Finally! Cultural Victory!

Why random personalities? I think that would take all the fun out of it for me... every game I'm up against old friends and worthy adversaries that I know.

Well, quite the contrary, the fun comes from the unknown personalities, don't you ever think so?

Just think about hos obtusely kind of Attila will give so much fun out of it...

Well, quite the contrary, the fun comes from the unknown personalities, don't you ever think so?

Just think about hos obtusely kind of Attila will give so much fun out of it...

No, I don't. But you think so, and it's configurable so we can both play the way we like :)

You don't need luck to win on King. Having said that, I do like to restart the game until I have good starting location. That means easy to tech luxuries such as mining ones - gold, gems silver etc, or calendar luxuries. I don't like wasting time going to trapping or sea luxes.

Go tradition, build 2-3 cities quickly, get libraries in them and build National College immediately they are finished. Science is key to most victory types.

I also find that is the case, I mean science. But then, by the time I get ahead of everyone, I suppose I am winning the science victory.

There might be one way out, reduce the number of CIV to something like 4, retaining 16 CS, so more simple.

Culture victories are generally quicker to win, at least at Emperor and under which is where I play. Science demands you get three last techs, culture only needs one at most.

The trick is to only research the top part of the tree once you've got research labs. Keep your scientists until you can use them to grab the last techs you need. You should have your culture multipliers in place by then.

You mean keeping ALL scientists until then, use them all in one go?

That's a good question. I generally plant at least one or two academies, and always in a city with either the National College or an observatory. After that I save them until my science per turn is pretty good, but not necessarily waiting for research labs. I might burn one early if I'm in a war and 4 turns away from finishing Dynamite, Navigation, or Industrialization, etc. and getting artillery or frigates/privateers or Gatling guns/factories a little sooner is critical. I'm not necessarily doing it optimally, cuz even tho' I usually win my games take a lot of turns.

In a recent game I played, Babylon was in last place for science the whole game because the AI mismanaged his great scientists so badly. It was kind of pathetic.

I tend to play on Prince and cultural victories seem to be one of two victory types I find the easiest to reach, the other being science.

I know this is kinda.....late, but I finally managed to do the hardest victory of them all (to me at least).

INVASION BY TOURISM!

Using Brazil on Prince, small continents. I managed to win at turn 519 after I think I will not catch up to Ethiopia's massive cultures. But I persevere!

Here's a screenshot on steam!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762821141

Now bring on Civ VI!
Just did it myself too!! I had to do it on chieftain my spamming wonders though.

Top Bottom