Flowering Counter

jeff_vandenberg

Chieftain
I am new to the mod and have poked around a bit and was wondering what the point of the flowering counter really was, particularly when you get it to over 100. I know that there is the Planetmind promotion for native life that gives the buff to strength. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else I should be watching for that's different from the stat mods that you see with the hover text.

I am new to the mod and have poked around a bit and was wondering what the point of the flowering counter really was, particularly when you get it to over 100. I know that there is the Planetmind promotion for native life that gives the buff to strength. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else I should be watching for that's different from the stat mods that you see with the hover text.

There is already a thread about this (older, but I think thread necromancy is the lesser evil compared to crowding the forum with duplicate threads ;) ):

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=277158

The very first post contains a summary of all factors contributing to and affected by the FC. Not all are implemented, but you should see at least 1,3,4,6c and 7 as effects in the game (for contributing things, I think only 1 and 7,9 [for spawning spots and the differently named concordate/council resolutions] are in)

A not mentioned effect which is in the mod is that spawning points appear with higher probability on higher counter levels.

Ok. I had found that, I was just checking to see if there was anything I had missed. It had seemed a touch anticlimatic to get to 100+. I would definitely be a fan of events happening along the way, up or down, ala the Armageddon Counter from FFH.

Thanks for the information.

It had seemed a touch anticlimatic to get to 100+..

My congratulations. I haven't get it so far to 100, not in a single game (slightly below 60 was the highest). What map size do you play on, roughly at which turn did it reach 100 and what was the reason why it climbed that high? I'm asking because I still think the balance isn't ideal here (at least on in my games)

I played on a standard sized map, at an easier difficulty as I was more interested in exploring options and features than in having a challenge. Played Diedre and converted most to the way to Voice of the Planet. It took a bit of time, turn 289. I lead the Concordant and always voted to offer the gene modifications. Again, I was playing on an easier difficulty (Prince I believe) to get a better sense of things. I also had a city with +173 favorability rating with the planet.

My congratulations. I haven't get it so far to 100, not in a single game (slightly below 60 was the highest). What map size do you play on, roughly at which turn did it reach 100 and what was the reason why it climbed that high? I'm asking because I still think the balance isn't ideal here (at least on in my games)

The first order of business to get the Flowering Counter functional as intended is still to ensure that 40% of the factions have a positive Planet Attitude at the end of the game or just before they are destroyed.

To this end I have slightly modified the tech AI so they will be more likely to pick Xenobiology as their first tech given the right circumstances, and I have increased the initial occurence of xenofungus on land by 33%. I'd appreciate if you'd be interested in playing games with these modifications (files attached) and report results.

If these changes aren't sufficient, possible avenues to proceed are increase the planet bonus to the HQ to +2, or give all bases an extra +planet.

How about a game option that causes the flowering counter to constantly increase with time to simulate a later stage in the flowering cycle. Now it feels like planetfall is much earlier than in SMAC.

Top Bottom