Finally working...

Grathocke

Marquis
I finally got the game to load. First off, my specs: Samsung R580 laptop with Windows 7 64-bit, Core i5 @ 2.27 GHz, nVidia GeForce 310M w/ 512MB dedicated video ram. No matter what I tried the game wouldn't load. But I had installed to D: drive since I have more space there. Someone, somewhere, posted they where having problems loading mods since they hadn't installed to C:. I thought "what the heck," so I uninstalled and reinstalled to C:. The game still wouldn't load from a desktop shortcut, but it does load from inside Steam. It won't play in Dx11 mode, but it does play in Dx9 mode... better than nothing. Also, when I first started playing, the fow was black and chunky. I was able to go into video options and change it to high detail and now I have nice fluffy clouds. I haven't changed other settings yet, but hopefully I can change those and get better graphics. I hope this helps someone, as I found out that support for the game seems to be non-existent. I sent emails to Steam, 2k, and Firaxis. Only Steam replied and that was just to say "contact 2k."

It doesn't play in DX 11 mode because the GeForce 310M isn't DX11 compatible. And honestly, Googling your problem to see if someone else has run into the same issue as you would probably help you more than contacting the companies via email.

Top Bottom