Forbidden Palace question

antares60

Chieftain
In the manual it states that you need 8 cities on a standard map. Is this 8 cities of a certain size or just 8 towns? Also, is the number different for a larger map? Does the number change for the difficulty level chosen? I've played 2 games on a Huge map and after creating 8 cities and getting them to a size of 7, I'm not being offered the chance to build the wonder. What gives?

I think it's just 8 towns.

It says in the manual that the Forbidden Palace has the same effect of a Palace, but that it doesn't spread to nearby cities... but my Forbidden Palaces always seem to spread an anti-corruption influence?

It changes based on the OCN (optimal city number). You need half of the OCN to build a FP. On Large, I believe it's 12, on huge, 16. On a small map, I think it's 7, and on a tiny map, 6.

The Forbidden palace works same as a second capitol...it lowers corruption in nearby cites. The best is to locate it in an area where you have a cluster of cities far from your capitol. It will lower the corruption in those cities dramatically under Monarchy for example.

Originally posted by Sayounara
Forbidden Place is too expensive, you can't put it far away :(

I generally reserve the building for when I capture a rivals capitol. It may take 100 or so turns to build, but it's worth the wait to get a second capitol in another part of the world :)

BTW, when they say "cities" they mean "towns, cities, and metropolitoses" It would be awakard if they kept on saying that throughout the whole manual.

They say 8 towns but it's a lie. Usually I have to build 11 towns or so before I get the opprotunity to build the FP.

Yup, a former captial is the perfect place to build an FP. I conquered the French and I built the FP in Paris.

On a standard map, I try to place my fp atleast 15 tiles away from my capitol. An fp can be build quick in the industrial age if you have factory/power plant and courthouse/police station.

You can also place your fp next to your capitol and move your capitol latter with a great leader.

build the FP 'at home' (preferably better placed than the capital), then use a leader to jump the palace where you want your 2nd center of empire.

this usually works best, as even if you do NOT get a leader you will benefit from the FP.

Originally posted by DiamondzAndGunz
It changes based on the OCN (optimal city number). You need half of the OCN to build a FP. On Large, I believe it's 12, on huge, 16. On a small map, I think it's 7, and on a tiny map, 6.

I thought tiny was 4 and small was 6?

When I have nothing better to build, I might build pallace in better places. You can sell the old one just before the new one appears for some extra gold... or just save up the shields to use on the next wonder.

Btw, if there are UU - shouldn't the wonders also be unique? :)

Stormbind,

UW !! That is the most original idea for enhancing the game I have seen in a long time.

I have always thought Bach's should be restricted to Germany. The current GW could be renamed and iconed to something else.

UW's would add another level of complexity to the game, but also has the potential of adding more fun for the builders.

Maybe civ4...???

== PF

Top Bottom