vassal, the war ends. You can continue the war, but that triggers a warning dialogue option. (besides, i haven't palyed BtS-Vanilla for years :) )

2. Even if you were right, the problem is: There was no declaration of war, that game just switched from peace with perpentarch to war with perpentarch.

1. I frequently had the case in Single Player games: When a civ i am at war with becomes a vassal, the war ends. You can continue the war, but that triggers a warning dialogue option. (besides, i haven't palyed BtS-Vanilla for years :) )

2. Even if you were right, the problem is: There was no declaration of war, that game just switched from peace with perpentarch to war with perpentarch.

There are two kinds of vassalisation:

1. Surrender to a civ they're at war with. Ends wars.

2. Become a vassal to a civ they're not at war with. Doesn't end wars.

For some reason beyond me the game crashes as I enter the next turn. I attached my save. Don't laugh too much at it, I am still figuring the game out!

Attachments

• drr.CivBeyondSwordSave
    746.5 KB · Views: 62
I have the latest patch 3.19 for BTS as well as the latest mod for FF2, 0.41d. I am playing through the scenarios and find that I can't load up the Splintered court scenario. It crashes evrey time I attempt to load it up.

I can play other scenarios, just not that one.

Anyone else having that difficulty?

I've mostly been playing FF and FF+, but while waiting for updated versions I decided to try FFH2 again with its new patches.

Playing as Decius/Calabim, I ran into the same ole Blight issue. I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how this AC event works. For example,

My capital city, Prespur, had a population (and I DO mean had) of 19. It got hit with 58 Blight or 3 for each pop. Morrtanar had a population 14 and got hit with 38 Blight. These were taken right after Blight hit.

Do these numbers make sense? If so, fine, but it seems rather harsh as the recovery time is very long.

If the numbers are good, I think the bug comes in with the Blight not affecting all cities/civs the same way.

Most of my cities were brought down to a population of 1 before recovering. However, I noticed while my score plummeted other civs' continued to rise, or at least not drop much. I went back to when Blight hit and opened the World Builder. I noticed very few AI cities were affected by Blight at all. Some did have the unhealthy icon, but were not losing population as mine were.

Obviously, Blight caused me to fall behind the other civs in all areas (production, research, culture, wonders, GPs, etc.) while the AI continued to move forward.

If the Blight is to be as harsh as noted, I don't have a problem with that (although I still think something might be bugged there). However, it should affect all the cities in all the civs the same way, shouldn't it?

I tried to upload a saved game, but I just couldn't get it to work for some reason.

aye, Blight seems to be far more random, with a seeming heavy hand on the human player, however I cannot attest to this AI favoritism. What I can attest to, however, is that most cities I have seen were hit quite hard, and the random factor is great enough that if you cant win with your army when the blight hits, there is no better chance (meaning you have probably already lost, unless you werent hit by blight)

I picked up a golden hammer with a war elephant and it is stuck. (Cannot be removed or picked up by another player)...

[to_xp]Gekko;8247689 said:
it is highly possible that the good ol' bug that makes blight hit human players TWICE has reared its ugly head yet again.

Gekko, in FF and FF+ you often see Blight hit 2, 3 or more times. That has been reported. You get it at AC 30. Then, if you manage to lower the AC down below 30 for some time, when it hits 30 again, you will get a Blight again. Also, when the Mercurian Gate is built, you will get another Blight.

In this game, though, there are the two issues with Blight:

1. Why so much for some cities? In my example Prespur getting 58 Blight for a pop. of 19 seems excessive to me.

2. Why doesn't Blight affect all cities and all civ equally? Why is it random and why does it seem like the human player gets hit the worst.

Damn, I wish I could post the saved game, but I am sure others are seeing the problems with Blight too.

Top Bottom