First successful early rush is a double!

gothemasticator

Chieftain
New player to the whole civ series, newish to Noble (one cultural victory, one space race victory, numerous military losses and capitualations at 1700 hopelessly behind). Currently trying military/domination games... and failing. Have been giving the early rush strategy a go... and failing miserably! So, I read some more articles and threads and decided to try:
  • Quechuan early rush, no worker, no barracks
Playing:
  • Noble
  • Epic
  • Large
  • Pangaea

My scouting Quechua discovers Asoka's Delhi 8 tiles directly East. While I'm building my attacking force (I figure 6), my scouting Quechua (still circling) discovers Ramses' Thebes 8 tiles directly West! Both great targets! As the thread title gives away, I modified my attack plan (5 Quechua for each soft target), and off I go.

It is now 2250 BC, and I have three cities: Cuzco, Thebes, and Delhi - each currently building a worker. Woohoo!

And, hi, everybody! Yes I went from lurker to registered just to share this story. Who else could I tell it to?

gothemasticator

Quechas are better on monarch or beyond. Prince and below, they are basically just AGG Warriors. But you still get the Terrace and HC's traits.

But still a good accomplishment. Also try War Chariot rushes, those are also awesome.

Top Bottom