[FIXED] Diplomacy broken: AI complains about massing troops, but there are none

Oh sorry, couldn't find another thread on it... And I was a bit impatient... Thanks for moving it.

This also affects diplomacy. When a foreign nation finds your army, they demand that mini-non-aggression pact then and there. I don't want to agree to it, but the alternative is war -_-.

Kinda annoying to take the extra relations hit if I do want a DoW later on.

When having open boarders with allies, I'm getting complaints from them, concerning massive build-up of my troops within or near their boarder, when infact it's their troops that are inside mine, and mine seldom leave my empire.

It feels very awkward having to reassure them that my troops are only passing thru, when they're not even close to their empires, and it's their troops within my empire that triggers the dialog...

I get the same either.

In one map I had the Arabians to my south and the Spanish to my North. Our borders were almost touching and I was sandwiched between the two. I wasn't doing too good either due to being restricted in expansion and being out researched. So I decided to prepare to attack South and as a few (only a few) of my units were in a position within my borders preparing to move soon I was asked about the troop build up and if I intended to go to war. If I had said "No" then I would have been branded as a liar. So to war I went, too early.

The Spanish then asked me the same as I had placed an odd archer on my mines and an odd swordsman near them to protect my Northern borders. Again they were few in numbers and well within my borders, I even was on friendly terms and had an open border agreement.

Not sure how sensitive it is to trigger such a reaction but I do seem to get it.

This bug is listed in the buglist thread as fixed. If so, which patch fixed it? I'm looking through the official patch notes, and I don't see any statement that this bug has been fixed. If I'm just overlooking the statement, could someone please point it out to me? Thanks.

I do know this bug was still active at least as of 1.0.1.141, as the attached saves (which use the InfoAddict mod) and screenshot shows. My Greek armies are besieging the Aztec Empire's Texcoco in the southwest of the map and nowhere near the Egyptian Empire. Press the "end turn" button on the first save, for turn 167, year AD 1710, and you'll see that on Ramesses's turn, he sends a scouting Egyptian caravel up next to my Greek frigates. Press the "end turn" button on the second save, for turn 168, year AD 1715, and Ramesses will, because of his scouting caravel...

Spoiler :

...complain about my armies being amassed near his empire, despite the fact that my armies are actually on the other side of the world!

I thought these saves were worth posting because they demonstrate that it is not just the (land) scouts already mentioned in this thread that trigger the problem, but also ship scouts at sea.

Attachments

• Alexander_0167 AD-1710.Civ5Save
    611.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Alexander_0168 AD-1715.Civ5Save
    617.6 KB · Views: 63
  • CaravelThinksItIsTheEgyptianEmpire.jpg
    CaravelThinksItIsTheEgyptianEmpire.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 135
This bug is listed in the buglist thread as fixed. If so, which patch fixed it? I'm looking through the official patch notes, and I don't see any statement that this bug has been fixed. If I'm just overlooking the statement, could someone please point it out to me? Thanks.

Some weeks ago one of the betatesters went through all the confirmed bugs and looked if they've been fixed. He said so, and i have no reason to distrust him.
If you have a save from the current patch level in which the bug again occures, then i'll take it again out from the fixed list.

Top Bottom