FfH2 Bug Thread

TXT_KEY_UNIT_CANNOT_PROTECT_CITY said "Unit cannot defend cities", but , for example, a skeleton can defend his city against an enemy attacker.

I added this tag with the intention to describe "Can not Keep Peace and Order of Cities".
This means that a skeleton can not quash concerned citizen with no military unit, or a probability of city revolt. (And can not grant happiness from Social Order.)

I believe that current description may give a false impression.
But my native language is not english. How do you think?

I've noticed the same thing and I agree that the text is misleading... and I'm an English teacher, if that proves anything. :lol:

TXT_KEY_UNIT_CANNOT_PROTECT_CITY said "Unit cannot defend cities", but , for example, a skeleton can defend his city against an enemy attacker.

I added this tag with the intention to describe "Can not Keep Peace and Order of Cities".
This means that a skeleton can not quash concerned citizen with no military unit, or a probability of city revolt. (And can not grant happiness from Social Order.)

I believe that current description may give a false impression.
But my native language is not english. How do you think?

You are right, I will fix it.

11. Hundreds of AI updates from Wildmana (all Sephi's latest AI python and SDK code reviewed and many changes checked in).

Does this mean, the ai will now work as intended and not spawning hundrets of warriors instead of building a good economy and new citys during war? Cause of this i´m still playing patch g.

Yeah... I think I speak for most people here when I say I'm curious which of the common complaints from h-j have been fixed in this AI. Warrior spamming, no navy, massive stacks that wander aimlessly and no rituals are the ones that come first to mind. Are those still issues in this new patch? Between the warrior spamming and the aimless stacks the game is currently unplayable, imo... it's fun for the first hour or two of play because you get to build up your economy and expand your empire, but once it comes time to interact with the AI in any meaningful way, the game is broken.

I guess patch K will have Wild Mana's 7.20 AI , and believe when I say it is heaps and bounds better than what 5.0 ( the version that was merge in FFH ) was. all the issues have been taken care of.

no Gekko, a complete merge is impossible. The AI culture win strategy from wildmana would be useless in FFH for example. XML AI changes are hard to find but sometimes key. Even though some things gost lost on the last merge I think the result was pretty impressive and I am very much looking forward to this.

yep, that's why I said "AI" merge. ;) although you're right about culture win, in FFH it's way harder to get culture... perhaps too hard :p

A complete AI merge isn't possible, that's what I meant. Sorry, I thought it was obvious that we talk about adding AI code.

Getting at CTD as soon as end turn. Deleted the wounded Longbowman next to Acheron and same thing happened. Looking into it myself, but heres the save.

And so what if I'm doing badly, more fun if you're the underdog :p

Edit: Its not Barnaxus fighting off Barbs at Ithralia, its not the Kurio worker possibly setting off the Pyre or the Guardians and its not that random Acolyte that Varn Gosam seems to magically have acquired.

:) No, it isn't Barnaxus fighting the barbs, the Kurio worker, or a random acolyte. But all long time readers of the bug thread got it right on their first guess, it is indeed, (drum roll), the summon tiger bug.

I eliminated the two tigers in the Ljosalfar city of Bruti, and the game looks to work fine now.

Here is a fixed version of the game.

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• Flauros ADv2-0252.CivBeyondSwordSave
    251.8 KB · Views: 39
Why is it that unique feature seem to never provide their resources when they occur on Flood Plains? Is there some way to fix this, or stop them from appearing on these features?

Does this mean, the ai will now work as intended and not spawning hundrets of warriors instead of building a good economy and new citys during war? Cause of this i´m still playing patch g.

I have been playing since FFH 1 and posting since ffh .012 and history says The best thing to do is wait several days after the patch comes out and read the bug and ai feedback threads. See if the patch is stable as Kael has always stayed around for a little bit after releasing a big patch in case anything major comes up.

Also see if any of your dealbreakers still come up. For me, the 3 biggest reasons I went back to the old build was the AI not building a navy, the AI not building any rituals and the AI not building any wonders, well that and hoping Rantine will finally start casting his spell to steal barbarian cities :)

No. Continue with patch g. :mischief:

Was that sarcasm?^^ I still hope it´s getting fixed in the near future, many improvements coming up with the new patch look really nice, especially the new unit grafics^^

I have been playing since FFH 1 and posting since ffh .012 and history says The best thing to do is wait several days after the patch comes out and read the bug and ai feedback threads. See if the patch is stable as Kael has always stayed around for a little bit after releasing a big patch in case anything major comes up.

Also see if any of your dealbreakers still come up. For me, the 3 biggest reasons I went back to the old build was the AI not building a navy, the AI not building any rituals and the AI not building any wonders, well that and hoping Rantine will finally start casting his spell to steal barbarian cities :)

Fortunately for you, it seems there are still plenty of people who are willing to TEST the new patch as soon as it comes out. That way we can see if it is stable and/or comment on any of those "dealbreakers" you referred to.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see a "final" version of FfH2 eventually, and I most certainly WILL play that version. To that end, I want to give the crew adequate feedback so that they can fix what's broken before they throw in the towel.

I'm playing version j right now and the AI does have a (admittedly minuscule) navy, is building rituals (Sandalphon built Pact of the Nilhorn and Garrim built Blood of the Phoenix, for example), and is building wonders (all of the half-dozen or so that I didn't beat them to). This is an issue of weighting the AI's build preferences, which requires playtesting, tweaking, more playtesting, more tweaking, etc., etc.

In order to have the best "final" product, it is necessary for the crew to have feedback on the most current version. Please lend a hand. :goodjob:

Was that sarcasm?^^ I still hope it´s getting fixed in the near future, many improvements coming up with the new patch look really nice, especially the new unit grafics^^

Yes, it was sarcasm, hence the mischief smiley. I'm sure Kael is addressing the annoying game breaker you mentioned. Like you, I am looking forward to the new patch.

Just in case this issue didn't make Breunor's list:

I'm getting two Timor Masks most games as the result of exploring liars. patch j.

Fortunately for you, it seems there are still plenty of people who are willing to TEST the new patch as soon as it comes out. That way we can see if it is stable and/or comment on any of those "dealbreakers" you referred to.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see a "final" version of FfH2 eventually, and I most certainly WILL play that version. To that end, I want to give the crew adequate feedback so that they can fix what's broken before they throw in the towel.

I'm playing version j right now and the AI does have a (admittedly minuscule) navy, is building rituals (Sandalphon built Pact of the Nilhorn and Garrim built Blood of the Phoenix, for example), and is building wonders (all of the half-dozen or so that I didn't beat them to). This is an issue of weighting the AI's build preferences, which requires playtesting, tweaking, more playtesting, more tweaking, etc., etc.

In order to have the best "final" product, it is necessary for the crew to have feedback on the most current version. Please lend a hand. :goodjob:

I find that the AI does indeed build wonders and rituals, especially the dwarves. (Just to be clear, I play on immortal, standard size maps usually.) What I find is that the AI doesn't build wonders, rituals, and the like when it is at war. However, if it is at peace and on more of an isloated board, they can and will beat me to wonders.

If you play on Pangaea, however, then it seems like they warrior spam much more, but I play on Pangaea about 1 in 5 times.

To me the biggest issues are the crashes. I ran into one last night; I was playing on Immortal on an Erebus map, I had Decius with the Bannor. I was in first place, but I attacked Amelenchior and ran into an incredible SoD. (Btw, yes, I know you can probably bypass it, I don't do that, I play I have to defeat his SoD). 70 longbowmen, 30 rangers or so, lots of priests of leaves. I had a tremendous quality army but only about 40% of the size. We were at a stalemate, so it was time ....

I used a great man, went into a golden age, went into crusade, and cast my worldspell, and 50 demagogues were about to even the score! I had to get them to cities to get the iron promotion, up to the front. About 5 turns later, I finally got most of them and my flagbearer - it was time for the big battle. And foolishly, I hadn't made special saze.

Well, of course the Ljosalfar priests of leaves summoned tigers and I got a Ctd. I realized that (of course) my last autosave was 3 turns ago, about a half hour of play.

I acutally decided to declare myself the winner instead of recreating the game, eliminating the tigers, etc. But it is frustrating.

Best wishes,

Breunor

I couldn't find this in the 2nd post or changelog, hope is hasn't been discussed.

I'm in the third civ of a high to low game. The first several turns, every tech was being researched in only 1 turn. I figured it was because they were old techs and didn't pay much attention, but then I was getting arcane lore in 1 turn at 30% science--some kind of bug, surely.
It went back to normal after I changed religions. the save I'm attaching is right before then, I think.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0412.CivBeyondSwordSave
    343.4 KB · Views: 53
i just noticed something from which iam pretty sure that it is a bug (FFH2 0.41 patch j unmoded). If you have great persons and then building these ritual whichs gives all your units the imortal promotion, and then using your great persons to: finish a building or create the holy building of a religion, then they appear in the capital and can be used a second time. It is the same with slaves when they are used to finish buildings but in this case i think they are realy dying because of the hard work, but when priests or great persons building a temple or holy building or something else, they did not realy die but deciding to move in the city and making them new home there (or manage their great project). So they are still living and should not be resurrected.
I do not tried what happens when they are directly planted in the city but i think they are resurrected too, and that makes much lesser sense.

EDIT: i found another bug: it is about the marksman unit. The rules say that this unit just can have the mobility 1 promotion, mobility 2 is not possible. But when you update an assasin with mobility 2 to an marksman unit, the marksman has 3 movement points but just mobility 1, mobility 2 is removed as it should be. If you update a longbowman with mobility 1, the marksman even has mobility 1 but has just 2 movement points.

Top Bottom