FlavourMod - Mapscript Module

Is this compatible with 0.32 E?

Yes, it is.

Currently I'm thinking about a version 2 of FlavourMod. The new version probably won't be that cross-compatible with everything anymore (because it will involve SDK adn XML changes), but it will allow me to make it more user-friendly (for example make it a clickable game option like "advanced start" and so on) and to remove some bad workarounds I had to introduce to make the current version work with python only.

I love the script thus far, but there is a bug, with civs spawning on mountain tiles.

Nice to hear, you like it. I suppose you were using Cephalo's PerfectWorld script I bundled with FlavourMod? I think the mountain start, that sometimes occurs (I recognized it too), is probably an issue of this particular map script and has nothing to do with FlavourMod itself. But if it should happen with other modified map scripts too, than please tell me and I will take a look.

Most of the scripts currently used by civ4 are in the folders: "<civ4>\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps" and"<civ4>\Warlords\PublicMaps". You can open them up with a simple text editor like Notepad. Then just follow the How to: "Flavour up other mapscripts" guide in my first post.

mmm....guess Im a complete noob with this stuff.
Tried to open it with a txt editor. By changing the extension to "txt" but now I cant change it back to "py" and its lost from the maps I can choose in the game. :(

redownload the script. select the script (while still with .py, no need to change this), "open with", then select notepad, or wordpad or whatever you use.

mmm....guess Im a complete noob with this stuff.
Tried to open it with a txt editor. By changing the extension to "txt" but now I cant change it back to "py" and its lost from the maps I can choose in the game. :(

Maybe you have it set to hide known file extensions, that would explain why you can't change it back. To fix...

Open Windows Explorer
TOOLS => FOLDER OPTIONS
Click on VIEW tab
Untick "hide extensions for known file types"

And yes you are a noob but thats ok as we were all a noob once... :)

Next time, instead of changing the extension to .txt, just:

1. Right click on the file
2. Click "Open With"
3. Click "Choose Program"
4. Pick Notepad from the list
5. Click the "Always use the selected program" checkbox
6. Hit okay

Maybe you have it set to hide known file extensions, that would explain why you can't change it back. To fix...

Open Windows Explorer
TOOLS => FOLDER OPTIONS
Click on VIEW tab
Untick "hide extensions for known file types"

And yes you are a noob but thats ok as we were all a noob once... :)

he he, no need to rub it in. ;)
But thnx all for the help. Finaly got it to work.

When I start Pefrect_World, The game freezes at Initializing. Any tips on what's wrong?

Whhooo, that's inconvienient. Really hope it's worth it.

It generally is, really. Sometimes I have to restart (like when I am playing Austrin (or whatever FF's new Wind-Civ is) and I get started in jungles) but the map generated is normally amazing/balanced.

I suggest you allow for civs to start anywhere, creates a more fantasy-world feeling (continent v continent wars; Lunan ALWAYS (for me at least) starting on an island) Oh, and do not be afraid if you see big swaths of desert. That is normal.

It's worth to wait. Perfect World comes usually up with very nice maps.

I just released a beta of FlavourMod 2. If somebody wants to try it out, then he or she can find the download link on this page: FlavourMod 2 Thread

It's a real and easy to use modmod now. Not a rather strange mapscript module anymore. No need to add code to each map script you want to use anymore either. To check a game option is anything it needs from now on to flavour up a FfH game. It's FfH only at the moment, but I'm going to release a Fall Further version soon.

It's probably a good idea to delete the old FlavourMod.py and PerfectWorld_Flavoured.py from your PublicMaps directory first before giving FlavourMod2 a try, to prevent any possible confusion.

Top Bottom