[FIXED] Can't end turn because of bugged Puppet production

The lastest patch: *Fix for Puppet State production exploit.

If you choose puppet now, you are prevented from choosing production, but you can't end the turn *without* choosing production!!! :crazyeye:

Basically you are forced to takeover the city, along with the high unhappyness that it causes.

A case of the cure being far worse than the disease. With the happiness mechanics in the game, this is a game breaking bug. I was forced to start over as my campaign was basically crippled beyond repair. Hopefully this fix is prioritized.

I was at war with many countries. At one time America offered me peace together with Boston. Boston became my puppet city and instead of "end turn" button, there was a "choose production" button (pressing it didn't have any effect) I ended up annexing Boston in order to continue game (saving and loading didn't fix it)

I ran into this bug, got around it by loading an autosave before the peace; refused his peace and offered my own, which worked.

Frequent (and several) autosaves are a good thing.

30+ hours invested in a single player game and I ran into this bug. There are many minor bugs with the game that can be overlooked. This a major flaw.

I don't want to have to load an old game to try and avoid the situation. My puppet states want my puppeting to continue.

Please fix ASAP

See save file. Antium is a puppet, yet I got a "choose production" requirement before I can end the turn, saying Antium needs to choose what to build. I can't, since it's a puppet.

I guess I'll have to annex it... Savefile attached.

Attachments

• choose production puppet bug.Civ5Save
    675.6 KB · Views: 66
Here is a bugged save. What happened was I just made a peace treaty with the Ottomans and he gave me some cities. One of the cities had completed its contruction that turn it seems, and even though I made it a puppet, it still ended up in the queue for cities needing production orders. Since I can't change the production on it, I can't end my turn unless I annex and raze the city!

Attachments

• save1.zip
    434.3 KB · Views: 63
First off - I know my machine barely meets "spec" for this game, especially the GPUs. However, I don't think this bug is system related.

I've played about four games now and each one ends the same way; I get Heliopolis from the Egyptians and no matter waht I do (puppet, annex, raze) the game insists that I need to issue the city build orders. But I can't and cannot go any further - game over.

Anyone else having this issue?

After crushing the overly aggressive Romans, they gave me all their cities except their new capital. As this made my unhappiness soar, I traded one of them away to Arabia. One I annexed, and one I left as a puppet city (Najran).

So after moving all my units, the only thing left was "Choose Production." Clicking that did nothing. Apparently it wanted me to choose production for Najran, my puppet city. I couldn't do anything at all to progress the game other than annexing the city...

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    503.4 KB · Views: 60
I'm experincing this bug and from this thread it's not clear that it is accepted as something needing fixing. So I'm attaching a file of a game that is on the threshold of the negotiations offering the cities (five in this instance) that get the game stuck if you choose to puppet them. Just hit the next turn button to set the sequence rolling. That's assuming I get the file uploaded properly. And, yes, it's 1.0.0.20.

Attachments

• 19c.Civ5Save
    802.3 KB · Views: 54
Thanks for this thread! I am experiencing this bug right now and it's extremely frustrating! Glad to know that it's a known issue, I shall wait for the fix.

I realise this is just another possible workaround and not a cure, but is it possible to force the turn to end using SHIFT+ENTER?

Another save. England has just given me a plethora of cities and I cannot continue the game because of the above-described bug.

Yes, my civ is in awful state with lots of unhappiness. Not easy to win this game (if someone is looking for a challenge).

Attachments

• Egypt2.Civ5Save
    802.3 KB · Views: 69
Just wish to add my vote to the "fix this please". I ran into this bug in my latest game.

I realise this is just another possible workaround and not a cure, but is it possible to force the turn to end using SHIFT+ENTER?

I just tried it, and it does advance the turn, but doesn't clear up the problem. Your puppet states will not start building anything! This definately needs a hotfix, even if it's just a reversion. If I have to annex those cities it will kill my game.

Top Bottom