Finishing old games

Volum

The Zapper
Yesterday i killed Ganon and restored peace and stability to Hyrule. That's actually the first time i played it myself from start to finish. I was maybe 5 or 6 the first time i played Zelda: A link to the past it on my brothers Snes even tough i didn't really understand everything that was said.

"Do you understand?"
"Yes"
"No not at all"

I could have finished probably many years ago, but i either got stuck, bored, or saves got lost. My brothers Snes is lying hidden somewhere at my parents house i think, unless someone has *gasp* thrown it away. I remember even getting as far as Ganon's tower in the Dark World and still not finishing it. I actually beat Ganon many years ago on my older brothers save, but i had never played myself from start to finish until yesterday. In the last 12 months i have beaten both Donkey Kong Country 1,2 and 3, Lufia2 and Chronotrigger. Most of them i never even played on the original Snes.

Zelda however i hadn't played almost at all in the last year, until two days ago. When i started my old save that i started quite a while ago i had apparently just gotten the first crystal in the Dark World. So i got out my "newly" acquired hammer, went down and saved the girl in the second crystal and go the hookshot. And so on, i saved girls, found the big key and got my items. Made my way to turtle rock, always a difficult place to be and managed to pull trough even tough i actually came very close to dying.

Only at this point, maybe 17 years after i first played this game did i find out that if you sprinkle magic powder on those annoying spinning skull things that zaps your magic meter and some life, they turn into faries:crazyeye:

So i with some help from the girls i just saved broke into Ganons tower, defeated some old friends that you first meet when you need the 3 pendants (to get the Master Sword,stupid!) and had a nice little reunion with the evil wizard Agahnim before i followed Ganon to his temple and killed him on the fourth attempt. And the world was safe again!

Anyways, the whole point of this thread/post is 3 things i guess.

1. What other classics are there on the Snes? I already finished Chronotrigger and Lufia2, Lufia1 was a bit of a disappointment after playing Lufia2 first. Also done with all the Donkey Kong games. Maybe I'll have a go at FF III/VI. Also i could ofcourse play Zelda on the N64 but they just don't get me in the same way. OOT is way overrated.

2. Do you have any old childhood games you liked but never finished? Or didn't finish until you where much older?

3. Congratulate me! I'm still proud of myself even if it took so long:goodjob:

This thread can also be used for discussing the awesomeness of the SNES!

I never beat the last boss on Warioland myself, my friend did on my save though. Never finished catching all 150 pokemon on Red, didn't get all however many are in Gold, actually the only gameboy games I have that i finished were the Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Ages games.

Sure, congratulations ;)

You should play Secret of Mana, Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, as I think you like action/rpg's. Or play Zelda III again ;) And you mention Donkey Kong and not Super Mario World? You did play SMW, right? RIGHT?

I still have to plough through the early Final Fantasy's, but I'l be doing that on the GBA, because part 1 till 6 are available with the correct order (FF2 and FF3 on an english SNES are actually FF4 and FF6)

Zelda Ocarina of Time (for N64), I got the first 2 gemstone things, and I finished the game by loading an old save (borrowed it from a friend) but I don't think I ever played the entire thing start to finish

I elevated the Necropolis to a technophile haven for ghouldom, and paved the way for Shady Sands to become the New California Republic; The Brotherhood of Steel became the NCR's chief military contractor. I rather failed to help the remains of L.A. and the Hub survive though.

Well, congratulations. It's a real feeling of accomplishment to beat something after such a long time. ^_^

I have lots of unbeaten games laying around my house. Lots of unwatched movies and half-finished books, too, for that matter. It took me years to finish Final Fantasy IV and VI (er, II and III). Same with Chrono Trigger.

Have you tried Secret of Evermore? It's similar to Secret of Mana, but I found Evermore more entertaining.

After trying for damn near 20 years I have yet to still finish the original Final Fantasy. Congrats on finishing Zelda, that's one of my favorite all time games

I finally beated the Soviet Campaign with Red Alert. (PC), PS1 is too frustrating (DAMN ANALOG BUTTONS)

does pc-games count?

since I have never actually completed Half-Life 1(didnt kill the endboss) or Baldurs Gate 2:(lost interest after i escaped the Underdark)

yrah ill go away in shame now

I never finished Icewind Dale.

does anybody remember that game? :D

I never finished Half-Life 1 either. But i have finished Half-Life2 and its episodes so maybe i should go back and try to finish it after exams.

I had a massive break whilst playing half life 2 so it ended up taking something like 2 years to complete. Never really played the first one.

Almost every single game I own I never finished. Some of the ones that I do finish are sometimes years after first getting the game. I think the longest it took to finish a game was about ten years.

Me and a friend went back and completed 100% all the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi games on PS2...We had 20$ and bought them all. Fantastic series.

I had a massive break whilst playing half life 2 so it ended up taking something like 2 years to complete. Never really played the first one.

I too never beat HL1, though I just got it last year for like $1. It's quite an a-mazing game.

Top Bottom