FfH2 Bug Thread

@Kael.

Patch H seems like a really exciting development. Anything that improves performance is a great bonus IMHO. What's the general timetable for the release of Patch H? (Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere).

Im hoping for tomorrow as long as no issues are discovered between now and then.

Im hoping for tomorrow as long as no issues are discovered between now and then.

Will you continue to merge Sephi's subsequent AI improvements in subsequent patches? I feel that Wild Mana 5.0 has a some issues.

On the subject of Mana Nodes:

I noticed this while playing The Black Tower; Tebryn would send 4-5 Workers to improve the same Mana Node, however each would be working on a different type of Node - effectively fighting each other as to who could complete it first. Will that also disappear now that the AI Mages have taken over the job?

Just wanted to clarify whether this is a bug or not:

In my current game (0.41g) I joined the Overcouncil. I defied some resolutions (the ones outlawing mana) but wasn't kicked off the council. I was, however, no longer eligible for the Head Councilor position, despite owning Dies Diei.

The 'pedia says that defying resolutions gets you kicked off the council, so I wasn't sure if something was changed so that the 'pedia's now out of date, or if the 'pedia is accurate and I'm encountering a bug.

Could my owning Dies Diei by keeping me on the council?

Also, I'm playing as the Malakim, worshiping Empyrean, so I have both Teutorix and Chalid -- could one or both of those be keeping me on the council despite defying their resolutions?

Thanks.

Patch "h" is linked in the first post. thei is really Sephi's patch as the bulk of it is the addition of all his AI changes. It will break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Reduced the Harpy event unhappiness from 15 to 5.
2. AI: Better AI by Sephi (from the Wild Mana Mod).
3. AI: AI Improvements by Skyre (as merged by Sephi).
4. AI: Automate casting by Sephi.
5. AI: Better trigger for declaring war from spells by Sephi.
6. Stasis pauses golden ages by Sephi.
7. AI: Autocasting by Sephi.
8. Regenerate map option by Sephi.
9. Challenge modes modified by game speed by Sephi.
10. Tons of text fixes by Loocas.
11. Fixed an issue where the infernals caused an OOS whenever they captured a city.
12. New Beast of Agares art (model by WarKirby, texture by seZereth).
13. AI: AI Taught to declare nationality when appropriate (from Better Economic AI by Turinturambar).
14. AI: New build orders (from Better Economic AI by Turinturambar).
15. Infernals blocked form building health buildings (will help noob players and the AI).
16. Building promotion removal and adding move from unit doturn to city doturn (for performance).
17. New withdrawl function added (used for retreating withdrawl/feared/invisible units) that limits retreat to 1 tile and kills units that can't retreat (no more teleporting).
18. Fixed an issue with the Prisoner Merchant lair result (reported with fix by Doug Piranha).

Great update Kael!

Unfortunatly I already found a bug: The build a pirate cove action doesn't work. The Work boat vanishes and there is no Pirate cove.

Playing a 2 player multi game with a handful of AI when it went OOS around turn 15-20. Not sure what sent it OOS. We havent had an OOS in months.

The location of unique features is now (as of patch H) revealed to the Elohim on turn 2, rather than at the start of the game. I assume that this change is for the sake of the new Regenerate Map menu option, and so is probably intentional.

Skeletons look like skeletons while running/moving, but become swordsmen once they stand still (using h).

Ah yes, I just noticed that after I continued the game, and came back to correct myself, but you beat me to it. Never mind, ignore me then. :)

In CivGameUtils.py, I don' think that Mazatl should be mentioned unless they're added to base FfH:

#MAZATL
if pPlayer.getCivilizationType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_MAZATL'):
lValues[sType.index('BONUS_MANA_WATER')]+=-10000
lValues[sType.index('BONUS_MANA_SUN')]+=-10000

Yeah, that shouldn't be there, but I think gc.getInfoTypeForString('CIVILIZATION_MAZATL') in the main mod would just return a -1 and so the rest would never be called.

17. New withdrawl function added (used for retreating withdrawl/feared/invisible units) that limits retreat to 1 tile and kills units that can't retreat (no more teleporting).
Does it mean that the stack of units which cannot make a retreat caused by fear because of landscape/units will simply be destroyed, or is it made a different way to take it into account? Also does it mean that it's possible to block Loki's retreat by units too?

Top Bottom