First Human to Receive Neuralink Implant Says It Lets Him Play Civilization VI

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
00685ZjewuHV1LoJIz26Xts-1.jpg

The PCMag (and various other outlets) have reported about today's first video of Neuralink's first implant: The Neuralink implant is a brain implant for quadriplegic people people, allowing them to move a cursor on a screen. While in general not a new invention, Elon Musk's company has managed to garner widespread media attention for the first implantation of such a device. The patient reports playing chess with the device, and also playing Civ6 until 6 in the morning.
The video can be found here (mentioned around the 3:30 mark), and also the official Civilization Twitter account has picked up these news.

Glad to see that games can give people joy in their life, although we certainly hope that he'll have additional useful uses for it in the future.

View attachment 687109

The PCMag (and various other outlets) have reported about today's first video of Neuralink's first implant: The Neuralink implant is a brain implant for quadriplegic people people, allowing them to move a cursor on a screen. While in general not a new invention, Elon Musk's company has managed to garner widespread media attention for the first implantation of such a device. The patient reports playing chess with the device, and also playing Civ6 until 6 in the morning.
The video can be found here (mentioned around the 3:30 mark), and also the official Civilization Twitter account has picked up these news.

Glad to see that games can give people joy in their life, although we certainly hope that he'll have additional useful uses for it in the future.
Can he get wiki on that Neuralink?
He might want to read up about "Notch" before wearing that shirt again.

Firaxis and Take2 might have trouble using him in ads. :)

Can he get wiki on that Neuralink?
Nah, naaah, plausible deniability. The word "notch" could mean anything. ;)
Nonetheless, it's cool to see more people able to enjoy this franchise, and to see the Muskrat doing something wholesome for once. I'd be honored to find him in a lobby!:)

Nah, naaah, plausible deniability. The word "notch" could mean anything. ;)
Ahem... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notch_signalling_pathway the Notch pathway is necessary to generate new nerve cells... I bet in this case is the way more likely interpretation. Good that you suggested reading up about "notch", otherwise you might make wrong judgements, indeed ;).

Now I need one. Elbow pain limits my gaming these days. I even play left handed to give my right elbow a break. Luckily civ6 is a game I can play left handed.

Waiting for the brain haemorrhage for mis clicks in Civ VI 😆

TBH not the best game in the world for something like Neuralink. Chess is better.

Firaxis really ought to improve QoL in its games, starting with Civ.

A variety of more news outlets have picked this up, and now we are also getting a satire article from HardDriveNet, titled "Neuralink Patient Miraculously Nuked by Gandhi in Civilization VI". This article is actually a bit funny, and worth a read. A short excerpt:
“Thanks to Elon Musk and Neuralink, I have a physical miracle sitting in my head that allows me to watch one of the world’s greatest civil rights activists and practitioners of nonviolent resistance deploy his arsenal of nuclear warheads against me.”

Read the article here.

A big innovation to further technological dehumanization. :(

I'm cautiously optimistic, very 😆

It's not beyond Elon to file a lawsuit against 2K+Firaxis if his Neuralink patient suffers complications because of long Civ VI play times, is it?

Well, the patient doesn't belong to Musk so I'm not sure why he would have any stake in this.

The patient is under the care of Neuralink.
So yes, there is liability if something goes wrong. Or negligence. But Elon can point fingers.

I'm pretty sure 2K lawyers will update their T&Cs for users playing its games with tech like Neuralink at some point...but until then Elon may have a free pass 😏

Top Bottom