flavour map script(s)

This has probably been stated so sorry if it repeats ><!

Edited:
On the smartmap, Have you tried making Mana as a resourcecommon? (most likely like LIFE_MANA (as it's put in the wiki) is my guess) IF no one's tried it, I'd like to see the outcome.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread so ignore me if its been implemented...

Shouldn't Calabim prefer grasslands/fresh water?

To feed the cattle .. er .. I mean people! :devil:

Sorry for not answering earlier.

I don't plan to mess with the map scripts themselves, mainly for maintenance reasons. Adding Mana to one of those SmartMap lists shouldn't really be hard, though, so why don't you try it yourself? Btw, I think this is a disadvantage of SmartMap, that is uses explicit bonus resources and thus must possibly be adjusted for mods.

About the Calabim, I don't think grasslands and fresh water specifically fits their flavor... more than say hills and mountains (that's what I associate with Transylvania, for example). As someone else pointed out, even deserts can fit them if you imagine some sort of Egyptian aristocratic vampire society...

Sorry for not answering earlier.

I don't plan to mess with the map scripts themselves, mainly for maintenance reasons. Adding Mana to one of those SmartMap lists shouldn't really be hard, though, so why don't you try it yourself? Btw, I think this is a disadvantage of SmartMap, that is uses explicit bonus resources and thus must possibly be adjusted for mods.

About the Calabim, I don't think grasslands and fresh water specifically fits their flavor... more than say hills and mountains (that's what I associate with Transylvania, for example). As someone else pointed out, even deserts can fit them if you imagine some sort of Egyptian aristocratic vampire society...

I'm sure that vampires could fit into just about any terrain you put them in, but it would seem logical that they would tend to gravitate towards areas where their food supply could be more easily grown. Yes, I realize the folly of trying to apply logic to a fantasy setting, but here goes: Hills would tend to lead more to an industrial base, where plains would tend towards a more agricultural base. From the vampire's point of view (being the ones in charge), I would think they want a well-fed, uneducated population.

I believe it has been stated that Alexis's first victim was a devout follower of Lugus, and that he cursed her and her kind for this crime. I don't think sunlight actually kills them, but it is supposed to weaken them.

I believe it has been stated that Alexis's first victim was a devout follower of Lugus, and that he cursed her and her kind for this crime. I don't think sunlight actually kills them, but it is supposed to weaken them.

alexis and flauros started imprisoning souls to lengthen thier lives (don't remember why)

I'm using FFH II version 2.022, and smartmap FFH keeps getting stuck on initializing.. I have to reset my computer to get out of it....

Bigben34

I'm using FFH II version 2.022, and smartmap FFH keeps getting stuck on initializing.. I have to reset my computer to get out of it....

Bigben34

I'll look into it as soon as I have time. Is it only FfH_smartmap that stopped working? What about the vanilla smartmap?

I often got floodplains appear on any fresh water tiles, not only on deserttiles next to a river.

I am not having this issue on either the FfH smartmap, nor the base version of smartmap(and I am testing a mod on it that touches SDK,XML and PY... so I've really cut up the base game and its still running).
Tested on base .22 good also.

Cheers!

I cannot confirm this. Anyone else?

Yes.

The bar goes maybe 25% then stops. I've not been playing smartmaps recently, but I definitely saw it at 0.21.

(I have tended to play with high levels of resources. I don't know if that helps or not. I'll try to have a look this evening and see if I can find some settings which fail for me).

I can't reproduce it now, with 0.22 g and the latest scripts.

I did a total reload recently (new laptop) so I can't help unless it surfaces again.

It really did happen though.

Well, I belive you :), but in this case it's really difficult to track it down. I also think that it's a SmartMap issue and not one of the Flavor Module.

Thanks for testing, though.

Top Bottom