Fission Fallout

s3nTin3L

Chieftain
Hey all,

Seeing as though it a lovely Monday morning, I just thought I'd share my weekends creation with everyone. Here is an extract from the readme:

This is a simple six player "Gold Rush" style map. There are 2 main islands with 3 players starting on each, the teams are not set however and it is up to the player to decide how he/she handles the other civilizations diplomatically. Each civilization starts off on a similar footing with all the essential resources (Iron, Horses,Oil etc) as well as plenty of production, food and commerce and a few local tribes people.
The islands in the centre contain "optional" resources, but ones that can provide a significant advantage however. The main island contains the only Uranium and Aluminium on the map. So he/she who controls these resources gets access to nukes and the high end tank and planes. There is enough space on this central island for 2/3 settlements, it is up to the players involved who you share it with, if any.
The outer, smaller islands contain special resources like Ivory (for War Elephants) and Coal (for the Ironclad). They also contain the only Stone and Marble on the map essential if you want to get those wonders building quickly. Thus these outer islands will be the main focus for the earlier stages of the game.
It goes without saying then that this is a map that rewards a more agressive approach to play. It is also one that requires some thought and strategy from the player as many of the starting locations have their own strategic bonuses or weaknesses.
The playable factions are the: Americans, English, Greeks, Russians, Malinese and the French. I chose these because the represented a good variety of civilizations, some familiar some not so.

It's basically "version 0.90" because I haven't fully played through it from start to finish myself yet. I have checked, double checked and triple checked it and I don't think anything is awry. Still if I have missed anything or if there are balancing issues etc just tell me so I can improve upon it.

Well I hope you enjoy it!

Alright so how the hell do you get the file upload to work? 0_o

Yay got it to work, must be something to do with the fact that I used winRAR for making a ZIP file instead of winZIP. You have been warned!

Well hope you all enjoy it now that you can finally download it :)

Attachments

• Fission Fallout (vB090).zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 301
I use winRar for making the zips for Atlas all the time?

Anyway, I downloaded it and shall give it a try later today. Sounds like fun :)

I can't see the large image because the link to imageshack isn't working properly.

However it does look as if the islands are separated by oceans.

An ocean square in Civ4 completely blocks settlers until late into the game (at the point in the game where tech comes pouring in).

This essentially means that the smaller and the larger islands can't get colonised until stone and marble have no real use.

You might want to link up the smaller islands to the mainlands so that these could be colonised before ocean squares can be navigated by galleons.

However, the map looks pretty good! Looks like it'd be a lot of fun too, although for a human player knowing in advance where to go for resources does make it a bit of an unfair advantage. I'd imagine for multiplayer though there would be a huge rush from some players to get the tech to get aluminium. And for other players a huge rush to wipe everyone else out before that :)

Cewl thanks Halk for bringing that up, I thought the Caravel could transport any units but apparently not 0_o. Which means you wont get settlers out there untill quite late into the game, yes.

Will get to work on that one right away. Expect the new version up soonish.

Oh and if anyone else has any comments/suggestions etc please dont hesitate to tell me :)

Ok here is the new and hopefully improved version :)

Attachments

• Fission Fallout (vB095).zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 204
You can edit the first comment and remove your old version and upload the latest version. Sounds interesting. I think something like this will be best for multiple players and not single player. ;)

Tbear2520

Hmmm I thought you could play the map in multiplayer as well 0_o

How could I make it compatible for multiplayer, does anyone know?

Sorry I think I misled you. I was only commenting on that multiple player would be best. I think the maps are one and the same. As long as you have more than one playerableciv=1 in it.

Tbear2520

Yeh I set them all to =1, cewl aslong as people can play it multiplayer as that is what I had in mind when I designed it :)

so wait...how do you play this(or any other costum) map in multiplayer???
I thought it was imposible

Top Bottom