First impressions

JtW

Prince
I have been following this mod for a while but wasn’t able to play it as I my primary computer is a Mac. Recently, I finally got to play a few games, and here are my impressions.

The good:
- the whole setting is convincing, very rich - I was really impressed
- the art assets are surprisingly good
- in general, the new mechanics (starting as a tribe, GP, etc.) are interesting and fit well with the setting

The not so good:
- the progress felt very slow: I was clicking „Next turn“ a lot while I didn’t really have anything to do. Is it intended to be that way?

I am always playing with Raging Barbarians, and on Epic I have plenty of stuff to do. Maybe you were too isolated from AI and did not have enough fighting to do with your heroes?

Also are you playing as a Man or an Elf? The men have a lot of micromanagement with great persons who die and rise.

Regarding the art assets, I've already asked about icons in the Bugs thread, so if someone could help me it would be amazing.

Thank you!

I have played a bit as both. I am a builder type and don’t like to war that much.

I'm with JtW. It's sort of baked into the de-emphasizing of tech that new toys don't come at the same rate as they do in vanilla Civ, so you're more likely to hit a point where you don't really have anything to do except make war, even on Quick. This might be okay since war plays a much bigger role than in Brave New World (all but two of the victory conditions involve conquering dudes, and one of those is intended to have everyone invading you anyway), but then you have the problem of extra cities being a pointless drain once you have enough production to work with. I can't really think of any solutions except being really generous with puppeted cities for KM/Culture and somehow making it easier to get annexed cities up to speed.

Top Bottom