Final Fantasy 7 Mod

Its just a real pain to give each of your workers orders to move and create a road or a mine every single turn. Could you modify automate to make workers stay within a certain distance of a given city? Do most of you guys not automate your workers? I thought that was a common practice after your city(s) have had time to expand their influence.

Its just a real pain to give each of your workers orders to move and create a road or a mine every single turn. Could you modify automate to make workers stay within a certain distance of a given city? Do most of you guys not automate your workers? I thought that was a common practice after your city(s) have had time to expand their influence.

I believe you can tell them to automate building at just one city...try turning on advanced button options in the preferences menu (ctrl + P) I think you can find the button there.

Oh and nice updates magus77, havent been here in awhile. Finally got the weapons and sephiroth...guess its time to download again :p

The link for the download doesn't work, It gives me error 404 page could not be found.

Damn, looks like I have to upload it again. It'll be back up in an hour or so.

EDIT: I'm uploading it right now, the site I'm using now will hold it forever if there's at least one download every 30 days, so every 25 days or so, I'll click the download link (but not actually download it) to keep it up. I'll post the link in the first post (and update this post) as soon as it's uploaded.

EDIT (2): The site I wanted to use isn't really working for me, so I'm just going to use the same site again, the reason being it has a progress bar that shows how much has been uploaded/how much is left. So you guys will have to wait another hour or so before it's up.

Crap...I'll re-upload it again this weekend, sorry for the wait, haven't had time to come by here until now.

EDIT: Uploading right now via Rapidshare. Yes, I know most people don't have premium accounts (I don't either), meaning they're limited to a number of downloads, and some people use RapidShare often, but it's the most reliable service I've come across, and as long as somebody "downloads" it (clicks on the download link and get the computer's where-to download screen) at least once every 90 days, I won't ever have to reupload it again. I'll probably "download" it every 2 months or so, to keep it alive.

EDIT 2:File uploaded, in first post. Enjoy!

I found a weird bug in new beginning version. Every time i built a new city, i get an instant defeat.:confused: I´d like that map if it would work. So far i have tried on avalance and ancients, both with same bug. And if that matters, i have complete edition of the game. And, when im playing some other maps, i still get the advisors as ff7 chars. Not that i mind about that though.

I think the ff7 advisors thing has to do with having the advisors loaded when you play the game and keeping them loaded (instead of loading them again to the appropriate ones) when you start another game; it shouldn't happen unless you've played another game after playing the mod without restarting Civ III.

As for the other bug, I've never encountered that, but I'll look into that this weekend.

I just started playing your mod and so far it's been quite a lot of fun. Civilization III with Final Fantasy VII characteristics - you can't go wrong here! :D

Anyways, have you considered giving each of the 4 civs specific flavor units, flavor buildings, and flavor techs? There are quite a number of culture specific units and buildings here at CFC. :)

Hi again magus :)

How goes the mod? I've noticed that you have some new units (the weapons and seph) I'm going to download again. Are you ever going to finish this one?

well adding units to the game is the easy part harder part is to getthose units and balance it so some units or techs wount become to good

Magus, sorry about the long delay, but since I've kind of hit a stall with all my other projects (unit, Real Life, etc), I decided to whip up some materia resources real quick....

BTW, did you add the Shinra Marine?

Also, I'll probably be doing a FF VII king unit pack sometime soon, especially since I've already got the model for Rufus done, and am planning on re-doing Cloud (pending on how easily I can transferr the animations from my current unit project over).

Anyways, here's your resources:

Attachments

• Resources.zip
    60 KB · Views: 254
There's a PediaIcon error regarding the Privateer unit.

Thanks for the resources, and I didn't know about the marine until now, but I'll add that in the next update (which will either be done today or next week).

As for the Privateer, it appears I accidentally deleted it from the pediaicons, so I attached the fixed file with this post (which will also be available in the update).

Attachments

• PediaIcons.txt
    61.3 KB · Views: 192
Top Bottom