Fiddling with corporations

Cadbro

Chieftain
I am trying to create a sort of plague based on corporations. My plan is to add a corporation called "Plague" and give a large health penalty, but I can't find anything in the modiki that will change that, not even under ReligionInfos, which was my backup. They both only allow modding the commerces given. Surely the bonuses that religion affords must be moddable somewhere...

Is corporations the best way? I mean, who wants to found a plague in their city.
anyway. As I see it if you only want to edit xml, you could make a resource, disease, that gives bad health and then attach it to :
<BonusProduced>BONUS_DISEASE</BonusProduced>
In the CIV4CorporationInfo.xml. Here it will only affect the city with the corp in it.

you could even make the food (population) go down. (havent tested if it can be neg. though)
<YieldsProduced>
<iYieldProduced>-50</iYieldProduced>
</YieldsProduced>

I have another way to make disease, but thats a secret for now (need to go to the patent office first ;))
no really, I need to implement it and test it before to see if its doable

Disease has been done using religions before in EusebiusWorldReligion-Revival but it kept track of the number of turns since infection and did stuff based on that. For example small pox reduced the population of a city to its square root rounded down so a size 20 city became a size 4 city on the turn the city gets infected. Then there is a chance every x turns after to loose 1 pop (never below size 1) to the disease until you develop a cure.

Typhus affected units in stacks when you were at war - stacks of doom could get very sick ;)

by the way, is there a way to remove religions and corps with events (like the inquisition mod)

Also is there a way for you to destroy cities using events and then scatter population around your empire (like in an evacuation)

by the way, is there a way to remove religions and corps with events (like the inquisition mod)

Also is there a way for you to destroy cities using events and then scatter population around your empire (like in an evacuation)
With Python script it is. You might consider learning some. I actually wrote a tutorial on this (see my signature).

I'd love to script anything you need if I only had the time. :p

hmm... an evacuation button in a city... what an interesting concept...

I'm thinking we could give the city owner the option anyhow. Evacuate the city... destroys the thing BUT population is divided out between your cities (well... population redistribution should probably be based on the culture percentages... should give its population to your enemy if you say, take a city in the middle of war and evacuate it before any of your own culture is in place.)

thats scary. if small pox did that, I dont even want to think what the plague did ;)
I guess its scripted in python then. or sdk.

iirc the plague got rid of 1/3 of your pop. but happened more often. No sickness destroyed a city completely.

Interestingly enough, while it was a great shock at the time, in about 10 turns you would not notice because your population in the big cities would get back up because you could concentrate on food production and already have all the storage buildings in place. Sort of like history :).

It is all in python but not BtS python :mischief:. Every now and then I go back and look at what is there to see if I could make it a mod. However it needs changes to the fonts and I am graphically challenged.

Top Bottom