Finally beat deity; ss included

Andrewski

Chieftain
I feel so complete.

Spoiler :

The strategy involved in getting there is so mind numbingly insulting I feel bad for even beating the game on deity this way. :( At least i'm in the cool kid corner now.

Geez, what in the world happened on this map? It looks like Hiwatha's cities are around you, but owned by different civs.

It's also really strange how you have no military at all...

I deleted all of the units I owned, I don't want you to see how I beat it ;). Dem my secrets bro.

Edit: Look at how washington began to take my land at the last 15-20 turns of the game with his stupid generals.. scared me for a moment, but I was alright. Space victory btw. If can do with Ramkhaheng(spelling?), can do with anyone ;)

Well, if you're going to post a screenshot, you might as well tell us how you beat it.

Given that you have no faith or tourism, I'm definitely curious. Did you basically just sell everything in order to buy city-states so you could win?

Space victory btw. If can do with Ramkhaheng(spelling?), can do with anyone ;)

Um, I'll actually say no on that one.

Even after the PtP nerf, Siam is still a great civ for growth, you can really rake in the food and culture on their UA.

Military units I've found aren't actually essential to winning on Deity. I had a poland start in China that I just finished, and I basically sat on 3 units the entire game; I had Ghandi to the north, and the next closest neighbor in England in Saudi Arabia. Pulled ahead in techs by 1200 AD and it really flew away from there.

Well, if you're going to post a screenshot, you might as well tell us how you beat it.

Given that you have no faith or tourism, I'm definitely curious. ...

+1 for sure. You can't just say you beat it but then post a mysterious screenshot that raises a bunch of questions!

SV with only 800 bpt at t280 on what I assume is standard? hmm.... (is this quick?) Otherwise I think you just got a mind-blowing number of RAs

I am highly intrigued/skeptical. I recently got a SV with Poland in 1921 on emperor and I maxed out my RAs, was WAY ahead of everyone in science and bought all my parts with gold. I didn't think it is possible to win an SV before 1900 on any difficulty higher than emperor. At least in BNW. Although it does appear in the ss the world is pretty advanced for 1820, it would still take awhile to get enough gold to buy all those spaceship parts and RAs.

What you should have done is post an SS with the "Ramanhaeng has won the game" blurb on the ticker. Anything else is just speculation.

I am highly intrigued/skeptical. I recently got a SV with Poland in 1921 on emperor and I maxed out my RAs, was WAY ahead of everyone in science and bought all my parts with gold. I didn't think it is possible to win an SV before 1900 on any difficulty higher than emperor. At least in BNW. Although it does appear in the ss the world is pretty advanced for 1820, it would still take awhile to get enough gold to buy all those spaceship parts and RAs.

What you should have done is post an SS with the "Ramanhaeng has won the game" blurb on the ticker. Anything else is just speculation.

Higher difficulty = faster science wins because TR give a lot of early science, and you actually get more than 1 turn off a tech with an RA.

Not sure what the years mean as far as turns go, but most top players win on Deity in ~240 to 260 turns, but pretty much always under 290 turns

I now see that it's a science victory. I'm not sure why one would delete the units? Is the only point that he had next to no military? If so, that's a valid strategy - it's extremely risky, though.

I now see that it's a science victory. I'm not sure why one would delete the units? Is the only point that he had next to no military? If so, that's a valid strategy - it's extremely risky, though.

/shrug
sell all your units, buildings, resources, etc and buy the last parts.
Nothing wrong with it if it shaves a few turns on victory and you do not feel like sitting on the edge of your seat spamming next turn...

I had quite a bit of military towards the end, Washington was presenting an extreme risk to my existence. It put my victory off by several turns for sure. I was forced to pump out about 10 of those late game tank infantry units(I forget what they are called). and several anti air defense units(forget what they are called too, the ones that shoot down attacking air units within 2 tiles of its position). I could have easily wont by turn 250-260 if not for that. I was far ahead of tech by modern era. When the game started I was given 3 or 4 trade routes from surrounding civs, boosting my early science to 40 or 50 by early as turn 20 or 30~. That's all you'll get out of me on details though. The only city states I was able to utilize were 2 culture cs's i think? maybe? i know only 2 cs's were my allies, and maybe some friendly, but most gold was spent on snow balling to public schools or aluminum factories(what ever that factory is that requires aluminum), I also got ahead in tech enough to get statue of liberty, a huge factor in my early success. Honestly I didn't get much use out of any of siam's abilities most of the game, except the wat is (okay) i guess, i didn't have much forest to utilize it.

No tourism...no wonder your people are unhappy. You have no buffer against ideological pressure. Then again, America did steal 2 luxury resources from you. As for no faith, well that removes the massive faith purchase of GS' theory.

Other than that, that is a pretty good victory, but I don't think it was even necessary to delete your units. Your game could have crash landed just as you were about to win (i.e. Ethiopia and America decide to attack you).

Top Bottom