First online review to hit Friday (rest on Monday)

Grizpin said:
Which forum's opinions do you base your trust on though???

Trust and trust. Maybe that was the wrong word to use. But many voices helps to develop a better sense for the game than one or two reviews do; in which many times like people have mentioned their motives might be somewhat affected by outside pressure/influence. And there are of course always people you DO trust more since you've gotten to know them fairly well.

So was this review posted yet?

7:43 Eastern Standard Time, no review.

JakeCourtney_Mr.-I-will-have-the-game-on-the-23rd said:
That's great, but it's friday where the damn reviews.
Oh, why don't you just write your own on Sunday if you're so fired up to read one :lol: :lol:

I suspect they were so engrossed in playing the game that they forgot to review it.

(That'd better be the explanation...)

Melendwyr said:
I suspect they were so engrossed in playing the game that they forgot to review it.

(That'd better be the explanation...)

Just 1 more turn and they'll write it.

Mujadaddy said:
Oh, why don't you just write your own on Sunday if you're so fired up to read one :lol: :lol:

LMAO, that is a very good point....since he will get the game on "Sunday" he should wirte a review for all of us..

King Jason said:
I call shenanigans! :eek:

Now, now, young man, you can't go around calling shenanigans on people!

Who knew that General Montgomery was Financial and Organized...

Phoenix_56721 said:
My Predictions for Civ4 Scores from Reviewers :cool:
IGN = 9.5 out of 10
Gamespot = 9.3 out of 10
PCGAMER = 96%
Computer Gaming Monthly = 5/5 stars (BTW, stars suck for rating a game)

(And no I'm not a Beta Tester, Just judging on from what I understand about Civ4)

But the real question is what will Xplay give it? [/sarcasm]

...but Morgan is pretty fine... :)

hajmyis said:
LMAO, that is a very good point....since he will get the game on "Sunday" he should wirte a review for all of us..
Yeah, that guys starting to annoy me...especially since people not in the US will have to wait 1-6 weeks for it!!

ANYWAY....did anywhere post a rating/review yet?

woo hoooooooooooooooooooooo

Hihihihihi :) :D

Civilization is only thing that makes my giggle like a school girl at 4AM. And this is just a review :D

Thansk for the heads-up about the IGN review Civrules!!.

"Welcome to Rome, Steve. Care for some salad? I made it myself..."

Bwa ha ha ha!

Question for anyone who might know:

One of the IGN screenshots shows a new incarnation of the Civics screen. Under Organized Religion, it says that cities with (Aum symbol) construct buildings 25% faster. What does that mean, exactly?

My guess is that it refers to a State Religion, but previously that was represented by a pair of praying hands. Surely it doesn't refer to Hinduism?

IGN said:
The comprehensive Civilopedia offers all kinds of information but there should be cross-linking for civic types and terrain improvements. While it's not a big deal while you're just browsing, it's kind of limiting when you're selecting a new technology and can't access the other entries.

Huh? Crosslinking should be everywhere. I hope I'm misunderstanding what he's talking about, because the civilopedia should be perfect.

Also:
IGN said:
While we're on the subject of combat, I have to admit that the game still suffers from the spearman-defeats-tank combats.

Finally, I find it odd that graphics gets a lower score than sound (8.0 vs 8.5). Although he seemed somewhat dissatisfied with the wonder movies, and I sort of agree: the CG/time lapse building thing is cool, but not for all 28 wonders.

Top Bottom