Finnish Civilization Mod

Originally posted by troopper5
@ Drift
I guess if I play with Finns, I'll use scenario: I'm not a kind that likes to make lot of back ups :rolleyes:

Good choice. Especially since high scores are the only thing copying files over originals has that scenario doesn't. Everything else is the same.

I would like to know how permanently replace Korea with Finland, because I'd like to see the high score lists too and I don't mind missing Korea.

Unless it can cause some random crashes or other problems?
Please tell me how it's done.

Okay, go into teh Civilization III/Conquests folder, and then back up the biq named "Conquests" (drag it onto the desktop or something like that). Then drag Drift's mod into the CivlizationIII/Conquests folder and rename it "Conquests". Just make sure you back up the original.

Originally posted by Glorfinder
i have that kind of programs (morphers) if you dont have i can send them to you?

I've looked into the subject and I think I can manage myself. Just give me some time - I've got loads of work until wednesday. After that, I'll start animating him. :)

Originally posted by Narskis
I would like to know how permanently replace Korea with Finland, because I'd like to see the high score lists too and I don't mind missing Korea.

Unless it can cause some random crashes or other problems?
Please tell me how it's done.

Alright.

1. Extract the "finnishciv.zip" into a temporary folder.
2. Find conquests.biq in your Civ3\Conquests\ folder and back it up.
3. Find Civilopedia.txt and PediaIcons.txt in Civ3\Conquests\Text\ and back them up.
4. Remove "read only" status (right click -> properties) of the "conquests.biq" in Civ3\Conquests\ and delete it.
5. Copy "Finnish Civilization.biq" from the temporary folder into Civ3\Conquests\ and rename it "Conquests.biq"
6. Go to your temporary folder and open "Finnish Civilization" folder. Go through the folders under it one by one, and copy their contents to the corresponding folders in Civ3\Conquests\Art\ or Civ3\Conquests\Text\. For example, copy the contents of \Art\Advisors\ to Civ3\Conquests\Art\Advisors\. Note that you have to create a folder "Jaeger" into Civ3\Conquests\Units\

To ease copying million things into Civ3\Conquests\Art\ and *\Text\, you can make a zip out of the folders \Art\ and \Text\ in your temporary folder and extract it into Civ3\Conquests\ but if you are not familiar with zipping stuff, I suggest you do it by hand.

If you have any problems, just ask.

Edit: Gogf's instructions do not work. Use mine. :)

Well, mine is the simplified version.

You do need to copy all that stuff (sorry, I forgot you added units, and a leaderhead... woops).

Version 2.0 released
New in this version:
- Leaderhead is now animated.

Download from post #1

Originally posted by Lusikka755
I really needed this one (for some reason;) )

BTW, is that industrial era background from the Finlaysson building in Tampere??

Good Job!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

PS. Now we can get real use for Ukas' sauna-improvement!;) :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Sauna improvement???

what it does and where I can find it?

Originally posted by Shargon

Sauna improvement???

what it does and where I can find it?

You can choose what it does and you can find it (just like 95% of all buildings and wonders) in Building & Wonder Graphics Libary in the Graphics Modpacks forum.

Originally posted by calgacus
This is a good civ-add Drift :goodjob:

Thank you. :)

And only 2.2 MB. :eek:

Well, usually it's the animated leaderheads that make civs big. Kekkonen's animations are really small and only about half of the frames are unique.

Hmm... this looks nice... gonna give it a try. :)

Seems almost like a Finnish- only thread here...:rolleyes::D

Except that it doesn't work...:cry:

I did all that was said in the readme.txt, but when I started a new game, it said some .flc file or so was missing...:confused: What should I do?

Originally posted by Wizard
Except that it doesn't work...:cry:

I did all that was said in the readme.txt, but when I started a new game, it said some .flc file or so was missing...:confused: What should I do?

You have probably made some kind of mistake unzipping the mod. I just tested it by extracting the finnishciv2.zip into Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios\ and it worked perfectly.

Are you sure you unzipped it into the correct folder? The unzipped mod should end up in folder Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios\Finnish Civilization\ if you did it right.

:blush: I'm propably modpack unzip ******ed...

I unzipped them directly into the scenarios folder, and didn't create a own folder...

The ReadMe should say that.

Originally posted by Wizard
I unzipped them directly into the scenarios folder, and didn't create a own folder...

You don't have to create any folders. The zipfile should create the "Finnish Civilization" folder and all its subfolders plus put all files in their right places. All you have to do is unzip finnishciv2.zip into civ3\conquests\scenarios\

Do you have some kind of "do not extract pathnames" option marked? The zip works fine so the problem has to be in your extracting software.

Yes, I was propably doing it wrong, I'll try again now, I was just copying the files into the folder, not extracting. :cringe:

Top Bottom