Final Fantasy 7 Mod

There could be a bit more flavor for each factions. Wutai could make use of the Japanese units available from the Sengoku scenario as well as the fine additions here on CFC. :) Hikaro Takayama pointed out that Wutai is loosely based on Okinawa and Ryukyuan culture so instead of random Tibetan, Chinese, and Japanese names, how about using Okinawan / Ryukyu place names? The city names for other factions could take names from other factions in Final Fantasy games that fit their characteristics (Shinra could take some names from the Vector Empire in FF6, for example). Since there's only four factions, each faction could have its own distinct culture group.

Anyways, I've noticed that there's a lack of FF-specific buildings. If you have any need for them, I'd be willing to take requests. :)

I will have much more free time in the coming week. Request as many buildings as you need. :)

can someone repost the update? The link seems to be broken. Thank you!

Thanks for this mod. I like it very much.

It would be nice to have some Chocobos (without Rider) in several colours, golden - can fly everywhere, yellow - only land and not able to climb mountains, and so on. The tech "Chocobo Farm" could enable these units.

Unfortunately I am not able to create these units, but maybe it should be not very complicated to change the Chocoboman into a pure Chocobo and in different colours.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Magus, I don't know if you are aware of this, but I recently created a unit based on Aeris that could work well as a UU for the Cetra... I could see about making a quick version with a pink dress for the Aeris king unit as well.....

Any chance somebody could repost the link please? I know it's a bit old but worth a shot :p thanks in advance.

Here's the "Cetra Archon" unit: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=273445

I'll see about getting the other version done once I get some other stuff (mostly RL) out of the way......

Hello man, i have downloaded your update to this mod, and the map by Magus77 - but the links to the actual finished mod is no longer available at Rapidshare because the site went down.

So am i missing lots of material?

If you have the full mod, could you re-upload it? I am really interested in playing this.

I did never play Civilization back in the day and i remembered this mod this year, a mod i first found in 2006 - so i guess i should have tried it out back then but didn't. So i do need a working link.

As i guess the map is just the map, and your update has some units - but i am lacking all the mod content.

Ahh yes, I forgot about this sorry.

I've been on the hunt for Civ scenarios am about to expand it to include Final Fantasy mods so it's very cool that this mod exists. Now if only I could find @DJ Bonebraker 's missing Final Fantasy Civ3 mod it would be awesome! EDIT: Found it, both Civ3 FF mods now rescued! :)

Anyway yes sadly the old 3D download for @magus77 's old Final Fantasy 7 mod has long been down (& takes you to some dodgy squatter page you don't want to be visiting unprotected) however thankfully I was donated a copy of it a while back! Sadly it does not include the update 9 download so that's still missing! EDIT: Found it! :)

I've tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and it worked! Looks awesome!!! I'm going to enjoy playing this!! :)

I've applied update 9, repacked with 7zip (down to 67MB from the 90MB zip file) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should @magus77 return to CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone 3D one. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius he's now edited the original thread post's download link & download page for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone 3D one that was taking people to a dodgy page.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/FinalFantasy7_v0.9709.7z

Custom animating leaders and including Cloud!!
upload_2021-5-28_15-28-32.png

There's Cloud again.. and nice looking terrain!
upload_2021-5-28_15-28-57.png

Diplomacy with Yuffie lol
upload_2021-5-28_15-29-36.png

Last edited:
SCORE!! Thanks to @unartis I've obtained the missing "Update 9" I asked for above and thankfully it's very tiny so I'll just attach it to this post for people with the old v0.9708 copy.

For new people you won't need this as I've just updated the main download in this thread and on @magus77 's download page to the new v0.9709. :)

The old dead rapidshare links that took people to nasty pages have been removed too.

Attachments

• Update__9.7z
    817.9 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom