Fire Tuner help?

Le Sage

Emperor
Where can I find understandable and clear instructions on how to use the Fire Tuner (or whatever the bleeding thing is called). I can find nothing good at all written about it. I need it to test my mods, obviously.

I get an error when starting it up, but clicking Ignore seems to start it, but I don't think it works as it should anyway.

Actually, I only want to be able to add units here and there to see whether they work or not. I just had a custom unit that I needed to check the animations on and I had to set the tech to Agriculture and check it that way. It was irritating as I then forgot to set it back to Steel and happily went on and uploaded my mod! Geez.

I also want to remove the Fog of War entirely to take a look at my maps. In short, I want to be able to do the stuff I did in the Civ4 Worldbuilder or near to that.

remove the fow needs the debug = 1 and tuner = 1 i think, then you just need to press ctrl + z

adding units is just a matter of clicking on the map with the unit plopper, or you can manually do it in the console when the tuner tools start to bug out.. by typing in
Players[ 0 ] : InitUnit ( unitid, x_coords, y_coords )
spaces are optional, player 0 is you, 1 and up is the AIs, unitid is a unit (0 is a settler) x and y coords are the plot

by debug = 1, he means debug panel = 1 in config.ini in your mygames>> civ5 folder.

remove the fow needs the debug = 1 and tuner = 1 i think, then you just need to press ctrl + z

adding units is just a matter of clicking on the map with the unit plopper, or you can manually do it in the console when the tuner tools start to bug out.. by typing in
Players[ 0 ] : InitUnit ( unitid, x_coords, y_coords )
spaces are optional, player 0 is you, 1 and up is the AIs, unitid is a unit (0 is a settler) x and y coords are the plot

How do you get the unit plopper?

So......do you just start fire tuner and then run the game?

Does anyone know how to change the terrain type or plots using the fire tuner? For example, to change an ocean hex to a flood plain or change a desert hex to a forest hill. I cant figure this out - thank you for your support and assistance!!

Top Bottom