Found a very profitable little glitch in Multiplayer Hotseat...

Uli Barbarossa

Chieftain
While playing a game in Multiplayer Hotseat game my fiance and I have discovered a very profitable glitch in the game.

I was a little short of money when a petty criminal graduated from school and didn't have the money to make him an Elder Statesmen. My fiance traded me the money with the agreement that I trade it back to her when my ship reached Europe and I sold off my goods in a few turns. Well a few turns later she decided she would rather have some of my sugar instead of the money in order to make more rum. Okay not a problem I figured, we both had two cities relatively close to each other. So I loaded up a wagon train with a full load of sugar and sent it to her city. However, when I arrived and tried to trade the sugar to her as I would with a native city the game would not allow it. The interface for trade negotiations opened up, but the trade didn't go through and the sugar didn't appear in her warehouse.

So, I came up with an idea to get around this: I would just gift her the wagon train full of sugar. She could then unload it into her warehouse, send the empty wagon train back to my city and gift it back to me. She'd get her sugar, and I'd get my wagon train back. So we tried this.

:goodjob: THIS is where things got very interesting: When I gifted her the wagon train full of sugar, she got the wagon train still full of sugar PLUS the sugar showed up in her warehouse! The game doubled it! We excitedly tried this again, she loaded the wagon train up with horses and sent it back to my city and gifted it back to me. I got the wagon train full of horses AND the exact number of horses showed up in my warehouse. The game doubled the amount of goods!

We built a road between the two cities to increase the speed of travel and started gifting a wagon train full of silver and other goods back and forth to each other. Every turn now we each get two full stacks of goods doing this! We are only using one wagon train at the moment because it quickly became difficult to ship that many goods to Europe. Our money has gone through the roof doing this!

Anyone else find this little glitch? I wonder if it works in other forms of multiplayer, or if it's just hotseat?

Top Bottom